• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Archon473

Delayed crossups are always dirty and delicious. It was about all my MVC3 Ryu could do. Id tatsu all day, but eventually I'd air hadoken to whif bait and then tatsu. Batman looks like he is gonna be fun in the demo for folks to mess with...just remember that the Demo likely isn't representative of the final build though so dont get married to too many things you do in it. Never know which moves received the extra tweak before launch though I doubt delayed crossup has a thing to worry about. Just stuff like priorities and a few links are likely gonna dance around is my guess between the demo version and the final release version.

I'm thinking, unlike the MK demo, the Injustice demo is going to be representative of the final game. We'll have to wait for the "Gone gold" announcement to be sure, or perhaps we'll be told whether or not the demo represents the final version of those characters.

Kizer

Has anyone else been enjoying this new 52 version of vibe because I am.

justice-league-of-america-new-52-2-hawkman-vibe.jpg

FHIZ

Has anyone else been enjoying this new 52 version of vibe because I am.

First two issues of his series have been pretty enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to the big multiverse teases they've given for it. But that scene in JLA was my favorite of the month.

shaowebb

Check out the purple spark during Superman's eye lasers...his meter burn eye lasers CANCELS other projectiles.
fZuOOrU.gif

That laser is gonna be goooooooooooooood.

tim1138

First two issues of his series have been pretty enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to the big multiverse teases they've given for it. But that scene in JLA was my favorite of the month.

Are you the same Fhiz who runs Gotham Spoilers? If so, I dig the site.

GuessWho

Yes, and it's said to have been expanded upon. I believe one of the producers said it'll take the average player about eight hours to complete.

well looks like i'm getting it then. I strangely found the single player campaign fantastic for MK. It was the best told story in a fighting ever and surpasses even some AAA games.

Kizer

You guys should post in the monthly comics thread in the OT, it'd be nice to have some DC discussion for a change.

I was there for a while. I got kinda bored since most people just kinda complained all the time. I'd much rather discuss the things I like about comics rather than the things I don't like.

Also that superman laser is straight up scary.

shaowebb

Just read Injustice comic 11 today and stuff has been getting tense with Superman policing the world with pure fear and violence lately and I wanted to share this moment.

XKy63Fi.jpg

d4NKFO5.gif

fernoca

Any place that sells all comics together? Or a possible hardcover with eveyrthing..or something? I'd like them, but don't want to buy them by separate. :p

Tizoc

^You mean TPBs that collect the comic? You may be waiting for a while as DC takes a LONG time to release TPBs of their series.
Heck Smallville is getting it's first TPB in a few weeks time and that series has been out for a year now!

Alfred bows to no man, even Superman.

Wonder how he'd feel if Batman were the one doing the policing =V

ReiGun

Any place that sells all comics together? Or a possible hardcover with eveyrthing..or something? I'd like them, but don't want to buy them by separate. :p
The Injustice comics are being collected and sold as physical copies every couple weeks. Beyond that, comics are regularly sold in hard and softcover editions pretty much anywhere online.

Wonder how he'd feel if Batman were the one doing the policing =V
He'd do exactly what Bruce is doing: brood and complain, but do nothing till it's too late. :p

TreIII

He'd do exactly what Bruce is doing: brood and complain, but do nothing till it's too late. :p

I still think this is the more telling scene (thanks Tizoc) from the issue:

Poor Superman. In Kingdom Come, Batman got on your case because you were apparently too "lax". But here in this Injustice continuity, you're being decidedly more proactive, and you're STILL wrong in Bats' eyes.

Superman just can't win, and Batman is ALWAYS right, no matter what~! We get it, DC.

J-Tier

I wanted to write up something similar, but time constraints for other things made me think otherwise. I wanted to write down anecdotes on how media such as TV shows, movies, rival companies, etc have influenced the popularity of characters i.e. Robin, Batman, and Aquaman, and why those things had an effect on the roster for Injustice. Gavok did a good job though, fun read and a good synopsis of events that bridge the gap of knowledge for those who don't really follow comics.

