• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TDLink

I wouldn't expect any guest characters. This isn't like Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur. This is not an original franchise the developers own. It's based on DC Comics characters, owned by Warner Bros. I highly doubt cameos/guest characters would happen like that.

Which I'm perfectly fine with.

All I can say is that so far there is not one single DC character in the game I am not a fan of and that I love the cast. If Grodd makes it in I will Rustle his fuckin' jimmies with arrows though. Animals aren't super villains...they're satire of super villains.

More Bat characters? Bring em on! I love Batman.
Powergirl? Hells yeah son!
Animal Man or Swamp Thing? I HOPE!
Grodd? Fetch me my bow.

Normally I agree but with Grodd I disagree. He is a really good villain and could have a really creative moveset. Not to mention he is a very important character to DC historically (as are Gorillas in general). If they are doing to have a gorilla (and since it's DC they really should), Grodd is one of the better choices, if not the best.

Animal characters don't instantly mean satire. I would have thought Rocket Raccoon would have proved this by now.

ReiGun

Since the Batgirl in question would be Barbara instead of Stephaine, I hope there is no Batgirl.

And no guest characters. I don't need Capt. Falcon or Kratos or whoever in my DC Universe game.

TDLink

Re-Posting this for the new page in case people missed it:

These are potentially all of the words:

POOR, NO-PGIRL, ATOM, TARAN, RAGE, DEATH-STROKE, I-DO, LOVER-OF-TACOS, BRAIN, GOMERPILE, WHY, GREEN, HALL-OF-JUSTICE, THROWIN-CARS, JONES, GRODD, CNET, SIX, BEST-OF-SHOW, APATHY, DUPLICATES, LOIS, SUPER, KILLED-A-CHILD, SKATE, TERRY, RED-SON, YES, WINGS, PAKO, MK-CD-JR, I-NEED-YOUR-DNA, BROOME, OMAC, RED, DIE-CLOWN, LEBARON, WIN, CRAIG, FAIL, FISHTANKS, GADGET, BUT-PUDDIN, THE-REAL-TRAP, NO(?)-SEQUEL, OF-MY-EXISTENCE, BILLY, COLD-GIRL, ROBIN, KILLED-KENT, IM-IN-A-NIGHTMARE, MXYZPTLK, WATERMAN, YONDER-WOMAN, YELLOW, HE-STOLE-HER, FATALITIES, INSURGENCY, PATROL, SNART, NO, MTARANI (anagram?), ZOD, CYBORG, POCILE (anagram?), LEX, ION, MERA, RICK, TORNADO, RAVEN, ROTH, DOOM, ARNOLD, TYLER

The key ones that may be hinting at future characters in some form (imo):

ATOM
JONES (Martian Manhunter's last name)
GRODD
TERRY (Batman Beyond's first name)
DUPLICATES (Duplicate characters? Two Robins? Shazam and Black Adam? Aquaman and Ocean Master?)
OMAC
COLD-GIRL (Killer Frost?)
ROBIN
MXYZPTLK
YONDER-WOMAN (?)
SNART (Captain Cold's last name)
ZOD
MERA
TORNADO (Of the red variety?)
ION (Kyle Rayner!)
RAVEN
ROTH (Raven's alter-ego last name)
RICK (?)
ARNOLD (?)
TYLER (?)

J-Tier

Did you tried Soul Calibur 2 with link?

I think Captin Falcon will be fabulous Character for Injustice.

Any Character from this:

http://f-zero.jp/download/wallpaper/f-zero_wp_e_1280.jpg

will be awesome.

There is any marvel famous Character in this game?

I need my sandman.

I have, but in that case, there were exclusives for all three consoles. Even then, the work and extra assets required to make those three could've been spent on three heroes/villains from the DCU to add to the base game.

Khezu

6ojcMWR.jpg

TDLink

The most interesting character the words may hint to for me is Ion. I would love to see Kyle Rayner in his super broken form in this game in addition to the Hal Jordan we already know we're getting. Especially since Kyle was easily the most interesting Lantern when it came to constructs.

