• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider leak on the current happenings inside Blizzard. Will be interesting to see if this turns out to be true.

Esteldan

Blizzard is in deep shit right now but I think this 'leak' is just some disgruntled fan compounding onto the already sorry state of things to make shit feel worse than they already are. WoW is still an incredibly popular game that still prints tons of revenue for ActiBlizz, and while PR isn't exactly on their side at the moment, I don't think their offices are on fire. Like, come on. Feeling threatened by FFXIV? It's a wonderful MMO, but it's not the WoW killer people think it is, and it most likely never will be.

It might well be fake, but there was another leak a while back that was mostly proven which mentioned that talking about FFXIV at the office was banned.

It's well and good to say WoW prints money but they need to be showing that it's generating more revenue each quarter, not less.

There won't be a major WoW patch until Jan/Feb. Endwalker comes out in November (I think) and Blizzard's earning report will be at the end of the year. What we'll see is a possible all time high for FF and an all time low for WoW with a mediocre patch on its last legs.

It makes sense to me that the team would be concerned.

Inviusx

Blizzard are smart enough to know that WoW won't be around forever, it's not like the entire company hinges on the success of it.

If you don't think they are working on a successor behind the scenes you're crazy.

Also despite the doom and gloom surrounding them at the moment D2R and D4 are going to sell lile hot cakes.

Last edited:
I choose to believe it just because I cream my pants at the thought of this shit shell of a company freaking out over one player having so much sway over their bottom line. Reap what you sow, get fucked.

Ailike

You are right that WoW has good bones and could be salvaged. The art design is infinitely better than any other MMO out there by a significant margin. The entire problem is that the current designers of the game cannot fix it. They are all data driven metrics people, not the old hippies of the golden age. Fun needs to be the first, second, and third concern. Not twitch eyeballs. Not e-sports. Fun.

The first step is to take a deep cut as to why the game was once fun, and is now considered not fun by a large amount of people. The most root cause explanation for why the game is not fun now but used to be fun is this: the OG game was designed for drunk morons. The modern game is designed for sweaty esports assholes.

Example:
Modern progression raiding: load up on every add-on, watch all videos, study like a fiend, get bitched at if you are not high enough in the meters.
OG Raiding: Get blitzed on a friday night and miss your heals because you are fucking off in the side chat channel with the other druids, but you win anyway because it is 40 people vs mechanics simple enough that even a drunk retard can understand.

What is more fun?

They need to look at every system in the game and ask themselves, "Does it make the game fun for the average person who just wants to drink some beer and play some games?" If no, then it needs scrapped.

The most obvious improvements:
1. 3rd party addons need nuked from orbit and it should have happened 10 years ago, sooooo many bad things about the game are related to allowing addons: overly complicated boss fights and needing to design 10 layers of "systems" to get around simming are the two biggest ones. Both of these are directly related to addons.
2. Eliminate any path for 3rd parties to develop offline raider IO scores. If you don't play wow and dont' know what this is, imagine the dumbest thing possible for a video game company: allowing a 3rd party to scrape the player data and develop user skill scores that players in the game use to gate who can do what. It is soooo dumb that Blizzard still allows this.
3. Eliminate sharding/phasing and go back to actual server communities. Get new tech that is not complete garbage and can allow more than 50 people on the screen at a time like you could in vanilla.
4. Need to completely stop worrying about esports and twitch viewership. It is ok if the sweatiest assholes on the earth clear the raid in the first fucking hour it drops. It literally doesn't matter to 99.9999% of the player base. Designing around these fuck faces is the dumbest shit ever. That is like designing a high school physics 1 test around the idea that Zombie Isaac Newton might show up and take it. Similar with arena and mythic+. No one but the sweatiest of the sweaty wow players gives a flying fuck about watching this shit on twitch. It will never get you more players, just drive players away in the long run.
Dude, you just summed up the entirety of my feelings in one post. This is it, guys.

ZywyPL

Banned
Damn, I remember the times when Blizz waere THE gods of the gaming industry, when "when it's done" wasn't funny at all because you knew damn well there's a masterpiece in the making, and look how low they've fallen.... They are still able to make games that attract many people, make no mistakes, like the upcoming D2R and D4 that will be played by millions of people across the globe, but it's not the same company anymore, their games don;t have that charm anymore, they're basically living on the nostalgia and legacy of their old IPs.

niilokin

WoW story feels like fan fiction now, the writing is nearing the "I'm here to kill chaos"-levels. I have hopes for Diablo 4 but WoW needs to get back to proper Warcraft. Maybe get back to basics, challenging and rewarding (ADVENTURE) gameplay... every expansion feels like you are just doing the mandatory leveling til you are put in a currency grinding rat race and a new update introduces just another fucking currency.

