• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

shaowebb

Wild theory time.

The story-- It might have to do with Ares, the god of war. All of the events going on have been orchestrated by him somehow influencing everyone into fighting each other. In his little "game", he had granted everyone immortality (somehow) and now people are acting unlike themselves, choosing a side and engaging in an all out war.

Read the comic. It gives the backstory and everyone is entirely in character so far for all the trauma they went through.

Spoiler below is the comic summary.
Lois gets pregnant. Joker uses scarecrow's fear toxin on Superman after he kills Jimmy Olson and kidnaps Lois to get him to hallucinate. He rigs a remote detonator to Lois' heart...if it stops a nuke stolen from a sub goes off. Superman hallucinates that Lois is Doomsday about and takes her up into space to stop what he thinks is Doomsday from endangering her on Joker's operating table. Superman hears both Lois' and her unborn child's heart stop and he realizes he killed both her and the baby with his own hands. Then the nuke goes off and takes out Metropolis.
Superman has had enough and goes over the edge on the world's villain and things cascade from there. Legitimately the most evil thing The Joker has done in a Loooooong while.
Oh ya, I was going to make a gif thread on TYM awhile ago but forgot.
I'll probably do it tomorrow if there is some good footage from those arena fights.
Though a bunch of the ones I made where made with Firefox in mind and look really speed up on Chrome.
icp9H2XerOWyX.gif

Like this one.

Lol. Already made the thread for you to dump your stuff onto. Links or images is up to you.

J-Tier

Read the comic. It gives the backstory and everyone is entirely in character so far for all the trauma they went through.

Lol, I know. I own the comics, camped on it and DL'd them the moment they went live, I was even the one to spoiler the first three comics in the other thread. My guess is that the events that happened, will be explained in the game. Not all the aces will be given away in a prequel. Thus, the wild speculation.

But my speculation does explain why Superman would choose the path he did, why everyone's fighting everyone, and why certain characters just don't die...

shaowebb

Lol, I know. I own the comics, camped on it and DL'd them the moment they went live, I was even the one to spoiler the first three comics in the other thread. My guess is that the events that happened, will be explained in the game. Not all the aces will be given away in a prequel. Thus, the wild speculation.

But my speculation does explain why Superman would choose the path he did, why everyone's fighting everyone, and why certain characters just don't die...

I'd like it if Batman made a deal with the Gods to bless his army so that they could have a chance against Superman's crew. I could honestly see a few of them being all for this as Wonder Woman is obviously on Superman's side of this. An army of championed superheroes and villains trained and organized by Batman to face off against the overwhelming power united by Superman to suppress the world into order? HELL YES!

J-Tier

I'd like it if Batman made a deal with the Gods to bless his army so that they could have a chance against Superman's crew. I could honestly see a few of them being all for this as Wonder Woman is obviously on Superman's side of this. An army of championed superheroes and villains trained and organized by Batman to face off against the overwhelming power united by Superman to suppress the world into order? HELL YES!

=D I agree. Though the idea is probably too wild, it's still pretty damn awesome.

shaowebb

Is there any place I can go to see all the revealed alternate costumes ?

Not organized altogether but I suggest watching the latest trailer on Injustice.com.
It has Green Lantern in a Yellow Lantern outfit, Nightwing with long hair, Deathstroke without his helmet in a different outfit, Luthor in Black, a more Classic Batman for a split second and maybe a few more...I can't remember.

Also Gamestop has the Red Son soviet outfit for viewing for Superman, Wonder Woman, and Grundy and the Battle Edition stick has a picture of the NEW 52 outfits it comes with for Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman. Those are all small though and not fullbody.

The Walmart Arkham Asylum costumes for Joker, Catwoman, and Batman haven't been revealed yet and as you likely saw the Arrow tv show alt for Green Arrow given away by the Voting at Injustice for the battle Arena is up and about alongside of the Bane alt in his prison clothes that was posted earlier here on Gaf.

Those are all I know of so far.

EDIT:

OKAY! Here are all the alts in order that I know of.

Bane
pCfuDrm.jpg

Green Arrow
JjWYzfz.jpg

Gamestop exclusive Red Son DLC for Superman, Wonder Woman, and Solomon Grundy
3oLHNnK.png

Gamestop exclusive Battle Edition NEW 52 for Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman
FVNmBEC.jpg

The Joker. Revealed from the toy line.
QllDG5K.jpg

Wonder Woman and Grundy (Revealed from the toy line. More of the WW alt from screens below...)
0hu6BVW.jpg

The Following all came from the teaser trailer that many didn't notice was actually an alt outfit teaser in addition to a story teaser.
Here are the outfits in order spotted.

