• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Blam

Nah, NRS uses celebrities and joke characters for their silhouettes. You can see people like Conan O'Brien and David Bowie there.

Yeah I see clint eastwood there also. God damn netherrealms. I swear to god the guy on the top right is donald trump.

1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Supergirl
5. Blue Beetle
6. Aquaman
7. Barry Allen
8. Cyborg
9. Hal Jordan
10. Arrow
11. Black Canary
12. Dr. Fate
13. Swamp Thing
14. Raven
15. Katana
16. Damien Wayne
17. Darkseid
18. The Joker
19. Harley Quinn
20. Poison Ivy
21. Catwoman
22. Red Hood
23. Deadshot
24. Ares
25. Captain Cold
26. Gorilla Grodd
27. Atrocitus
28. OMAC/Brainiac

DLC Pack #1: Sub-Zero/Raiden, Constantine, Starfire, Black Manta
DLC Pack #2: Judge Dredd, Hellboy, Vixen, Static
DLC Pack #3: Doc Manhattan, Spawn, Steppenwolf, Mera

That's my final answer.

Khezu

When Cassidy first posted the instagram thing of her working on a game, I didn't think it was Injustice because the studio looked nothing like what NRS has done in the past.

However she later posted this.
WaJPJ79.jpg
And now that we know they are capturing the actors faces for VO, it could be Injustice.

Ryce

When Cassidy first posted the instagram thing of her working on a game, I didn't think it was Injustice because the studio looked nothing like what NRS has done in the past.

And now that we know they are capturing the actors faces for VO, it could be Injustice.
She's probably working on a different game. I'm not saying Black Canary won't be in this, but I doubt her mocap/performance capture would be provided by her TV actor.

Khezu

She's probably working on a different game. I'm not saying Black Canary won't be in this, but I doubt her mocap/performance capture would be provided by her TV actor.

I figured it would probably be for just a special skin like the original Arrow skin.

On the other hand, she could probably be got cheap, and it's not like she's doing anything else right now.

Ryce

I figured it would probably be for just a special skin like the original Arrow skin.

On the other hand, she could probably be got cheap, and it's not like she's doing anything else right now.
Ed Boon said they aren't doing skins, just gear sets. There might be an Arrow look for Black Canary, but it isn't going to change her facial structure. Plus, the game comes out in a year, so I doubt they're already doing mocap and voice work for DLC.

Khezu

Ed Boon said they aren't doing skins, just gear sets. There might be an Arrow look for Black Canary, but it isn't going to change her facial structure. Plus, the game comes out in a year, so I doubt they're already doing mocap and voice work for DLC.

I think it depends on how extensive the gear can change things.

They way he described the gear changing Supergirl into Powergirl, it sounded more then just a costume change.

If they had a special head item that changes Canarys face and Voice, it wouldn't really be that different from a alt costume doing the same thing.

tim1138

Oh man I would love Midnighter in this.Also a Grifter skin somewhere.

If they're going to do another gun based character, I'd much rather have Grifter than Red Hood. I'd love to see some Wildstorm representation in general. Hell, make an Apollo skin for Superman, a Swift skin for Hawkgirl, a Jack Hawksmoor skin for Nightwing, Elijah Snow for Cold, Jakarta for Supergirl, and so on. They could easily have a ton of Wildstorm characters through gear or skins.

delSai

The only way i can see Grifter being in is if Jason Todd gets in and Netherrealm uses his mask as gear for Red Hood

That being said Grifter is at least just as badass as Red Hood and even his mask being in as Gear would make me happy.

Elbereth

I would love to see Metamorpho (Dhalsim like character)
A secondary Lantern = Kyle Rayner
A secondary Sinestro Corp member = Soranik
Anti Monitor = I know, a little OP
Of course we need to have a playable Darkseid.

Vic_Viper

Oh shit! Wonder what game she could be working on if not injustice.

Doesn't necessarily have to be an Arrow game but man am I hopeful.

Went back and loaded up injustice on PS4 and I really hope they work on better move sets for some of the heroes. Deathstroke in particular.