39bF0Gt.png

WoW story feels like fan fiction now, the writing is nearing the "I'm here to kill chaos"-levels. I have hopes for Diablo 4 but WoW needs to get back to proper Warcraft. Maybe get back to basics, challenging and rewarding (ADVENTURE) gameplay... every expansion feels like you are just doing the mandatory leveling til you are put in a currency grinding rat race and a new update introduces just another fucking currency.

At this point I have no hope for Diablo IV.

For multiplayer looters i play POE.
For single player I play Last Epoch.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Blizzard died over 10 years ago. We all knew what was going to happen when Activision with devilman Bobby Kotick bought them. And it turned out to be even worse.

- Shadowlands being a shitshow ( newest wow expansion )
- Sylvanas story going the wrong direction
- FF14 starting to become a real pain the ass for them and its not ignorable anymore.
- Tactics on releasing expansions
- Mood in the company being complete shit, people not liking eachother, devs going wild against playerbase
- Devs avoiding blizzard it has no longer the reach of being of the best devs in the industry but more "the bad guy". which results in poor talent streaming in which drag development down.
- Devs being placed in positions they are not comfortable in or good in, because talent jumps ship and they gotta fill those positions.
- Brain drain in the company, and lack of experience all around because of jumpers.
- 2021 is so far a really bad year for PR for WoW, media / playerbase / anything evolving the game has been turned in negative news.
- From "this is how blizzard is able to fix this and that" towards "wow is no longer salvagable" is a serious issue with the mindset devs but also players and media in general + influencers are having
- Forums are riddled with "why still pay a sub and final fantasy 14 talk" is a good indication wow is in trouble.
- Problems with voice actors
- Interviews seem to be provided with approved questions from blizzard which palyers note and basically damages the company indirect on top of it ( its all negative )
- FF14 is something blizzard tries to avoid any talk or any hints from because they feel like they are far above the game even while playerbase is tanking hard. Arrogance.
- Activision is breathing down there neck and people are jumping ship because they feel the cuts coming next year if shadowland isn't going to pick up and the next expansion isn't going to do some record numbers. ( nobody on the dev side evne has faith in that )
- Blizzard moved into panic mode after there disasterious "don't u have a mobile conference".
- Forbidding devs to talk to consumers on twitter because it has been a shit show entirely.
- Asmongold seems to have a big impact on the company and it pisses devs but also blizzard itself off that one person that plays there game can have such huge amounts of impact on there product lineup, Dev groups consider asmongold "toxic masculinity and dog whistles to dangerous", while other groups of devs consider him, "saying like it is and and based"
- Probably moving more into mobile space in order to see if they can dig up that market which was already known.
You don't need to be an insider to notice these things to be honest.

SJRB

Gold Member
Pointing out a single individual as the harbinger of doom is so pedantic.

Do better, Blizzard. You haven't innovated in, what.. 12 years? You used to be gods, but now you're beneath most.

At this point WoW is like 4 generations behind. But to be fair with record-sales there's little reason to innovate in the short run, and long run be damned [as Blizzard has clearly shown].

It doesn’t take an insider to tell us that Blizzard is falling hard and fast. It’s not the same studio that made all-time classics in the ‘90s and early ‘00s. Hell, it’s not even the same studio that made hits like Hearthstone and Overwatch just a handful of years ago.

Blizzard was my favorite developer for years but I’ve made my peace with what they are now, and it’s best for everyone hoping for something else to do the same as well.

CuNi

True or not clearly the company is floundering a bit.

They used to be THE PC developer and now they are just another developer capitalizing on past successes.

I would argue that Valve was "THE PC developer" back when they still made games. Let's hope they take back the crown now that they are ramping up Game-Development once more.

But Blizz really was and still is on a downhill ride. WoW is but a shadow of itself by now. I had made so many friend along the way playing wow but now barely anyone still plays it.
There are a few people left because they like the grind etc. which WoW has sadly turned into most of the time so they enjoy it. Many of my friends (we might be a minority in this regard, I dunno) and me, we played for the story.
It never was a 10/10 Story, but it sure wasn't this shitshow that it is now either.

Their other games also face the same issue. StarCraft 2 being a outliner as it still is a very good RTS, but their other games all slowly fell apart as GaaS.
OW, even under Kaplan (something people hate to admit), took some weird turns. They introduced PvE activities to great popularity but never really doubled down on them.
Instead they kept adding hero after hero, diluting the balance more and more until they reached a point where even they themselves didn't know what they actually wanted hero's to be.
For me, the final nail in the coffin with OV was when they started to redo Symmetra in a way that showed they had no clue what they even tried to achieve with her. First her ult was given a shield gen to also place, besides the teleporter, then there were so many weird tweaks and tests with her turrets, her weapon was reworked because it was "OP" (which was then, funnily given to Moira instead) and it ended up with a ult that looks like a Intern designed it. "Yeah, just put a huge wall across the whole map, fuck it".