Khezu

The most interesting character the words may hint to for me is Ion. I would love to see Kyle Rayner in his super broken form in this game in addition to the Hal Jordan we already know we're getting. Especially since Kyle was easily the most interesting Lantern when it came to constructs.

The game would have been 100X better if it was just all Green Lantern characters.

Probably sell like 5 copies though.

Does anyone think its a bit unrealistic to see someone like The Joker hit Lex Luthor and send him flying through buildings?

I know its a game but still.

I guess it kinda applys for DragonBall Z games when you have someone playing as oh I dont know... Krillin beating Freezer.

TDLink

The game would have been 100X better if it was just all Green Lantern characters.

I don't need all GL characters but I could use more than just Hal and Sinestro. There are so many GL characters that could work really well in a fighting game. I hadn't considered Kyle because I didn't really think they would put two GLs in and if they did he is essentially the least popular of the human/main lanterns due to getting very little exposure in the tv shows and films. He has always been one of my favs though and putting him in as "Ion" could be a way of technically getting two GLs in.

As I have said in the past I would also love to see Atrocitus and/or Larfleeze.

That would only be 5 GL characters total, still less than Batman! I would settle for 3 though...basically I hope it's more than just Hal and Sinestro.

J-Tier

Does anyone think its a bit unrealistic to see someone like The Joker hit Lex Luthor and send him flying through buildings?

I guess it kinda applys for DragonBall Z games when you have someone playing as oh I dont know... Krillin beating Freezer.

Would be no fun if they played by those "real" constraints.

NEO0MJ

I hope so, but the line about some characters being story only still freaks me out. besides, no way are most of those hints not troll attempts.

Khezu

Green Lantern is like the ultimate licensed property to make a fighting game out of.

Every character is basically a blank slate that can do anything.

I really, really don't understand this complaint and I see it being thrown around a lot. Did people say the same once Captain America was revealed in Marvel vs Capcom? What about Dormammu?

"Omg how come I lost I'm playing as Dr. Doom I should've had a backup plan to win anyways"

Or is it just another complaint that only NetherRealm gets?

Kizer

Did you tried Soul Calibur 2 with link?

I think Captin Falcon will be fabulous Character for Injustice.

Any Character from this:

http://f-zero.jp/download/wallpaper/f-zero_wp_e_1280.jpg

will be awesome.

There is any marvel famous Character in this game?

I need my sandman.
I would really rather they use their resources adding DC characters to a DC fighting game instead of putting other random characters that are not involved with DC comics into a DC fighting game.

See, I'd be hype if each one of the crayola corps had a rep. This obviously won't happen, but still.

I feel like every injustice thread has this question asked at least five times. If you wanted to play the Joker you wouldn't be having a whole lot of fun not being able to use certain mechanics in the game, now would you.

Apparently this will get answered within the contents of the game's story. Until then, no one has an answer for you other than "it's a video game"

Ryce

Ed Boon mentioned the possibility of guest character DLC in a video interview from last year, but I'd really only like to see Rorschach fill that role -- he's both a DC character and a guest.

Kizer

Ed Boon mentioned the possibility of guest character DLC in a video interview from last year, but I'd really only like to see Rorschach fill that role -- he's both a DC character and a guest.

alanmoore.png

I don't actually have a problem with that.

Kizer

It also looks like Deathstroke will be fighting Catwoman.

Already mad because you already know all the people who don't know are voting cyborg against Aquaman.

ReiGun

Already mad because you already know all the people who don't know are voting cyborg against Aquaman.

Aquaman was going to lose his first round regardless, but at least it's to Cyborg instead of someone like fucking Catwoman or Nightwing or someone else Aquaman has no business losing to. :p

TDLink

If these are the match ups I think Aquaman does actually have a chance at winning this. Obviously he should just based on who would actually win kind of things but to the public Aquaman is more well known. Even if it is sort of as a joke, most people don't even know who Cyborg is unless they are younger and saw the Teen Titans cartoon. Even then he is not really shown as super strong in that. DC may be pushing him hard at the moment (even though no one really likes him and they never seem to know what to do with him) but I definitely think Aquaman can, and will, take this.