J-Tier

I would love to see Metamorpho (Dhalsim like character)
A secondary Lantern = Kyle Rayner
A secondary Sinestro Corp member = Soranik
Anti Monitor = I know, a little OP
Of course we need to have a playable Darkseid.
If they were to do other lanterns beside Atrocitus, Hal, and Sinestro, I'd personally prefer characters from the other spectrums like Saintwalker, Larfleeze, or Carol/Fatality of the Star Sapphires. Fatality would be a pretty fitting inclusion come to think of it lol.

tim1138

If they were to do other lanterns beside Atrocitus, Hal, and Sinestro, I'd personally prefer characters from the other spectrums like Saintwalker, Larfleeze, or Carol/Fatality of the Star Sapphires. Fatality would be a pretty fitting inclusion come to think of it lol.

If they did Kyle I'd want him to be the White Lantern.

Elbereth

I can see that... A Green Lantern game properly realized would be amazing.

adj_noun

1. Batman
2. Batwoman
3. Batgirl
4. Batmite
5. Robin
6. Nightwing
7. Red Hood
8. GCPD (Gordon, Bullock, Montoya)
9. Alfred
10. Catwoman
11. Ace the Bat Hound
12. The Spoiler
13. Cassandra Cain
14. Batman Beyond
15. Joker
16. Harley Quinn
17. Two-Face
18. The Penguin
19. The Riddler
20. Poison Ivy
21. Clayface
22. Killer Croc
23. Scarecrow
24. Mr. Freeze
25. Firefly
26. Man-Bat
27. Mad Hatter
28. Hush

Special Unlockable Character: Superman
/Batman Composite

Elbereth

1. Batman
2. Batwoman
3. Batgirl
4. Batmite
5. Robin
6. Nightwing
7. Red Hood
9. Alfred
10. Catwoman
11. Ace the Bat Hound
12. The Spoiler
13. Cassandra Cain
14. Batman Beyond
15. Joker
16. Harley Quinn
17. Two-Face
18. The Penguin
19. The Riddler
20. Poison Ivy
21. Clayface
22. Killer Croc
23. Scarecrow
24. Mr. Freeze
25. Firefly
26. Man-Bat
27. Mad Hatter
28. Hush

/Batman Composite

Is it safe to say that you really love Batman? :)

adj_noun

Is it safe to say that you really love Batman? :)

Don't know where you'd get that idea. >_>

Kidding aside, I've always thought a Batman fighting game would be kinda neat if you could figure out how to incorporate the weedier villains who really aren't toe to toe fighters.

J-Tier

1. Batman
2. Batwoman
3. Batgirl
4. Batmite
5. Robin
6. Nightwing
7. Red Hood
9. Alfred
10. Catwoman
11. Ace the Bat Hound
12. The Spoiler
13. Cassandra Cain
14. Batman Beyond
15. Joker
16. Harley Quinn
17. Two-Face
18. The Penguin
19. The Riddler
20. Poison Ivy
21. Clayface
22. Killer Croc
23. Scarecrow
24. Mr. Freeze
25. Firefly
26. Man-Bat
27. Mad Hatter
28. Hush

/Batman Composite

Toss in

Ventriloquist
Professor Pyg
Anarky
Huntress
Batwing
Red Robin/Tim Drake
Victor Zsasz
Ras al Ghul
Talia al Ghul
Court of Owls Talon
Creeper
Ragman
Clayface
Bane
Carmine Falcone
Azrael
Black Mask
Clock King
Owlman
Bluebird

for good measure.

Khezu

They won't do it, but I wish if they did a hero villain split again, that they use the actual Injustice universe to classify the characters.

Wonder Woman being on the villains side, Harley being on the good side.

Had a dream that Firestorm and Green Lantern were revealed next. They also took the time to show how the character gear worked, switching Ronnie Raymond to Jason Rusch and Has Jordon to John Stewart.

delSai

Okay so the Injustice 2 IMDB Page shows Richard Epcar voicing Joker again and Grant Gustin (The Dude that plays Flash in the TV Show for those who dont know him) as the voice of Flash. Dunno how reliable Imdb is with this stuff, but hey, it's there.

Also we got PAX West coming up as well as some other events, so the next reveal might be around the corner. Hoping for a new stage to be shown, a Themyscira stage should look amazing.

