• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TDLink

Every week from now until release NetherRealm will be producing new gameplay videos featuring gameplay from their internal play tests and members of the fighting game community. Each Monday will be a run down video featuring two characters from the game who will duke it out. You will be able to vote for which of the two would win in a fight by Thursday night and then on Friday a full match with those two characters will be released. This topic will be used to discuss this campaign, the gameplay videos, and the voting. I'll keep it updated each week.

How It Works

Vote Here
For Voting you receive CW's "Arrow" DLC Skin

Finals Rounds

Injustice Battle Arena Round 1 Recap & Memorial
Injustice Battle Arena Round 1 Blooper Reel

Week 5: Batman Vs. Wonder Woman & The Joker Vs. The Flash & Green Lantern Vs. Aquaman & Superman Vs. Green Arrow
Monday Video 1
Monday Video 2
Brian Bloom, Steve Blum, and Fred Tatasciore Interview
Brian Bloom, Fred Tatasciore, and Nolan North Interview
Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes Interview 1
Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes Interview 2
Stan Lee & Jace Hall Interview 1
Stan Lee & Jace Hall Interview 2

Doomsday Vs Shazam Bonus Match
Raven Vs Catwoman Bonus Match

Batman Vs Wonder Woman
The Flash Vs The Joker
Aquaman Vs Green Lantern
Superman Vs Green Arrow

Week 6: Batman Vs. The Flash & Green Lantern Vs. Superman
Monday's Video
Wayne Brady & Tara Strong Interview
Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes Interview
Scott Porter & Tim Jo Interview
Jason Priestly Interview
Geoff Johns & Jim Lee Interview
Jon Huertas & Bas Rutten Interview

Fight For Your Favourite Video

Black Adam Vs Green Arrow Bonus Match

Batman Vs The Flash
Superman Vs Green Lantern

Final Week: Batman Vs Superman
Monday's Video, featuring David S. Goyer
Ed Boon Interview
Wil Wheaton, John Rogers, and Yuri Lowenthal Interview
Celebrity Experts Montage

TV Spot with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes

Round 1

Week 1: Bane vs. Batman & Wonder Woman Vs. Harley Quinn
Monday's Tuesday's Video
Kevin Conroy Interview
Angry Joe's Injustice VLog Episode 1

Bane Vs Batman
Wonder Woman Vs Harley Quinn

Week 2: Shazam Vs. The Flash & Lex Luthor Vs. The Joker
Monday's Video Featuring Stephen Amell Interview

Shazam Vs The Flash
Lex Luthor Vs The Joker

Week 1 & 2 Recap Trailer

Week 3: Green Lantern Vs. Solomon Grundy & Aquaman Vs. Cyborg
Monday's Video
Scott Porter Interview

Green Lantern Vs Solomon Grundy
Aquaman Vs Cyborg
Aquaman Combat Trailer

Week 4: Superman Vs. Sinestro & Green Arrow Vs. Hawkgirl
Monday's Video Featuring George Newbern Interview
Stephen Amell Interview

Superman Vs Sinestro
Green Arrow Vs Hawkgirl

New Characters Officially Confirmed During This Campaign
Doomsday (Gameplay Reveal)
Shazam/Captain Marvel (Official Character Render)
Aquaman (Official Reveal Trailer | YouTube Mirror)
Sinestro (Battle Arena Reveal Video)
Hawkgirl (Battle Arena Reveal Video)
Black Adam (Lex Luthor Story Trailer)
Raven (Gameplay Reveal)

Official PR
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment announce the details - and an invitation - to the ultimate battle of superhero supremacy for the upcoming fighting game, Injustice: Gods Among Us .

For the next 10 weeks, the roster of legendary DC Comics characters will enter the Injustice Battle Arena. Each week, a new pair of challengers will enter the arena, as fans are given the opportunity to vote on who they believe would come out as champion.

Every Monday, combatants will be revealed in weekly match-up videos. Detailing the skills, attributes and technology of the week’s competing DC Comics warriors, the videos also include man-on-the-street and celebrity experts explaining which character in the battle has earned their vote.

All votes and submissions must be submitted by Thursday night, and the results will be announced in a final fight video, showing the all-out battles and ultimate victor of that week's match-up.

The teaser video that explains the campaign can be watched by clicking on the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egEQYRBAkZs

Fans can also view the first match-up video of the campaign here: http://youtu.be/wgfmwK9X104

For participating in these show-downs, fans in the UK will be rewarded with an Injustice avatar item when they register on the site and an exciting piece of DLC content when they first vote. Voice your opinion via Facebook, YouTube or Twitter and join the debate!

To vote on each week’s battle, visit: injustice.dccomics.com

Injustice: Gods Among Us is an all-new game in development by award-winning NetherRealm Studios. The title debuts a bold new fighting game franchise that introduces a deep, original story featuring a large cast of favorite DC Comics icons such as Batman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Harley Quinn, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and many others. Set in a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, players will experience heroes and villains engaging in epic battles on a massive scale.

™&© DC Comics.™&© Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

I am in no way affiliated with NetherRealm Studios, Warner Bros., or DC Comics.

J-Tier

I guess this is okay. They could've just released the character reveals weekly.

But something like this may (?) reach a wider audience.

And yes. Harley vs Diana is a wtf match up.

SykoTech

A little confused. So does the winner of the vote actually get anything? Or is it just for fun?

*feels like an idiot*

TDLink

A little confused. So does the winner of the vote actually get anything? Or is it just for fun?

*feels like an idiot*

My understanding is that whoever wins the vote is the one who wins the gameplay match on Friday. I could be wrong though.

Also, why are they interviewing Wayne Brady?

Also, looks like I got a free DLC Skin that will be sent to me when the game ships for being one of the first 5k to vote. Not sure what skin it is but it had a picture of Green Arrow looking like he does in the Arrow TV series next to the redemption form, so maybe it's that.

