• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Khezu

Lex looks pretty dull, which is diappointing cause he was on the list of characters I was looking forward to.

From a visual standpoint I agree, but mechanically, he has some of the most interesting specials in the game.

Really cant wait to try him out, I have heard he is really cheap.

Tsukumo

I think it means nothing, just lets him put up images of cameo characters for fun.

It seems like you can meter burn a naked wall bounce and it gets armor.
Curious to know how much meter it costs, probably 2 bars, and if you can also meter burn a naked ground bounce.

Yes! this finally takes away all my fears about this game turning into a combo fest.
I don't understand why this much Shazam hate though :) his abilities to close/take distance are amazing: I was also worried that projectile spammers would end up being favoured by the game system, but it doesn't look that likely now.
Game is turning more and more Awesomo by the day...

Tsukumo

From a visual standpoint I agree, but mechanically, he has some of the most interesting specials in the game.

Really cant wait to try him out, I have heard he is really cheap.

If the...sucking vortex? in his chest can also eat frames and give free hits, I can totally see why...

ReiGun

shazamdwi.gif

Khezu

I hope in the story mode Shazam speaks and acts like a 13 year old white kid who watches way too many rap videos.

TDLink

New noob.com hint images, you decide what they mean. The first one seems kind of self explanatory no clue about the second though.

supermansupergirl-jpg.3755

page2number35-jpg.3756

Supergirl deconfirmed and Ed Boon's napkin drawing storyboards for some super where someone gets sent through the earth and out the other side.

TDLink

Boon can fuck right off with that crossword thing.

Yeah I am just waiting for someone with way more time on their hands to figure it out, because I know someone will.

Did he ever say why? Did the episodes from Justice League give him bad feels about that character?

And what about all numbers that go past 26 on that matrix looking pic?

Boon has random arbitrary reasons for not liking characters, I don't think we'll ever really know why. No idea how to figure out what the numbers over 26 correlate to either.

ugoo18

Could someone link me the prequel comics, i know i've seen the link in several Injustice topics before but i can't remember which ones.

Salamando

9 = I
14 = N
10 = J
21 = U
19 = S
20 = T
9 = I
3 = C
5 = E

Looks like a coded crossword puzzle?

If you subtract each number by it's row (starting with 0), and then do the substitution, you get...
INJUSTICEATEGDAGINIDDUPTUB
SNAERINPJRELLEKHINOPGIRLOP
YHATOMJOBLEUQESONNOUNOSTRA
MTARANIOBULRARDEATHMOIDOAR
OEDCESMRSLRAODSTROKEMNKOWT
NPOQKBFLOGEGOMERPILEIHASFL
EAZWHYILCGREENAACYHALLUAUA
THROWINCARSEFSSKYORLEOFNSE
ETHANKKLTLJONESLABRGDJUSTR
ERLOVEROFGRODDRETPOCILEHIE
EEECNETSIXEYMFOLDVFLEXPUCH
BVAPATHYLDSYLLIBIONDOHELET
EROEBLOISUPERBAAJSLINGJKTE
SKATERRYPPNAMRETAWAIBORIER
TLYIEIVEVLAMBYESMABAHAELTA
OTWINGSSOIPAKOSTTOENHODLNM
FPMKCDJRMCRICKOARANSGGSEET
SZBXELDERATNEEDXRYMUOIODKH
HYRKOOTTOTRYOURCVREPSRNADG
OXOMACBAREMDNAAEVAOEKOCCEI
WMOIRANECSKYMDREDNOYITHHLN
DOMERSTHWOLLEYANAMOWECAILA
INENLSLATFLEBARONSTYLERLIN
ELONIEGLWINEREHELOTSEHDDKI
CLOWNZYNADASEITILATAFSNASM
DSCRAIGFISHTANKSYCNEGRUSNI
Might want to copy-paste that into Notepad so columns line up and such. Grodd's in there, which is interesting.

Boon has random arbitrary reasons for not liking characters, I don't think we'll ever really know why. No idea how to figure out what the numbers over 26 correlate to either.

