• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside Xbox Reborn as Outside Xbox [Inside Xbox Andy + Gamespots Jane Douglas]

Gowans

Looks more like Playstation blog.

It's weird MS canned this stuff, it's what they need. Playstation blog is far and a away better at informing the userbase than the MajorNelson blog or xbox.com.

Shows the audience is there for it that these guys are carrying it on outside the xbox.

They've done some great stuff already just from the first few videos already released. Not to mention - speaking from personal experience - there's good people involved with Andy, Jane and Mike. With Dan doing Explosive Alan/Homework/Project Possum and Andy involved with OX, the old Inside Xbox guys are gonna do a lot of great work post-IX.

Majine

Banned
It's weird MS canned this stuff, it's what they need. Playstation blog is far and a away better at informing the userbase than the MajorNelson blog or xbox.com.

Yeah, I don't always agree with Sonys idea of a community but PS Blog is so great I wish it was integrated with PS3 and Vita OS:es.

Microsoft doing this is a good idea.

Gowans

Just had a flick through their twitter and facebook haha:

nPBI8.jpg

wish them all the best

only weird thing - why still xbox only when Microsoft decided to drop their show (therefore no longer any exclusivity requirement)

Why is this Xbox exclusive? Are they hoping to get picked up by MS?

Because (I assume) Eurogamer approached Andy with the idea as he tweeted he was working with EG on the project before it was announced, having already Nintendo Life and the PlayStation-themed PushSquare (also part of the Nintendo Life group of sites with the main NL site and Xbox-themed Kinectaku) on its books. And I assume this idea was long in the making if it didn't pick up Kinectaku at the time with PS.

Short gist: it needed an Xbox site to fill the gap alongside Nintendo Life and PushSquare. Outside Xbox is that website.

Gowans

Yeah I expect the understand the focus of the audience these guys are valuable too. Makes sense, good timing with TeamXbox dead, whatever audience they had could go here.

Havent seen the site pushed anywhere yet tho.

Gowans

Still not sure how old ass Nelson became the voice of XBox. Reminds me of a carpet salesman. And I'm still not convinced he plays any games.
I'm sure he does but he struck lucky being a ex radio guy working in the live community area an getting there first. Definatly not the demographic of the Xbox gamer tho and you an tell he's blagging loads when convos get detailed, he doesnt get much exposure on uk xboxes. The inside Xbox guys were legit tho.

The worst 'salesmen' are the ex press guys who work on commuinty on specific platform, I think now they are in that role they try to be what we expected these guys to be like.

I'm sure he does but he struck lucky being a ex radio guy working in the live community area an getting there first. Definatly not the demographic of the Xbox gamer tho and you an tell he's blagging loads when convos get detailed, he doesnt get much exposure on uk xboxes. The inside Xbox guys were legit tho.
Looking at the guy's twitter he definitely does play games. And yeah, he's in this position because he was a radio host and got lucky (right place/right time).

They could certainly do a lot worse than Larry Hyrb, I have no problem with him.

tim.mbp

Because (I assume) Eurogamer approached Andy with the idea as he tweeted he was working with EG on the project before it was announced, having already Nintendo Life and the PlayStation-themed PushSquare (also part of the Nintendo Life group of sites with the main NL site and Xbox-themed Kinectaku) on its books. And I assume this idea was long in the making if it didn't pick up Kinectaku at the time with PS.

Short gist: it needed an Xbox site to fill the gap alongside Nintendo Life and PushSquare. Outside Xbox is that website.

There's a site called Kinectaku?

Top Bottom