• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

Kifimbo

PR:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces Injustice: Gods Among Us
New Fighting Game Franchise from the Makers of Award-Winning Mortal Kombat Franchise Revealed

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--What if our greatest heroes became our greatest threat? Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice: Gods Among Us, an all-new game in development by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, creators of the definitive fighting game franchise Mortal Kombat. The game is scheduled for release in 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii U™ system from Nintendo.

“Our team is excited to make a fighting game that is filled with fast-paced action, incredible story-telling and iconic DC Comics characters.”

Injustice: Gods Among Us debuts as a bold new fighting game franchise that introduces a deep, original story featuring a large cast of favorite DC Comics icons such as Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many others. Set in a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, players will experience heroes and villains engaging in epic battles on a massive scale.

“With Injustice: Gods Among Us, we are creating an all-new franchise with incredible battles set in the DC Comics Universe,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is the extremely talented team behind the latest Mortal Kombat hit and it is developing a game unlike any other in the fighting genre.”

“We can’t wait to reveal Injustice: Gods Among Us because it will give our fans and gamers an epic experience as they battle like gods as their favorite DC Comics villains and heroes,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “Our team is excited to make a fighting game that is filled with fast-paced action, incredible story-telling and iconic DC Comics characters.”

For more information, visit www.injustice.com.

Trailer: http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-g...e-gods-among-us-announcement-trailer-6379451/
Interview with Ed Boon: http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-g...ce-gods-among-us-interview-w-ed-boon-6379456/

7315713316_8f4f187f89_h.jpg

7315716080_b3cca98edb_h.jpg

7315718068_6cc37a3111_h.jpg

7315719958_c795ba866a_h.jpg

7315728548_6a382e12f5_h.jpg

7315726308_ae9dd0a925_h.jpg

7315724174_b70fef75b3_h.jpg

7315722044_096dce38a1_h.jpg

Skilletor

Can't wait for some footage. Hopefully they try something different from MK9 with a new fighter.

Hopefully everybody animates differently...lol.

Character designs look like Jim Lee's new 52 stuff taken even further.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Too bad its not Marvel characters. Will keep an eye on this though.

Edit: After seeing that trailer, not sure now.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
will-smith-do-not-want-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-385.gif

Instead of a new MK Shaolin Monks, they decide to do what will most likely be another T rated superhero fighting game that noone asked for.....ugh.

Jintor

Goddamnit, I can't believe ads for games have ads for other games before them. At least it was voice by Steve Blum.

Huh. Looks kinda crap. This ain't no Marvel v DC.

emb

Trailer was mostly boring... but it is the studio that made the recent MK, so I'll hold out hope. Cautiously interested. I assume it'll be playable at e3 and we'll get some impressions.

Could be alright. I'm glad they're not making another MK for this gen. MK9 is everything I need for now. But I am worried that if this doesn't sell, then Netherrealm takes a hit.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
But the trailer is incomplete...don't tell me it is due to having Wii U logo in it...

EDIT: Oh, they're working on it, it seems.

Jintor

It's like, on one hand I kind of like the idea of an awesome/crappy DC fighting game story. On the other I just want DC to throw them into MvCvDC or something.

I'm pretty sure that this is the first Wii U multiplatform game that's actually used the system's logo in promotional materials. Nintendo relaxing those restrictions, I guess.

Anyway, sounds kinda interesting, though I'm not a huge fan of the fighting genre. I have a feeling that this is that extra unannounced game GTTV is featuring tonight.

JimiNutz

Banned
Has lots of potential but didn't look so hot in the trailer...
I was hoping their next game would be MK Shaolin Monks 2 (or a game of similar style)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I don't know what you guys are talking about, but personally it looks pretty badass to me. Get over yourself with all your Teen rating talk. When has a Mature rating ever been needed for a good fighting game? Even though this is netherrealms, it is NOT Mortal Kombat.

We got a great developer and a great cast of characters. At least it's not one sided like that Marvel fighting "dark" game (edit: Marvel Nemesis) at the end of last gen. Looking froward to seeing more at E3.

not really feeling it, atleast as far as this information goes. Do we really need another new fighting game series? How about that market oversaturation :D

Riposte

Well people wanted fighting games with more cutscenes...

I don't think they will be able to spin an interesting tale with the property in the context of a fighting game.

EDIT: Don't like the costumes much.

Jintor

I have to admit it looked fucking cool when Superman punched Flash into space

I don't know how it can lack impact with that audio and ground-shaking madness, but somehow all the hits lack... well, impact.

I'm not feelin' it.

Also those char designs look stupid as hell. Although I kind of like Flash's segmented armour thing.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I have to admit it looked fucking cool when Superman punched Flash into space

Yeah that part was dope, I'll give them that.

Animations look janky but MK9 was real good so I'm optimistic. Should be a lot better than MK vs DC now that they don't have to answer to Midway anymore.

Man some of those move look really awkward. Like the Slam down move in the air. Looks like they reuse a lot of animations from MK vs DC and MK9... Which I don't like. Let's see if it's playable at e3.

ReiGun

I'm not a big MK fan, but fuck it. Give me Aquaman, Batwoman, and Saint Walker, and I'll buy it.

Wonder Woman was going to straight up murder Harley in that trailer.

While a DC fighting game sounds cool and all . . .

Fucking NetherRealm.
Yeah, but....I can make Wonder Woman beat Batman's stupid face in. That's worth at least a rent. :p

It looks cool, but once I realized this could mean no Shaolin Monks 2, I am definitely bummed. I'm hoping that they still have another game to announce. Also still want to see MK9 for iOS because I'm not sure if I want to buy/carry around a Vita.

Top Bottom