• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Injustice will have a day one patch, according to Arturo.

"Four mistakes, you lose the match"

Not all supers are unblockable.

Green Lantern's is not

Green Arrow's is

Superman's is not

That Catwoman alt above is fugly as sin. Jesus, what a terrible design. People complaining about Joker's face, but that Catwoman design doesn't get a word.

is Batman actually wearing Hockey Pads in that one alt?

I have to say, Killer Frost looks ace. I love what Netherealm have done with her design. Both of her outfits speak volumes. I think someone mentioned this earlier, but she does suprisingly look like the most feminine of the female characters revealed. Kudos to Netherealm. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of potential she has.

I also realise that there are likely a lot of DC fans who feel the slot has been wasted on her character, but this might be a case of DC wanting to see her receive more prominence in media outside of the comics. Or even, Killer Frost might have a bigger role in the DC universe to come, going forward, hence her inclusion here.

On another note, I've always been a casual fighter fan. I have bought most fighting games but spent little time playing competitively. I generally fight it out with my partner, brother-in-law, family, etc. Just local matches. If I wanted to actually learn how to use a character in greater depth, what should I do? I'm not familiar with many of the terms that are thrown around here, like 'zoner', for example. I see that Injustice has frame data available per move or combo via the move list. What does this mean for someone wanting to learn how to be a better player, or wanting to play competitively?

TDLink

I have to say, Killer Frost looks ace. I love what Netherealm have done with her design. Both of her outfits speak volumes. I think someone mentioned this earlier, but she does suprisingly look like the most feminine of the female characters revealed. Kudos to Netherealm. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of potential she has.

I also realise that there are likely a lot of DC fans who feel the slot has been wasted on her character, but this might be a case of DC wanting to see her receive more prominence in media outside of the comics. Or even, Killer Frost might have a bigger role in the DC universe to come, going forward, hence her inclusion here.

On another note, I've always been a casual fighter fan. I have bought most fighting games but spent little time playing competitively. I generally fight it out with my partner, brother-in-law, family, etc. Just local matches. If I wanted to actually learn how to use a character in greater depth, what should I do? I'm not familiar with many of the terms that are thrown around here, like 'zoner', for example. I see that Injustice has frame data available per move or combo via the move list. What does this mean for someone wanting to learn how to be a better player, or wanting to play competitively?

Injustice including the frame data, as you pointed out, is a huge huge help to starting down that road if you desire. A "Zoner" basically means you stay at range and primarily use projectiles or far-reaching attacks to damage the opponent and prevent them from getting near you (You are trying to keep the opponent out of "your zone"). A "Rushdown" character means you are trying to rely primarily on getting as close to the opponent as possible and focusing on damaging with melee attacks (You are trying to rush at the opponent and beat them down). Different characters have different strengths and weaknesses, usually they fall in to one of those two groups though. Some may also be more middle of the road and have both good zoning and rushdown.

Injustice including the frame data, as you pointed out, is a huge huge help to starting down that road if you desire. A "Zoner" basically means you stay at range and primarily use projectiles or far-reaching attacks to damage the opponent and prevent them from getting near you (You are trying to keep the opponent out of "your zone"). A "Rushdown" character means you are trying to rely primarily on getting as close to the opponent as possible and focusing on damaging with melee attacks (You are trying to rush at the opponent and beat them down). Different characters have different strengths and weaknesses, usually they fall in to one of those two groups though. Some may also be more middle of the road and have both good zoning and rushdown.

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of breakdown I was looking for. As for learning specific characters, is there a suggested method to follow? A general idea that applies for most fighting games that I can use in Injustice. I know of training mode, but is there more to it than just practising/memorising combos and special moves?

Tizoc

Injustice will have a day one patch, according to Arturo.

"Four mistakes, you lose the match"

Not all supers are unblockable.

Green Lantern's is not

Green Arrow's is

Superman's is not

Superman's super being blockable is kinda funny...

Gonna pass by my usual shops to tell them to let me know if they get the game later today.

They haven't announced any of them yet but Martian Manhunter is probably one of them. The other 3 are anyone's guess.
I'm calling one of them now: Lobo. At PAX East I got to talk with one of the designers and my first question was "why no Lobo?!" There was no confirmation or denial, but some coyly worded responses that led me to believe he's coming. And, also, because Lobo is my fav DC character and I very badly want him in. ;-)

Does anyone know if there will be a tag/2 vs 2 mode ala Mortal Kombat in this? It was always fun doing team ladder with a friend.

I respect Netherealm for not following trends with fighting games lately and committing to making their games as meaty as possible. The more modes, costumes, DLC and characters I get the better.