Superman and Wonder Woman
DiyfAgj.jpg

The Flash (possibly not an alt and just a better angle of his main)
lAr5ygA.jpg

Lex Luthor and Harley Quinn
ShXEMOY.jpg

hUz4Ha8.jpg

qQh83UB.jpg

Batman (normal outfit has metal plating. This looks to be his classic cowl)
0N4TJPf.jpg

Green Lantern (Sinestro Corp)
bwlCrZM.jpg

GlSxqSF.jpg

Nightwing (long haired Bloodwing alt)
Crv6DEO.jpg

jPFhuKp.jpg

Deathstroke
Fnm06DQ.jpg

KoSAVmf.jpg

Tansut

Is anybody else having trouble with the Avatar/Theme part of the site?

I click on the like button and then it immediately skips over the option to choose a console and goes back to telling me to like the Facebook page to unlock the reward.

Khezu

They should use the Deathstroke from the alternate earth in the Superman/Batman Annual.

You all know the one.

Would post a picture of it, but I'm not sure the rules about comic scans, even from super old comic books.

TDLink

You guys ready to gulp a gigantic grain of salt? It has been claimed that the full roster was at some point in the official website's code and someone saw it and it has been leaked but I don't buy it. Here it is:

• animal man
  • ares
  • atrocitus
  • aquaman
  • bane
  • batman
  • batwing
  • black adam
  • blue bettle
  • booster gold
  • captain cold
  • catwoman
  • cyborg
  • darkseid
  • doctor fate
  • doomsday
  • green arrow
  • green lantern
  • harley quinn
  • hawk girl
  • lex luthor
  • lobo
  • manchester black
  • martian man hunter
  • nightwing
  • power girl
  • raven
  • shazam
  • sinestro
  • solomon grundy
  • star fire
  • super man
  • swamp thing
  • the flash
  • the joker
  • the penguin
  • wonder woman

I'd also note that Deathstroke isn't on there. A simple mistake? Maybe.

Frankly, it seems like way too much wish fulfillment to me. I also highly doubt the roster will be that large. That roster would put the number at 38 (including Deathstroke), which is about 10 more than I reasonably expect (and at maximum 14 more than what we know will be on the base roster). Sure it has all the confirmed characters and the characters that have been essentially confirmed via magazines to lend it credibility but some of these choices feel like dead giveaways of falseness (The Penguin for example).

I'm not convinced by this list but felt it was worth posting anyways in case it does end up being legitimate.

You can look through the original source here: http://pastebin.com/MgcEQtAE

You know, I could see most of those characters being in the game. With a few that are not so likely. Especially since DLC characters are happening.

Pretty sure the roster is fake. It has Lobo, who was mentioned as possible DLC, and unless I'm mistaken, Martian Manhunter was, too. And we've seen The Penguin as a background character. Be it stage hazard or story mode only, they wouldn't have him in his Arkham costume if he were playable. I guess they included him because Boon had a Penguin folder, but we don't know if it was for a full playable character or just for a minor one.

Also, while I'm 100% confident Darkseid will appear, I doubt he's playable, he'll most likely be the Final Boss (he was Shao Kahn's rival in MKvsDC, after all).

That said, I'd love that roster, I think. I didn't expect Zatanna so it wouldn't be a disappointment. I already gots Power Girl, Doomsday and Harley.

And speaking of that, while I think it's cool to have an alternate where you see her hair, damnit I'll throw bucks at the screen when they say how can I get the classic one,

TDLink

Pretty sure the roster is fake. It has Lobo, who was mentioned as possible DLC, and unless I'm mistaken, Martian Manhunter was, too. And we've seen The Penguin as a background character. Be it stage hazard or story mode only, they wouldn't have him in his Arkham costume if he were playable. I guess they included him because Boon had a Penguin folder, but we don't know if it was for a full playable character or just for a minor one.

Also, while I'm 100% confident Darkseid will appear, I doubt he's playable, he'll most likely be the Final Boss (he was Shao Kahn's rival in MKvsDC, after all).

That said, I'd love that roster, I think. I didn't expect Zatanna so it wouldn't be a disappointment. I already gots Power Girl, Doomsday and Harley.

And speaking of that, while I think it's cool to have an alternate where you see her hair, damnit I'll throw bucks at the screen when they say how can I get the classic one,

You are, at least, mistaken about Martian Manhunter. He has been heavily rumoured to be in the base game for a while now and there has been no development to suggest he would be DLC instead. I still think no matter what he is going to end up in the game you buy on April 16th.

