• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TDLink

This one?

I'm pretty sure it's Central City. I'm fully expecting a Flash Museum break-in as the stage transition.

I think you are probably right. Plus we haven't seen a Flash stage otherwise so it makes sense. The stage in question also appears to be the one in the Green Arrow/Hawkgirl promo image. I am betting they will save its "reveal" for the next Flash fight in the battle arena.

The stage I really want to see the most of right now out of the ones we know of is the Hall of Justice.

Khezu

This probably?
RiqU3Yk.jpg

Though it looks like its connected to the bioshock level.

Ryce

I completely forgot about that -- it makes more sense that the "Central City" stage is actually the Hall of Justice, since Giganta and Atom Smasher are fighting in the background.

I'm pretty sure the blurry images on Boon's site are meant to hint at unrevealed stages:

Hall of Justice
1|2|3

Gorilla City (or some other Flash stage to feature Grodd)

??? (this could be a Hall of Justice stage transition)
1|2

phaonaut

That aquaman breakdown is awesome, I want to see one for each character. Explaining some of his move set is infinitely better than watching the weekly videos.

TDLink

Grodd:

groddback.jpg

That Green Arrow alt picture also confirms that stage is the Hall of Justice. And here's one more of it:

gaalter.jpg

Ryce

Is Grodd in a new stage or part of a stage we already know about? The color scheme is reminiscent of the outdoor portion of the Hall of Justice, but the buildings look different.

TDLink

Is Grodd in a new stage or part of a stage we already know about? The color scheme is reminiscent of the outdoor portion of the Hall of Justice, but the buildings look different.

It's definitely not a stage we already know about.

Might be the outside of the Blackgate prison level?

This seems like a good possibility since we know it will be a stage.

TDLink

Are we sure it's Blackgate? Because if they're putting Grodd in there it's more likely Iron Heights.

Giant Bomb leaked that Blackgate Penitentiary is a stage in the game via its info page. We haven't seen that stage yet. This looks like it may be a prison stage so it makes sense that it could be that. That's all we know so far and how we are putting those pieces together.

Ryce

Giant Bomb leaked that Blackgate Penitentiary is a stage in the game via its info page. We haven't seen that stage yet. This looks like it may be a prison stage so it makes sense that it could be that. That's all we know so far and how we are putting those pieces together.
Giant Bomb's info page is a wiki that anybody can edit. Iron Heights makes faaaar more sense. It'd also be a good way to feature some of Flash's other enemies and elements of Keystone/Central City in the background. Not only does it make zero sense for Grodd to be at Blackgate, but two Batman prison stages would be excessive.

TDLink

Giant Bomb's info page is a wiki that anybody can edit. Iron Heights makes faaaar more sense. It'd also be a good way to feature some of Flash's other enemies and elements of Keystone/Central City in the background. Not only does it make zero sense for Grodd to be at Blackgate, but two Batman prison stages would be excessive.

Arkham Asylum is technically a mental hospital. Blackgate is a more traditional prison. Also, the amount of Batman stages in this game is already excessive, even moreso when you compare it to the amount of stages the other reps are getting.

I didn't realize that about Giant Bomb's info page so maybe you are right and this is Iron Heights instead of Blackgate. I wouldn't put it past them to make yet another Batman stage though. If anything it's more likely than not considering how much Batman-everything has been pushed in this game compared to other DC properties.

Ryce

Arkham Asylum is technically a mental hospital. Blackgate is a more traditional prison. Also, the amount of Batman stages in this game is already excessive, even moreso when you compare it to the amount of stages the other reps are getting.

I didn't realize that about Giant Bomb's info page so maybe you are right and this is Iron Heights instead of Blackgate. I wouldn't put it past them to make yet another Batman stage though. If anything it's more likely than not considering how much Batman-everything has been pimped out in this game compared to other DC properties.
Oh, I completely agree that Batman far out-represents everything else in this game (and rightfully so, all things considered), but Grodd's presence is what convinces me that the unknown stage is Iron Heights. Don't you think NetherRealm would have picked a major Batman villain to appear in the background of Blackgate instead? The Flash is the only major character in the game without his own stage yet, too. Batman has a bunch, Superman has a few, Wonder Woman has Themyscira, Green Lantern has Ferris Airbase, and Aquaman has Atlantis.

Khezu

Bane is also in the prison, and is wearing prison get up.

I don't think it really matters if its Blackgate or Iron heights or any other fake prison.
A prison is a prison and they can put any villain there.

On twitter boon mentioned something about a pig stage interaction, I hope that means we get a kent farm stage, it would make sense in the story considering what's happening.

TDLink

I don't think it really matters if its Blackgate or Iron heights or any other fake prison.

On twitter boon mentioned something about a pig stage interaction, I hope that means we get a kent farm stage, it would make sense in the story considering what's happening.