For someone who adores Soul Calibur 5 but understands its (immense) shortcomings this is so refreshing.

Characters I can't wait to use:

1) Wonder Woman
2) Batman
3) Catwoman
4) Green Lantern
5) Hawkgirl
6) Aquaman
7) The Flash
8) Superman

I'll pretty much be creating Justice League scenarios in my head while I play this, lol.

And Wonder Woman is giving me RuPaul avant-garde realness and I love it. The most accurate representation of that character I've seen in a very long time, original designs be damned.

ReiGun

Characters I'll use:

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Aquaman
  3. Superman
  4. Lex
  5. Nightwing
  6. Flash
  7. Green Arrow
  8. Ares

in that order. I'll try everyone at some point, but those are my potential mains.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Characters I'll use:

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Aquaman
  3. Superman
  4. Lex
  5. Nightwing
  6. Flash
  7. Green Arrow
  8. Ares

in that order. I'll try everyone at some point, but those are my potential mains.

You rockin a Batman avatar and no Bats on that list?

sonimdisappoint.jpg

ReiGun

Well, that was embarrassing.

to my defense, i'm on my phone and the pic was very small :/

Lol it's all good.

I'll probably put Batman on there so I can learn to defeat the horde of Batman players that will no doubt be plaguing the online community. lol

Karried

Neo Member
Fans of Injustice: Gods Among Us, please sign up to InjusticeSociety.com, a new dedicated Injustice: Gods Among Us and DC Comics website. Where you can learn everything from comics to technical Fighting Game knowledge regarding the game. Please sign up, and spread the word.

Follow the twitter, @InjustSociety

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fans of Injustice: Gods Among Us, please sign up to InjusticeSociety.com, a dedicated Injustice: Gods Among Us and DC Comics website. Where you can learn everything from comics to technical Fighting Game knowledge regarding the game. Please sign up, and spread the word.

Follow the twitter, @InjustSociety

This is great, keep it up guys.

Top 10 Supers

Edit: oh you're not one of the guys running this site, still thanks for spreading the word, never heard it before.

TDLink

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of breakdown I was looking for. As for learning specific characters, is there a suggested method to follow? A general idea that applies for most fighting games that I can use in Injustice. I know of training mode, but is there more to it than just practising/memorising combos and special moves?

No specific method, practicing is really all there is. Training mode, or at least looking at the move list of your character, is good for getting down the basics. If you're looking to ease yourself in and find training mode overwhelming you can also run through story mode or some arcade modes. Just using a specific character repeatedly will help you start to figure out how to use them better.

Does anyone know if there will be a tag/2 vs 2 mode ala Mortal Kombat in this? It was always fun doing team ladder with a friend.

They have confirmed there is no tag mode, unfortunately.

massoluk

Banned
May be I'm out of the loop or something, wasn't Raven supposed to be hot teen or young adult? When did she turned into Wicked Witch of the East?

shaowebb

Just wanted to say that as a player of Valentine in Skullgirls I am excited to find out Shazam's gimmick apparently also increases his hitstun on moves. And now the sandbox combos begin.

I want to play as a punch kick guy, or maybe as a shooty guy, I don't know. I guess I just want to play it. Flash looks kinda neat.
Flash is your go-to man, then. I got to play him at PAX East and he seemed very punch-kick-y. I couldn't quite get the feel for his specials (they seemed to be ala SNK, where they angle out via which strength attack you use), but everything else about him seemed to be rush-down melee strings.

Ryce

The article's actually from yesterday, so I would imagine not. Are you positive they said something about Wednesday, though? I haven't been able to find anything about that. I don't want to get my hopes up.

TDLink

The article's actually from yesterday, so I would imagine not. Are you positive they said something about Wednesday, though? I haven't been able to find anything about that. I don't want to get my hopes up.

I thought that I saw it but perhaps I am wrong. But seriously, I swear I saw a tweet about Wednesday. I dunno. Boon's GDC trip being cut short may have something to do with it too. I'm not getting my hopes up either. Based on past reveals, they usually happen by this point in the day...so I am guessing we aren't getting anything.

Kizer

599370_525870680798885_791860493_n.jpg

Daddies home.

Something about watching Cyborg and Aquaman fight always messes with me. Most of the fights I saw them in they would sometimes stay in a corner and blast away until the player eventually got close to them. I still remember some of the Sagat's in SF4 that would do that to me when I'm Ryu and I couldn't do a thing but just take it. I hope that they either find some way to easily defend against it or absorb it (I know Aquaman can absorb projectiles).

I just hate characters that have the ability to do this but it took me a long time to counter such things. Regardless the game still looks awesome but its a concern for me.

Anyone know if they said something about Cyborg's projectiles?

Top Bottom