It's also possible this "leaked" roster, if true, would include planned DLC characters (because let's be honest, they -would- already be planning them at this point) in which case it becomes a bit more believable.

I still highly doubt it's real though, and my doubt grows even greater if it is supposed to be the base game roster.

You are, at least, mistaken about Martian Manhunter. He has been heavily rumoured to be in the base game for a while now and there has been no development to suggest he would be DLC instead. I still think no matter what he is going to end up in the game you buy on April 16th.

It's also possible this "leaked" roster, if true, would include planned DLC characters (because let's be honest, they -would- already be planning them at this point) in which case it becomes a bit more believable.

I still highly doubt it's real though, and my doubt grows even greater if it is supposed to be the base game roster.
True. And MM in the base game? Awesome. You can basically have him do a different superpower for every button combination, which would be great.

I'm still fairly sure it's fake, but I'll be cool with it if it's real. Win/win

Kizer

I think visually, nether realm studios does in amazing job making their attacks look absolutely painful.

There is a lot of hype for this game and there is a lot of hype for this IP so I am 100% confident this game sells very well based on those two things alone.

If I end up using Nightwing, I am easily using the bloodwing alt (Long hair, don't care).

I feel like the only person in the world who did not like the Teen Titans cartoon and would rather have that put behind them. As in, never deal with it again. Young Justice is the shit though, so YJ deathstroke would be great.

TDLink

The Arkham stage transition is the best one so far. Watchtower's isn't bad either though. Glad to see they are getting more creative with them than just "punch dude through wall and have him fly really far".

I agree that Bane looks really boring and bland. Least exciting character in this game imo. Wonder Woman, Batman, and Harley all look like a ton of fun though. Wonder Woman's flight mode/rush attack thing seems new to me (was it in previous gameplay videos?) and makes me interested in playing her.

Also seems that we can count on seeing a new stage, its transition and stage hazards, and both characters' super each week with these videos, which is pretty good.

Looking forward to Shazam next week.

Kizer

I want to experiment with Bane. I get that he was set up to lose and whatever, but I feel like he wasn't totally understood by the person playing him.

TDLink

I want to experiment with Bane. I get that he was set up to lose and whatever, but I feel like he wasn't totally understood by the person playing him.

Bane's charge seems incredibly unsafe. First thing that happens is Batman grabs him out of it. He also doesn't seem to have ranged options other than stage interactions and his jump/aerial approach also seems very weak. I think he's going to have problems getting in on people, but maybe you're right and the guy playing him just didn't know what he was doing.

Harley was set up to lose also but she still came away looking very fun, fluid, and pretty good. Really she should have won but at the end it was like they told the player "ok, now don't combo after this super and let Wonder Woman throw you so she can win".

Arkham stage is cool
-Bane looks ok, but not my style
-32 characters.

Where are you getting that?

Batman having a divekick, and glide mode. Bane wasn't too great, but I feel there is way more to him. Wonder Woman looked pretty damn good, curious to see pro play, especially with the flight mode. Now we know a little more on how Harley plays, which I think will be great.

Definitely loved that Arkham Asylum stage, it was just awesome. And i'm going to have laughs hitting a pig against someone. XP

Khezu

Didn't get to see much of bane, glad he has a command run though.
But they seriously need to stop with the camera nonsense, fighting games really should not be viewed at those angles.

Divekicks are the bane of everything.
i8IMDPoBjozlf.gif

Gleethor

Didn't get to see much of bane, glad he has a command run though.
But they seriously need to stop with the camera nonsense, fighting games really should not be viewed at those angles.

Divekicks are the bane of everything.
i8IMDPoBjozlf.gif

I'm almost positive that the camera angles are just for the videos and not actually in the game.

SykoTech

Arkham stage looks great, though its a bit weird to see Croc just chillin' with the other villains like that.

Not a bad campaign so far. Certainly better than what we were getting before.

Kizer

Arkham stage looks great, though its a bit weird to see Croc just chillin' with the other villains like that.

Not a bad campaign so far. Certainly better than what we were getting before.

I hope they are relevant to the story somehow. Explaining what their deal is.

Alfredo

The only things I really hate about the look of the game so far is the cloth physics (they were bad in MK9, too) and Batman's stance. Looks like he's doing a half-assed Scorpion stance.

Esque7

Wth is up with the animation at 1:00 in the bane vs. batman vid. This game seriously needs better animations, looks terrible.

Top Bottom