I think he's talking about the hanging pig we already saw in the Arkham Asylum stage. It's used in the Harley vs. Wonder Woman match.

Kent Farm sounds like a pretty amusing idea for a stage though. One of the last places I would think they'd pick as a place to fight. It would perfectly mirror the Batman stages though if they went with that...

Fortress of Solitude = Bat Cave
Metropolis = Gotham City
Kent Farm = Wayne Manor

While we're talking about stages, I hope GL gets another: Oa.

TDLink

Oh, I thought you meant as a background character. For story purposes Bane could very well be held at Iron Heights.

Aren't Oa and Apokolips the only stages from MKvDCU that haven't showed up in Injustice yet?

The stages in this game are very different from the ones in that game though. I suppose you're right but the story is clearly Earth-focused which makes me worry that those extraterrestrial locations will be left out. I hope they include them (and other non-story important locations) just for fun though.

Ryce

I'd love to see DLC stages since they're such a big part of the game, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

TDLink

I'd love to see DLC stages since they're such a big part of the game, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

So would I. I definitely expect characters and costumes over stages though (which if I have to choose is the way to go, but I'd still prefer both).

That being said, the game is still confirmed to have at least 18 stages, which is pretty good for a fighting game, especially when you consider that each stage is actually 2 or 3 different arenas and they have all these interactive elements.

TDLink

18? I thought it was 15. Hopefully you're right.

My mistake, you're actually right. It is at least 15 stages, not at least 18.

So far we know 13:

Arkham Asylum
Atlantis*
Batcave
Ferris Airfield*
Fortress of Solitude
Gotham City
Hall of Justice*
Insurgency (Underground Lab)
Metropolis
Themyscira*
Watchtower
Wayne Manor
??? Prison*

* = Still haven't seen a match on it

Ryce

The final two stages will probably be some combination of the following:

Apokolips (Superman)
LexCorp (Superman)
Smallville (Superman)
Oa (Green Lantern)
Fawcett City (Shazam)
Star City (Green Arrow)
Titans Tower (Teen Titans)

TDLink

According to SuperHeroHype the Best Buy pre-order bonus will be the Blackest Night costume pack + Zombie mode, just like Amazon. So if you want to go into a brick and mortar store and get that bonus it looks like Best Buy is the place.

Walmart's pre-order bonus is the Arkham pack and a copy of MK vs DC.

Gamestop's pre-order bonus is the Red Son pack with 20 extra missions based on the Red Son storyline.

Seems like Walmart is the weakest deal easily.

According to SuperHeroHype the Best Buy pre-order bonus will be the Blackest Night costume pack + Zombie mode, just like Amazon. So if you want to go into a brick and mortar store and get that bonus it looks like Best Buy is the place.

Gamestop's pre-order bonus is the Red Son pack with 20 extra missions based on the Red Son storyline.

Really?

Arkkam pack + MK vs DC seems just as good as Blackest Night + Zombie mode.

Any word on how these missions work? Will it be a red son mini story mode. Does this game have "missions" anyway like a MK9 Challenge tower?

TDLink

Really?

Arkkam pack + MK vs DC seems just as good as Blackest Night + Zombie mode.

Any word on how these missions work? Will it be a red son mini story mode. Does this game have "missions" anyway like a MK9 Challenge tower?

MK vs DC may be a full game, but it's an old game that most interested in probably already played and also no one would have any reason to play now with both MK9 and Injustice. So really you are primarily just getting the 3 skins for this game. You get 3 skins from the other 2 also, plus a full mode for the Blackest Night pack and 20 extra missions for Red Son. That is why Walmart is the weakest in my opinion.

It looks like the 20 "missions" may have their own mini-story and also feature minigames as well as traditional fighting. Since they call them "Additional" missions it also probably means that a certain number exist in the game already regardless of getting the Red Son pack.

well each heroe's city has their own prison.
Metropolis has Stryker's island
Gotham has Arkham and Blackgate
central city has Iron heights.
only Stryker's is equipped to handle metahumans and only Belle Reve prison in Louisiana (federal metahuman prison) can handle someone like Gorilla Grodd. maybe we're getting Belle Reve and maybe the SUICIDE SQUAD!(pipe dream of mine)

shaowebb

Not really how I see it. It nets you Arkham City Batman as a skin to play as. To me that skin is more valuable than zombie mode (since I care little to nothing for zombies in general), and I do not really care enough about about mini games to go for Red Sun Superman. I'll admit that Superman is awesome though and its really tempting, but I plan to play a lot more Batman than Superman so it just doesn't hold up. Especially when Superman's outfit is already good in my eyes. I dont care a thing for the Blackest Night Batman alt so its pretty much Walmart all the way for me.

Top Bottom