• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside Infinite - February 2021

Mr.ODST

Includes Campaign screenshots, looks like its making progress!

hi_campaign_warthog_4k-b68408218db34ea496717d440953ba37.png

hi_campaign_sniper_4k-e327d439d8714ed481c5de4b1b7fcc81.png

hi_campaign_banshees_1920x1080-ff1cbb024549441e94c526deacc05e19.jpg

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I almost thought “Inside Infinite” was a new game. That looks like it could be fun. Something about off roading in a warthog. I always tried to do the warthog jump with the grenades, but I always failed.

Mr.ODST

Foliage in the distance looks very rough, but at least the lighting has been substantially improved
Also looks like that weird blockyness of Halo Zeta seems to be less prominent, its still there but not .. EVERYWHERE like the gameplay demo.

Lighting looks fixed, still need to do work on Foliage but its looking alot better

stickkidsam

OH SHIT is that the Halo Reach sniper rifle?? I think it is!!

This looks really promising. Still a little rough with some technical stuff like aliasing, but I'm liking the improvements and the art direction is stellar!

Time to dive into the meaty details...

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't know why there isn't radio silence until the next showing this Summer to start the hype. Showing incremental improvements will dull the overall effect on the public. When the next one drops, you want to see a night and day difference in improvements, where people say fuck that looks shit hot, not oh yeah I saw those screenshot every month for the last 6 months and they keep improving. 🤷‍♂️

Looks great though.

Great pivot from saying it didn’t look enough like the OG.

Gotta make sure to hate either way, and make broad statements about one screenshot from the starting area!

Hate? Take that shit elsewhere. I've played thousands of hours of Halo. I still consider Halo 2, 3 and Reach as some of the best games ive ever played.

I don't get excited anymore over some improved graphics. Don't like my opinion that what they've show art direction wise looks straight out of the year 2000?

ShyPinkCoypu-small.gif

Edit: One more thing, I've always thought those who wanted the game to look OG are holding the franchise back. Go play the Master Chief Collection if you've got nostalgia.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great!!! Can't wait for the gameplay re-reveal!!!

Leyasu

Banned
Looks a lot better..

Obviously, those shots were taken off of the game running on a beastly rig. This wont look like that on console

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I haven't played Halo 4 and 5 so I'm very excited but cautious. Game looks beautiful to me, but I hope the a.i. is up to par.

CamHostage

Looking much more in line with expectations from the Slipspace Engine "Game Engine Demonstration" from 2018, which is a good thing.

I always thought that was an incredibly promising and varied model for the next Halo and was really hoping we'd see that level of presentation (even if the 2018 video had plenty of of non-game cinematic "bullshot" qualities and even its share of past-gen visual techniques,) and was really startled how far off the unveiling was. I think they got off on the wrong foot, and I wish them well in putting all that behind them with a showing that lives up to expectations next time. Good progress so far in just the screens.

mansoor1980

looks the same as before , they need to show a video as the pop in and frame stutters were my main negatives about the graphics in the reveal

ZehDon

August 2020

herearefirst_3217973b.jpg

Feb 2021

hi_campaign_warthog_4k-b68408218db34ea496717d440953ba37.png

worth it
Yeah, they're much closer to that engine demo from the Infinite announcement, at least in terms of environmental presentation. I'm hoping it looks ever better in motion; foliage movement, tree and branch sway, material reactivity, etc. The lifelessness of the Infinite gameplay reveal is one of big reasons it didn't land for me; it was like looking at a staged diorama as opposed to an organic world. Nothing moved, materials all felt flat and unresponsive, Warhog lacked basic movement responses. Fingers crossed all their efforts haven't been on textures and lighting.

Umbasaborne

Banned
For sure an improvement, not quite e3 2018
But lets face it that was never gonna happen. Over all, they seem to be progressing well. Even if it was bad for xbox, its good the year long delay happened

Mr.ODST

I'm excited to see what Craig looks like now or how they have incorporated him into the game now he is an immortal meme.

EDIT: I meant it in a good way, 343i took on the Craig meme but also other halo memes and added them as cool content in the game to discover or equip!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm excited to see what Craig looks like now or how they have incorporated him into the game now he is an immortal meme.

EDIT: I meant it in a good way, 343i took on the Craig meme but also other halo memes and added them as cool content in the game to discover or equip!
Craig will look better. Either they will look better but nothing special, or they are purposely holding them to the end to really impress people.

Top Bottom