Kizer

If these are the match ups I think Aquaman does actually have a chance at winning this. Obviously he should just based on who would actually win kind of things but to the public Aquaman is more well known. Even if it is sort of as a joke, most people don't even know who Cyborg is unless they are younger and saw the Teen Titans cartoon. Even then he is not really shown as super strong in that. DC may be pushing him hard at the moment (even though no one really likes him and they never seem to know what to do with him) but I definitely think Aquaman can, and will, take this.

Well, I hope your right. Aquaman would wreck Cyborg.

TreIII

I don't need all GL characters but I could use more than just Hal and Sinestro. There are so many GL characters that could work really well in a fighting game. I hadn't considered Kyle because I didn't really think they would put two GLs in and if they did he is essentially the least popular of the human/main lanterns due to getting very little exposure in the tv shows and films. He has always been one of my favs though and putting him in as "Ion" could be a way of technically getting two GLs in.

As I have said in the past I would also love to see Atrocitus and/or Larfleeze.

That would only be 5 GL characters total, still less than Batman! I would settle for 3 though...basically I hope it's more than just Hal and Sinestro.

The fact that "RAGE" is one of the buzz words gives me hope for Atrocitus. Unless that's a red herring harkening back to MKvsDC's mechanic...

SykoTech

The glimpse of Green Latern looks pretty nice.

The thought of DLC guests....not nice. Though a guest like Rorschach could be pretty cool. I'll pass on possible MK guests though.

TDLink

This small glimpse we got of Hal's super where he summons a bunch of other Green Lanterns looks cool. Hope it doesn't disappoint like the Shazam one did.

glwp.jpg

Khezu

That is probably his outro not his super.

Looks like Kilowag has an actual model, so he probably shows up in the story mode.

ie2a3bBPWKaB3.gif

Seems a bit too much for a super. But then again, Hal needs other Green Lanterns who can actually make good use of their power.

Meh on both Grundy and Cyborg. They're probably the most boring characters. Hyped for Hal and Aquaman.

But goddamnit I want to actually see more characters confirmed. Finally seeing Hal in motion is neat, tho.

TDLink

The video shows how little people know about Aquaman lol. Anyways, Aquaman/Green Lantern, easy.

We can only hope it actually turns out that way since we haven't seen gameplay matches with either. If they both make it to the next round it means we will get at least 2 weeks with both and 3 weeks with one.

My guess there is a Supeman fight in week 4. Superman vs Doomsday probably.

Also probably calling Superman Vs. Doomsday for next week since they showed Doomsday in the first video for this whole thing and it only makes sense.

Would be disappointed if Catwoman Vs. Deathstroke was the final one though, I'm hoping for something else. Plus we know the Teen Titans actors are next week's "Star Interview". They could talk on Deathstroke, I guess, but it would make more sense to me if it was something like Nightwing Vs. Raven. Granted, Stephen Amell had an interview in a week without Green Arrow. We will see what happens.

Alfredo

I think if Nintendo ponied up the money for an exclusive character (Captain Falcon would be incredible), it'd be fair, since it seems like the Wii U version is getting the short end of the stick here.

ReiGun

If folk are ponying money for exclusive characters, they should pony up for exclusive DC characters.

I'm buying whichever version has Black Manta.

J-Tier

If folk are ponying money for exclusive characters, they should pony up for exclusive DC characters.

I'm buying whichever version has Black Manta.

I'd get so pissed if that happens lol. Why would they have a DC character be exclusive anyways?

Gleethor

I think if Nintendo ponied up the money for an exclusive character (Captain Falcon would be incredible), it'd be fair, since it seems like the Wii U version is getting the short end of the stick here.

I mean I guess there aren't any preorder bonuses for the Wii U version but other than that it seems like it has feature parity.

Top Bottom