• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

JAXXX

Power Girl is also Kara Zor-L, albeit from Earth 2. She is older than Supergirl and her powers are more developed, but otherwise they are physical counterparts. Power Girl and Supergirl are very distinct characters however. Power Girl is blunt, confident, tough and punches first.
oh really- i'm confused...can Super girl and Power Girl be in the same place and interact with each other?
I get the multi-earths angle but are they both in the same time period -running around metropolis or whatever city.

oh really- i'm confused...can Super girl and Power Girl be in the same place and interact with each other?
I get the multi-earths angle but are they both in the same time period -running around metropolis or whatever city.

Yes, at different points in continuity, they've both been on the same Earth and have interacted.

JAXXX

SUPE2006.JPG

Hopefully NRS adds TROIA for Wonder Woman...
2428669f71bcedac1cb42273729c0923.jpg

Ryce

The fighter pack is like a season pass -- you can pre-purchase everything on day one, but you still have to wait for the three characters to be released individually.

JAXXX

what's the best intro/clash quote that you guys have heard?

I heard one yesterday that actually made me laugh out loud.

CLASH-

Wonder Woman: Damian despises you.

Batman: You can have him.

Damn -Batman is clearly father of the year, LOL

Nori Chan

CLASH-

Superman: Want to hear a joke?
Harley: Oh boy, this ought to be good.
Superman: Harley Quinn vs Superman

*fire emoji fire emoji fire emoji*

Spinky

Martha jokes haven't been funny in forever.

CLASH-

I've heard some HILARIOUS ones from Superman.

9:18 - Superman 2: "Tell me something only I would know."
Superman 1: "Two words - beef bourguignon."
Superman 2: "...THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE."

25:05 - Superman: "Wanna hear a joke?"
Harley: "Oh gee, this oughta be somethin'."
Superman: "Harley Quinn vs. Superman."

fernoca

The bigger render of Power Girl does make her seem a bit older which was a complaint earlier around how she looked exactly the same.

RootCause

Wouldn't it be nice if they had comic shaders. :d

Are shader gears character specific? Or can they be used on any characters?

Do you guys think these special shaders will provide unique intros dialogue and clash quotes when you use them?

The first game evil superman had different lines
Are those the exclusive shaders for UE?

Garlador

Power girl looks fine, she always was an older more developed Supergirl.

On one hand, I like Power Girl. I genuinely do. She's a great character with fun stories.

On the other hand, she is primarily, chiefly, and almost entirely identified with her physical development over her character development.

I don't MIND it per se - heroines come in all shapes and sizes - but... it's pretty much unavoidable.

Anyone playing the mobile game?

A bit confused - any idea how I upgrade a 1 gold star Batman to a 2 gold star Batman (and so on)? It says he's a 3/20 - is that just ranked based on a combination of his level/gear/skills yadda yadda, or this something I'm supposed to invest in specifically?

Nori Chan

Anyone playing the mobile game?

A bit confused - any idea how I upgrade a 1 gold star Batman to a 2 gold star Batman (and so on)? It says he's a 3/20 - is that just ranked based on a combination of his level/gear/skills yadda yadda, or this something I'm supposed to invest in specifically?

You need 20 batman shards to get him to rank 2

it's kinda like dc legends mobile game

Garlador

I'm having trouble with that too. Shards, gems, energy, STIMs... I'm not making much sense of a lot of it.

Just grinding up the ladders and aiming for daily achievements.

Wow this looks awful imo. I would have thought this was just gear if I wasn't told it was power girl.
What did you expect her to look like? That's Power Girl. She's just Supergirl with a white outfit, blue gloves, and typically a cleavage window.

Oh, and you get shards (mostly) by buying them from the store when they randomly appear? I stupidly bought a bunch of Dr Fate level 1 ones because he's cool looking. Probably should've just focused on investing in one character to make powerful?

RootCause

After checking the price for each character/bundle in MKX, I decided to place my UE order as soon as it went back in stock. Ended up paying $49.50 with my rewards points on top of the 20%.

Does the mobile game spoil anything from the main game?

JAXXX

After checking the price for each character/bundle in MKX, I decided to place my UE order as soon as it went back in stock. Ended up paying $49.50 with my rewards points on top of the 20%.

Does the mobile game spoil anything from the main game?

YES the whole story...it only has chapter 1 for now(so that's round 15-20 mins of story)
it's on Youtube so be careful if you dont want to be spoiled.

RootCause

YES the whole story...it only has chapter 1 for now(so that's round 15-20 mins of story)
it's on Youtube so be careful if you dont want to be spoiled.
Thanks! Man wish they had done a prequel or something. I played the intro tutorial part so no biggie

AdaWong

Funny quotes:

Cheetah: "Mine are real, Catwoman."
Catwoman: "We better be talkin' about claws here.."

Harley Quinn: "You ain't so tough, Superman!"
Superman: "Why do you say that?"
Harley Quinn: "Alfred knocked your freaking ass out."

Catwoman: "You still don't trust me?"
Batman: "You joined the regime, remember?"
Catwoman: "Bruce, honey, LET IT GO."

Harley Quinn: "You ever gonna trust me 100%?"
Batman: "I don't trust anyone that much."