• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside Xbox: X018 Edition Discussion Thread.

octiny

Banned
Trying out the free trial for gamepass, and holy shit is the microsoft store fucking awful. Can't find anything, and so much of it is only available for xbox. Downloads take all day. Can't even create control panel profiles without first starting the game because uwp doesn't grant you permission. Can't create a profile through rivatuner either. Thanks microsoft for completely going out of your way to make something as needlessly complicated as possible.

Technically there is no "real" game pass on PC. You can play "play anywhere" titles on PC which is an extension of game pass on Xbox. There's no actual PC game pass just yet. Since you just got game pass and tried using it on PC, without knowing it's not really game pass for PC, that would explain the surprise over lack of actual playable games.

Game pass is coming to PC eventually however.

https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-game-pass-pc/

Last edited:
Acquisition news isn't that exciting to be honest. If that is the highlight of the event, then its really disappointing.

I just wanted to see new game announcements to see if MS can entice me to jump back to the Xbox platform.

I remember a few years back when a company announced a Kickstarter to develop a game at their E3 stage and people said that was the highlight of the entire event.

Pallas

Gold Member
Acquisition news isn't that exciting to be honest. If that is the highlight of the event, then its really disappointing.

I just wanted to see new game announcements to see if MS can entice me to jump back to the Xbox platform.

To be blunt, if you haven’t been convinced already then you won’t be convinced for the remainder of the current gen. Everything that they are doing is more or less preparing for the next gen.

twdnewh_k

To be blunt, if you haven’t been convinced already then you won’t be convinced for the remainder of the current gen. Everything that they are doing is more or less preparing for the next gen.
Pretty much, they arent exactly investing all this money and resources on new studios, BC, and game-pass (specially the first 2), for this gen.

I imagine the eventual plan is to have the next Xbox 'console' expand on the current BC efforts and naively support all Xbox One titles. Game-pass will be a big part of their pitch. Also dont forget their massive investment into streaming. Game-pass + streaming = pretty much Netflix for gaming.

Last edited:
I don't really know what black Friday actually means. Never bothered to look it up before even. Just thought it's an American holiday like Halloween or something, but more to do with Christmas.

No it's just companies having fire sales to get into the black. people literally get killed and stomped on during black friday. it's a little silly.

The hype around X018 sure made it sound like its a big deal. Even Xbox owners express their disappointment.

[

I can find 10 videos of Youtubers being excited.

This conference was for fans and leaners ad the market and average guy on social media is excited they did their job.

hiphopcr

xbox-studios.png

WaterAstro

Just got through it. The staged audience and the whole vibe of commercializing and selling the product is off putting.

Really, nothing interested out of this thing. The most repulsive thing is the Total Biscuit quote.

Edit: lol this is also so disgraceful

EIMfeld.jpg

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just got through it. The staged audience and the whole vibe of commercializing and selling the product is off putting.

Really, nothing interested out of this thing. The most repulsive thing is the Total Biscuit quote.

Edit: lol this is also so disgraceful

EIMfeld.jpg
To be fair, they could have announced that with the next system update the XB1X would start giving free blowjobs and you'd still be bitching. You're way passed fooling anyone at this point.

WaterAstro

To be fair, they could have announced that with the next system update the XB1X would start giving free blowjobs and you'd still be bitching. You're way passed fooling anyone at this point.
lol are you defending Microsoft's self-promotion using the late Total Biscuit's quote? And that's Swery pointing out that Microsoft stuck a box art of another game and mistaken it for his.

Really, what are you defending?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
lol are you defending Microsoft's self-promotion using the late Total Biscuit's quote? And that's Swery pointing out that Microsoft stuck a box art of another game and mistaken it for his.

Really, what are you defending?
No, I'm not defending anything, I'm just pointing out that regardless of what was shown or announced, you'd be shitting on the event

But that Good Life screw up is pretty damn embarassing. Just comes off as a bit disrespectful on Microsoft's part.

WaterAstro

No, I'm not defending anything, I'm just pointing out that regardless of what was shown or announced, you'd be shitting on the event

But that Good Life screw up is pretty damn embarassing. Just comes off as a bit disrespectful on Microsoft's part.
If each new studio showed their new projects, and they look good, I wouldn't do that. I never bought into Peter Molyneux's Fable bullshit, so I'm interested to seeing if Fable will actually be done well.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I don't see how you can spin anything negative about XO18. I think it was a grand slam home run Stanley Cup World Championship!
I think it left a bit to desired, but I also wasn't expecting anything close to E3 so I can't complain too much. I'm just excited to see Inexile and Obsidian being under the same roof as the Shadowrun IP. Nothing might come from it, but I'm still hopeful.

Top Bottom