• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inktober 2017 |OT| Digital Artists Welcome

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Take Your Time

tumblr_ox7x6cuRgK1qed0geo1_540.jpg

I liked the raw scan as well :)

tumblr_ox7x6cuRgK1qed0geo2_540.jpg

Timo

legba.jpg

Legba from Crossroads is the best. I always thought he was Satan, turns out he ain't, still love him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wish I could choose and quote favourites but there are far too many. You guys are all incredible and most importantly inspiring TBH.

It's really hard to find enough time with school right now but here are my first two days' work

From twitter: [NOT MINE]

yAczcho.jpg

source: https://twitter.com/Criisalys/status/914592249148829696

Wanted to share because damn.

This legit has made me want to get some Nike AIRs.

Another year gone by!

I'll be a bit busier this time so I picked an easier topic (hopefully) this year.

I am going to be doing Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest monsters for the month.

I'm starting off with the iconic Cactaur from Final Fantasy!

KoPmipC.png

Awesome work so far everyone! Let's do all 31 drawings!

I'll shamelessly plug my instagram since I might post there first some times.

My Instagram

Your use of perspective is everything I aspire for (and don't have yet. ) :p

Take Your Time

tumblr_ox7x6cuRgK1qed0geo1_540.jpg

I liked the raw scan as well :)

tumblr_ox7x6cuRgK1qed0geo2_540.jpg

I love pieces like this one. All the detail makes it look like a living shot from a manga panel.

Do you guys usually draw a faint pencil outline or do you just pen it out straight like badasses?

I personally pen it right away, but I end up throwing away a lot of unfinished pics with mistakes in them until I manage to finish one without fucking it up too much.

Jintor

i've actually gotten into the habit of multiple roughs.

hell these days i just make a big flat grey shape just so i can get the shaping right before even worrying about the details... of the roughs

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Do you guys usually draw a faint pencil outline or do you just pen it out straight like badasses?

I do very light pencils, just to have some structure. I do go with straight inks sometimes though, just for fun. Nothing badass about it, just being dumb, haha. I'll point it out next time I do it.

LegendX48

Here's my day 2 coming in a bit late:

This paper has quite a thick tooth to it, basically watercolor paper. Anywho, I prefer the practice version of this I made in my other sketchbook rather than this one lol

Negaduck

im currently using blue pencil.

When I just use my ballpoint pen i can produce decent results but i have to be a lot more careful and take my time. Even doing slight marks on the paper with the pen to help foundation goes pretty far when i don't do an under drawing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys are crazy talented. I would definitely hire some of you guys to do art for the book in my head I will never write ;_;

Day 3
YnNnY gave me the prompt "mecha", something i had surprisingly never tried to draw before.
Code:
[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364018856773287938/364726069367930880/Day3-smaller.png[/IMG]

Been meaning to push myself to try ink, bought some pens and a small pad earlier this summer but haven't taken the time to do much. Not quite comfortable yet, but here's my first try.

Prompt was swift, and I took it literally.

Inktober #1
X5V1WGC.jpg

AdanVC

Amazing stuff, everyone! It's so nice to see lot's of people jumping into this challenge. I did this lil' Cuphead crushing a purple blob. Don't think I will manage to do one every single day but oh well. This one was done with brush, ink and copic markers. Keep up drawing, everyone!

Jhoan

I'm curious as to what some of you folks are using to make your lines/whites traditionally? I saw a Pentel Pocket brush pen, a multiliner pen, and watercolors (I looked into a pack of Copic multiliner pens but I don't want to blow 20 bucks on a pack at the moment). I might just stick to posting sketches that I do of people in public but dogs seem to pop into my mind and a self-portrait.

I'm curious as to what some of you folks are using to make your lines/whites traditionally? I saw a Pentel Pocket brush pen, a multiliner pen, and watercolors (I looked into a pack of Copic multiliner pens but I don't want to blow 20 bucks on a pack at the moment). I might just stick to posting sketches that I do of people in public but dogs seem to pop into my mind and a self-portrait.

I use a variety of stuff. Pentel brush pens are nice. I like them better than other reloadable brush pens I've used. For throwaway brush pens, I really like the Kuretake Fudegaki brush pens, both the regular and fine version. In addition to that, I use the regular micron set for smaller details which are fine. For whites, I use a regular white gel pen. Not the best probably but fine for inktober. And sharpies for nice wide areas

Top Bottom