ReiGun

One thing that might be fun for the OT is having some suggestions for stories people could read if they get interested in this character or that one. Just one or two storylines or ogn's those most familiar with the characters would recommend. It's likely to come up during the thread anyway; it'd be a nice courtesy to have it right there in the OP.

Tizoc

One thing that might be fun for the OT is having some suggestions for stories people could read if they get interested in this character or that one. Just one or two storylines or ogn's those most familiar with the characters would recommend. It's likely to come up during the thread anyway; it'd be a nice courtesy to have it right there in the OP.

I could help with that, I know good stories featuring most of the cast.
Except Killer Frost.

Archon473

Check out the purple spark during Superman's eye lasers...his meter burn eye lasers CANCELS other projectiles.

Watch the first day of the PAX East show when Arturo & Josh are in Training mode. Green Lantern's ring capture is unblockable, not only the anti-air one but the ground one as well.

Thores

You are killing it with OT ideas.

Also I could probably help with a few. I could double help if you expanded recommendations to episodes of DC cartoons.
Justice League's "Hereafter" is still one of the best Superman stories of all time

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Grundy looks so damn fun to me, but as a character I prefer bane. Banes super looks stale and he seems more like a striker than a grappler, but there just isn't enough media out there yet to say for sure.

I need more content ASAP

In addition I think some Justice League/DC essential stories like Kingdom Come should be added to that list

ReiGun

You are killing it with OT ideas.

Also I could probably help with a few. I could double help if you expanded recommendations to episodes of DC cartoons.
Justice League's "Hereafter" is still one of the best Superman stories of all time

I was going to suggest the shows in their entirety, but if everyone would rather limit it to just specific episodes, that would be cool too.

And "Hereafter" is freaking amazing.

In addition I think some Justice League/DC essential stories like Kingdom Come should be added to that list

Agreed.

I was thinking this:

1. Cartoons and movies
2. General Justice League stories
3. Character specific stories

I don't know how much space that would take up. I certainly wouldn't want it to monopolize the OT. (It is supposed to be about the game after all)

Ryce

I was thinking this:

1. Cartoons and movies
2. General Justice League stories
3. Character specific stories

I don't know how much space that would take up. I certainly wouldn't want it to monopolize the OT. (It is supposed to be about the game after all)
I'm not sure if I want to take this approach -- not because it's a bad idea, but like you said, it doesn't really have anything to do with Injustice as a game. I always roll my eyes as I scroll through window-stretching, tome-length OTs that read like the obsessed ramblings of a madman. I like being able to go in, get a feel for the game, and hope that any questions I might have are already answered. I don't know -- there's just something about ultra-intricate OTs that scream "look at me!" and rub me the wrong way.

That's not to say the OT will be completely barebones or anything, I'd just prefer to keep it focused on the game.

TDLink

I'm not sure if I want to take this approach -- not because it's a bad idea, but like you said, it doesn't really have anything to do with Injustice as a game. I always roll my eyes as I scroll through window-stretching, tome-length OTs that read like the obsessed ramblings of a madman. I like being able to go in, get a feel for the game, and hope that any questions I might have are already answered. I don't know -- there's just something about ultra-intricate OTs that scream "look at me!" and rub me the wrong way.

That's not to say the OT will be completely barebones or anything, I'd just prefer to keep it focused on the game.

I agree, it should be focused on the game. I think most people will know most of these characters (which is part of why these are the characters on the roster opposed to others). Listing some of their "good stories" or episodes or whatever seems pointless in an OT.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Why is there such little content(hands on gameplay that isn't the devs) to watch when the game releases in less than 20 days?

Trust me, some of us have been bitching about this very thing for months. We did finally get some decent footage from PAX, particularly on day 3, so go check that out.

We're also getting a demo in a few days, so you can try it out for yourself. Three characters (Batman/Wonder Woman/Lex Luthor), one stage, presumably close to final build.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Trust me, some of us have been bitching about this very thing for months. We did finally get some decent footage from PAX, particularly on day 3, so go check that out.

We're also getting a demo in a few days, so you can try it out for yourself. Three characters (Batman/Wonder Woman/Lex Luthor), one stage, presumably close to final build.

The stuff from arturo and nerd josh?