Well, if a dude refused to try save your old job, then you probably will have beef with the brother for a long time

d5tG7k5.jpg

Kizer

INJUSTICEATEGDAGINIDDUPTUB
SNAERINPJRELLEKHINOPGIRLOP
YHATOMJOBLEUQESONNOUNOSTRA
MTARANIOBULRARDEATHMOIDOAR
OEDCESMRSLRAODSTROKEMNKOWT
NPOQKBFLOGEGOMERPILEIHASFL
EAZWHYILCGREENAACYHALLUAUA
THROWINCARSEFSSKYORLEOFNSE
ETHANKKLTLJONESLABRGDJUSTR
ERLOVEROFGRODDRETPOCILEHIE
EEECNETSIXEYMFOLDVFLEXPUCH
BVAPATHYLDSYLLIBIONDOHELET
EROEBLOISUPERBAAJSLINGJKTE
SKATERRYPPNAMRETAWAIBORIER
TLYIEIVEVLAMBYESMABAHAELTA
OTWINGSSOIPAKOSTTOENHODLNM
FPMKCDJRMCRICKOARANSGGSEET
SZBXELDERATNEEDXRYMUOIODKH
HYRKOOTTOTRYOURCVREPSRNADG
OXOMACBAREMDNAAEVAOEKOCCEI
WMOIRANECSKYMDREDNOYITHHLN
DOMERSTHWOLLEYANAMOWECAILA
INENLSLATFLEBARONSTYLERLIN
ELONIEGLWINEREHELOTSEHDDKI
CLOWNZYNADASEITILATAFSNASM
DSCRAIGFISHTANKSYCNEGRUSNI

Just a couple things I saw in the puzzle.

TDLink

Just a couple things I saw in the puzzle.

I see INSURGENCY spelled backwards in the bottom row at the far right.

Someone put all the letters in an actual grid, should be easier to spot the reverse and vertical/diagonal words:

84qMlCL.jpg

Upside-down and reverse also, with some answers:

injusticepuzzle.png

J-Tier

Nora...I really hope Freeze is not playable.

It's quite possible, the only "evidence" we have is that Freeze doesn't shoot icicles, but we know how weak that argument is.

Oh...and his cell is in the Arkham stage and is still frozen...

Salamando

There's also a Mxyzptlk going up in the second column of the non-flipped version, but I'm not exactly expecting him to be in.

Kizer

It's quite possible, the only "evidence" we have is that Freeze doesn't shoot icicles, but we know how weak that argument is.

Oh...and his cell is in the Arkham stage and is still frozen...

I wish that would comfort me, but we both know better, huh.

TDLink

RIght next to the highlight AND is MERA. =p

Yeah I definitely see it, good catch. Not sure how we are supposed to figure out the relevance of these clues though.

KILLEDKENT = Superman is killed?

NOPGIRL = Power Girl confirmed not in?

BILLY = Shazam
HAL = Hal Jordan
JON = Martian Manhunter?

LOVEROFGRODD = Grodd has a good chance since Boon loves him?

And Mxyzptlk is definitely in there.

TDLink

Based on how DEATH STROKE and I NEED YOUR DNA are laid out it seems words next to eachother could also create statements.

Vertically under CLOWN is "DIE" = Clown dies? (Which we know from the comic)

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
They should not have had human characters like the Joker or Harley Quinn in this game. Despite those characters' popularity, they just don't make sense when going up against these characters with super strength. Seeing Joker slash at Lex Luthor clad in a mech bodysuit with just a little knife just makes no sense visually. Joker getting thrown through 30 stories of a building and then hopping right up onto his feet had me lolling.

Besides the confusion this is going to cause me at first, this game looks awesome and I am actually finding myself looking forward to it.

TDLink

They should not have had human characters like the Joker or Harley Quinn in this game. Despite those characters' popularity, they just don't make sense when going up against these characters with super strength. Seeing Joker slash at Lex Luthor clad in a mech bodysuit with just a little knife just makes no sense visually. Joker getting thrown through 30 stories of a building and then hopping right up onto his feet had me lolling.

Besides the confusion this is going to cause me at first, this game looks awesome and I am actually finding myself looking forward to it.

Well...it's a video game. This kind of thing happens in other fighters too like Marvel Vs Capcom. The playable characters vary greatly in canon power and abilities but that doesn't have any indication on their capabilities in the game. You just kind of have to go with it. I mean by your logic even some of the superpowered characters shouldn't be in because most can't stand up to Superman.

ReiGun

In MvC3, Mike Haggar, a guy armed with nothing but a pipe, can beat up Thor.

It's best not to think too hard about it. It's video games.
All the Robins are pretty great though, even Damian.

They're by far the most interesting thing about Batman.
True words. The Robins are awesome.

Kizer

Yeah I definitely see it, good catch. Not sure how we are supposed to figure out the relevance of these clues though.

KILLEDKENT = Superman is killed?

I took that as Clark Kent (the alter ego) dies with Lois.

Why do people keep getting caught up on this? It isn't like the concept of a video game is new.

Top Bottom