EDIT: Here's the picture:

CTRdtXP.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
*looks over his shoulder if GF is in the room*

Damn she is hot.

First in-game shot of Doomsday taken from ~43 seconds in the Announcement Video:

This confirms he is playable.
There wasn't a lot of doubts given that he was on the Arcade Stick, but awesome.

Also, weren't they gonna reveal a new character? Like, officially.

And wtf, why do I need a Facebook account to vote. I need to go against my better judgement and support my girl Harley Quinn.

Khezu

CTRdtXP.jpg

I guess you win a DLC alt if you vote every time.

Though I have seen Arrow, if they wanted to make it authentic, he really should be shirtless.

Also Bane looks larger then both Doomsday and Grundy.

J-Tier

And wtf, why do I need a Facebook account to vote. I need to go against my better judgement and support my girl Harley Quinn.

I would vote, you get a free Green Arrow Costume DLC code for your system of choice.

I imagine each week, you'd get a new skin for voting.

TDLink

but I don't like using Facebook.

You could always just make a dummy account for the purpose of voting.

Yeah, that's how it seemed to me too.

Doesn't give much incentive to vote, but okay.

The incentive to voting is you also get to claim dlc alt skins, apparently.

lol, i was expecting some actual matches...

srsly NR

At least now we know we will for sure get new gameplay every Friday. We haven't had any since like October.

Khezu

No Wii U option for the skins, not that I'm surprised.

Ya, WiiU is kinda getting left in the mud with this game, I wonder if it will even get the DLC at any point.

I was originally going to get the WiiU version, but I'm probably going to hold off on getting the system for awhile, for other reasons.

I think they made bane too big, he is going to be very low tier with this hitbox.
i22KNi5aLe9wI.gif

Also Shazam.
VGvbONW.png

TDLink

Ya, WiiU is kinda getting left in the mud with this game, I wonder if it will even get the DLC at any point.

I was originally going to get the WiiU version, but I'm probably going to hold off on getting the system for awhile, for other reasons.

I think they made bane too big, he is going to be very low tier with this hitbox.
i22KNi5aLe9wI.gif

Also Shazam.
VGvbONW.png

Nice to see what Shazam finally looks like in this game, where did you find that?

Khezu

I have a fetish for white hoods so I'm a fan, but I prefer the new52 version more, I like how the cape is.

shaowebb

Got my DLC skin for Green Arrow <3
Can't wait to play this game when it comes out. Also I'm pumped to finally see Shazam. Dude looks awesome! I also can't wait to see that Bane vs Batman footage. Fun way to reveal gameplay for new dudes.

Harley vs Wonder Woman is a joke match in my eyes though. Harley is dead. I would've preferred GA vs her, but he's likely up against Deathstroke.

This is exactly the kind of marketing this game needed. More gameplay footage tied into a social media campaign that rewards interest and participation with free DLC that people will want to buy the game to use.

Good shizzle, Warner Brothers marketing person.

Thores

Nice! Gonna watch these when I get home.

Until then, why are Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes getting interviewed? Do they have anything to do with the game?

Khezu

Nice! Gonna watch these when I get home.

Until then, why are Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes getting interviewed? Do they have anything to do with the game?

D list celebrities that will do anything? Just like Wayne Brady.

Hopefully the match or w/e that is on friday isn't edited to hell, but I'm not holding my breath.

TDLink

Shazam, Lex Luthor, Flash, and Joker are the only character models uploaded on the voting site other than this week's combatants. So...I am guessing those 4 will be the fighters next week.

J-Tier

I know of Smith's connection to DC and their comic books, I meant the video game specifically.

I'm cool with any excuse to post that video, though.

Probably no connections. They just wanted "celebrity experts", meaning, like previously said, anyone who's willing to do pretty much anything, and those already involved (like Tara Strong).

Cth

I would vote, you get a free Green Arrow Costume DLC code for your system of choice.

I imagine each week, you'd get a new skin for voting.

Nope. The skin for each week is Arrow according to the Twitter feed.

So the first 5000 each week can choose between Arrow DLC skin or avatar clothing/theme.

DLC code will be released upon shipping/later. Avatar code is immediate (it's a Flash emblem t-shirt, even if XBL identifies it as a Batman logo shirt)

Frosted

I still don't understand how is it possible to have Doomdsay and the Joker in a fight. I mean when he fought Superman they both died. Unless the Joker has been holding back his super strength all these years.

Can anyone tell me if there will be vs CPU in this (where I can pick my dude, my opponent and the stage)?

I know I ask in every Injustice thread but I figure someday someone will know!

Khezu

Can anyone tell me if there will be vs CPU in this (where I can pick my dude, my opponent and the stage)?

I know I ask in every Injustice thread but I figure someday someone will know!

No one will know until the game is out, or at least until it breaks street date.

MK didn't have it, so chances are not so great.

This game looks more and more appealing everyday. I'm still hoping that they get Static Shock in this game (wishful thinking).

Anyways if I had to vote i would probably want to see Superman vs Batman. I want to see a little bit more of those 2 guys combos even though we've seen them a lot.

J-Tier

I still don't understand how is it possible to have Doomdsay and the Joker in a fight. I mean when he fought Superman they both died. Unless the Joker has been holding back his super strength all these years.

Uh...Injustice is a fighting game. You can have an ordinary guy fighting a god with no problems.

Regardless, there is a story, and a comic book prequel series. Maybe keep tabs on that, then we'll all understand.

ScOULaris

This is actually a pretty genius marketing approach.

Injustice looks like it will have that trademark Netherrealm Studios stiffness, but I still think it might be worth picking up eventually just to enact dream matchups.

Top Bottom