Okay so the Injustice 2 IMDB Page shows Richard Epcar voicing Joker again and Grant Gustin (The Dude that plays Flash in the TV Show for those who dont know him) as the voice of Flash. Dunno how reliable Imdb is with this stuff, but hey, it's there.

Also we got PAX West coming up as well as some other events, so the next reveal might be around the corner. Hoping for a new stage to be shown, a Themyscira stage should look amazing.
Very unreliable

has raven't stock in DC fallen so much? She's not on anyone's list lol. I loved using her in the first game, she was a good take on a stance character.

edit: inb4 screenshots of her I1 model's face.

J-Tier

¡HarlequinPanic!;214691112 said:
has raven't stock in DC fallen so much? She's not on anyone's list lol. I loved using her in the first game, she was a good take on a stance character.

I personally want her back, with a significantly updated face lol. I really enjoyed playing her and was the first character I messed around with.

I mean, Teen Titans Go is still going strong so I imagine she's still one of DC's more popular female characters.

tim1138

I liked Ravens, but was god awful with her. If they add Starfire, I hope they keep Raven and Cyborg to have a mini Titans group.

She's getting her own mini-series by one of her creators, is part of the relaunched Teen Titans team and is one of the heroes of the Bombshell-verse with her own statue and everything:

New Deadshot footage.

J-Tier

Okay, uhh, this is from Ben Affleck, so it would more likely be DCEU-related, but... this kinda looks like Injustice?
Yeah, it's most likely DCEU related. However, I want to see Deathstroke return.

I feel like Deathstroke isn't an expendable character even though he may seem redundant due to Deadshot's inclusion. He's just too "important" as a DC character to omit imo. Though I guess the same could be argued for Darkseid or Braniac.

I would actually prefer the entire roster from the first game to return in some fashion, DLC or otherwise. If I had to choose though, Ares, Zod, and Killer Frost would be the least important for a return to me.

Edit: Very rambly, sorry. No caffeine yet and on mobile.

bunkitz

Yeah, it's most likely DCEU related. However, I want to see Deathstroke return.

I feel like Deathstroke isn't an expendable character even though he may seem redundant due to Deadshot's inclusion. He's just too "important" as a DC character to omit imo. Though I guess the same could be argued for Darkseid or Braniac.

I would actually prefer the entire roster from the first game to return in some fashion, DLC or otherwise. If I had to choose though, Ares, Zod, and Killer Frost would be the least important for a return to me.

Edit: Very rambly, sorry. No caffeine yet and on mobile.

Yeah, you're right. He's apparently gonna be the main villain in the solo Batman movie. Supposedly, anyway. Pretty fucking excited for that. He'll likely make it to the game then, because of this.

But yeah, I really hope he comes back for the game too. I hate that they brought Deadshot in and made him similar to Deathstroke. They can do a lot more to differentiate Deathstroke, so hopefully they will. They could do a stance switch instead for his character trait, I suppose. Switching between his bo staff and sword. I'd be down with that. If they do that, though, it should be a full move set, unlike Nightwing's bo staff.

Agreed for the most part about the original roster too. Aside from Scorpion and those three, I don't think there's anyone else I'd least care for to return.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Ultimate Wishlist:

Poison Ivy,
John Constantine,
Black Canary,

Cuts

Killer Frost,
Ares,
Bane,
Nightwing.

Guest Characters:

Rorschach (Watchmen, Voiced by Jackie Earle Haley)
Judge Dredd (2000AD, Voiced by Karl Urban)
Hellboy (Hellboy, Voiced by Ron Pearlman)
V (V from Vendetta)

I forgot Zod was even in the game. When people were saying Injustice had 6 DLC characters, I was going over them in my head and had no idea who the 6th person was.

Only a few days ago, when I booted up Injustice again, did I remember it was Zod.

The only DLC character with an alt costume too...

She's getting her own mini-series by one of her creators, is part of the relaunched Teen Titans team and is one of the heroes of the Bombshell-verse with her own statue and everything:

Hope they use one of those designs. She looked like a foot in the original Injustice.

Top Bottom