Jetman

Played this at Wondercon today. No playable Ares or Killer Frost (the game is like 2 weeks away from release? Why keep them this hidden), but did try out Raven and Black Adam. I cheesed out people with Ravens long range "fireballs" and her super doesn't connect easily for some reason. Me and the multiples I saw play her behind me couldn't land it for some reason. Bane was quicker than I thought he would be, but I don't think he has any Zangief style spinning pile drivers as I was '360-ing' that stick and nothing was going down. Everyone, their brother, and their kids were playing as Batman. Foreshadowing for online I'll bet

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Yes. That and some ancient stuff from NYCC and/or some blurry footage from Europe using the NYCC build is basically all there is when it comes to real, non-edited non-combo footage. Sucks, don't it?

Yea, it does. I only want to see bane or Grundy. Guess I'll just force myself to stop thinking about this game for a few days.

ReiGun

I agree, it should be focused on the game. I think most people will know most of these characters (which is part of why these are the characters on the roster opposed to others). Listing some of their "good stories" or episodes or whatever seems pointless in an OT.

I don't know: MvC3 had plenty of well known characters, and the thread still had people asking for suggestions for things to read. That's where I came up with the idea. Plus, the general feeling I get is that while people recognize these characters, knowledge of them outside of Batman and Superman is pretty low.

I think if whoever is making the OT can figure out how to implement it without it taking up too much space - which is my main concern as well - there's no harm in it.

Khezu

Played this at Wondercon today. No playable Ares or Killer Frost (the game is like 2 weeks away from release? Why keep them this hidden), but did try out Raven and Black Adam. I cheesed out people with Ravens long range "fireballs" and her super doesn't connect easily for some reason. Me and the multiples I saw play her behind me couldn't land it for some reason. Bane was quicker than I thought he would be, but I don't think he has any Zangief style spinning pile drivers as I was '360-ing' that stick and nothing was going down. Everyone, their brother, and their kids were playing as Batman. Foreshadowing for online I'll bet

NRS doesn't use 360 motions, his command grabs are probably QCF.

I saw a youtube video of someone playing Bane at Wondercon, and ya, he does seem a lot faster then I thought he would be.

TDLink

Why is there such little content(hands on gameplay that isn't the devs) to watch when the game releases in less than 20 days?

There are a few more gameplay videos here (Without audio):

http://www.youtube.com/user/LSentiment/videos?flow=grid&view=0

But yes, NRS marketing has been pretty bad and intentionally secretive for really dumb/no good reasons. The Battle Arena is pretty much the only good marketing they have done so I am guessing it was a suggestion from someone else at DC or WB or something.

I don't know: MvC3 had plenty of well known characters, and the thread still had people asking for suggestions for things to read. That's where I came up with the idea. Plus, the general feeling I get is that while people recognize these characters, knowledge of them outside of Batman and Superman is pretty low.

I think if whoever is making the OT can figure out how to implement it without it taking up too much space - which is my main concern as well - there's no harm in it.

Marvel has a much larger cast which includes many more obscure characters though. I think it's probably unnecessary can just be answered within the topic if people ask. The thread should be about the game primarily, not the sources it pulls from. It's up to Ryce either way.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

But yes, NRS marketing has been pretty bad and intentionally secretive for really dumb/no good reasons. The Battle Arena is pretty much the only good marketing they have done so I am guessing it was a suggestion from someone else at DC or WB or something.

Marvel has a much larger cast which includes many more obscure characters though. I think it's probably unnecessary can just be answered within the topic if people ask. The thread should be about the game primarily, not the sources it pulls from. It's up to Ryce either way.

Much appreciated.

DR2K

Banned

Marvel's(side) cast was smaller than Injustice. 19 Marvel characters initially, featering characters no one really wanted such as Tenticle monster, Female Hulk, Female Wolverine, the wrong guy with the arrows, lazy ass F4 villian, floating head followed by the loser edition of course featuering a Racoon, Kung Fu dude no one wanted, etc. . .

I'm surprised with how well their roster selection is, a lot of fan favorites and big name characters with 1 or 2 obscure picks.

Top Bottom