WC3:Reforged is a sad statement in itself.
HotS was left to die too, which I find sad as it had a fresh new idea for MOBA games with its Map-Features etc.
I can't rate Hearthstone as I have a less than minimal experience with TCGs so someone else has to judge how Blizz is doing at that front.

Diablo Immortal was a slap to everyone's face with the all famous mobile-statement. Even if it turns out good and brings in money, you start to cater to a different client base, so you will still have your pc players be disgruntled.
D4 and OW2 now have the pressure to somehow show that blizz can redeem itself. I am quit curious if they manage to release good games again after what feels like ages of stagnation or if, for one reason or the another, end up including some gameplay/monetization decision that will just kill off those games too.

Zathalus

The major problem with WoW is that each expansion invalidates all the work and effort that went into prior expansions. Previous expansions are basically only used for transmog, mounts, and achievements. Just to give some examples:

1. Every single legendary is made useless the next expansion, maybe have a quest each expansion so that these items can come with you as you further progress? Nope, Blizzard straight up removes legendaries that had entire quests, story, and lore around them.
2. The farm in Mist of Pandaria? Useless next expansion.
3. The Garrison in WoD? Useless next expansion.
4. The artifact system in Legion? Useless and removed next expansion. Challenging single-player content removed as well.
5. The artifact system in BFA? Useless next expansion.
6. The various dungeons and raids for an expansion? Useless next expansion.

It is so bizarre that Blizzard spends so much time in implementing and crafting these systems each expansion, and then promptly dumps them come the next expansion. Imagine if all the content from all the previous expansions was still relevant at endgame, and they actually planned further ahead then what is the draw for this expansion. Plenty of other MMOs manage this.

Lets not get started on how they keep changing how each class plays each expansion, sometimes they perfect it, other times they totally miss the mark. Finally got a class and spec that you love playing? Better hope Blizzard doesn't destroy or totally alter it next patch!

Tg89

Blizzard has made like 3 of my top 10 games of all time. Diablo II:LoD is peak gaming imo and Vanilla WoW/TBC aren't far behind. Brood War is the goat RTS and stands side by side with Counter Strike 1.6 as the greatest competitive video game ever.

But yeah, they suck now. I'll continue playing BC Classic, play the hell out of D2R for years to come, but I doubt I'll do much beyond that.

Azzurri

WoW since Legion is way too much Min/Max , Borrowed Powers and systems upon systems that are meant to keep you logging in everyday to do dailies and whatnot.

Their whole play loop right now for WoW is based on how long they can keep you logged in and/or subbed. That is not fun, when what you are doing are boring as mundane weekly and dalies just to stay relevant to be able to Raid or PvP.

Last edited:

Tg89

WoW since Legion is way too much Min/Max , Borrowed Powers and systems upon systems that are meant to keep you logging in everyday to do dailies and whatnot.

Their whole play loop right now for WoW is based on how long they can keep you logged in and/or subbed. That is not fun, when what you are doing are boring as mundane weekly and dalies just to stay relevant to be able to Raid or PvP.
Yep, way too many maintenance type mechanics.

It's been going down that path since late Wrath unfortunately, but at least Cata/MoP had some redeeming quality. I've basically checked out since then.

It's pretty shocking going back to Classic/BC. BC has been out like 6 weeks and although the first few weeks were a big time commitment, I'm firmly at the point where I could just log on for raids if I so chose. Of course there's plenty of stuff I could do other than raids, but absolutely none of it feels like shit I have to do. If I log in outside of raids it's because I WANT to do something like run a heroic with some guildies, work on an alt/professions, etc. It's just a much better balance and infinitely more respectful of your time, and they still get my same $15 at the end of the month...win win.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
I don't play either of them but for over a month I've been hearing about the mass exodus from WOW.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I still don’t understand how they never developed a WOW2? It seems like what is needed. But now it seems too late.

Pretty sure everything in the OP was more or less known however they still make a lot of money and the 3 diablo games will pretty much secure that. Overwatch 2 probably wont, I actually see that failing miserably. WoW classic is fine tho and if it stops at wotlk and they make it free with mtx I can see it surviving and bringing all those private servers scrubs in full load.

Tg89

Pretty sure everything in the OP was more or less known however they still make a lot of money and the 3 diablo games will pretty much secure that. Overwatch 2 probably wont, I actually see that failing miserably. WoW classic is fine tho and if it stops at wotlk and they make it free with mtx I can see it surviving and bringing all those private servers scrubs in full load.

I think mtx for WoW classic would be a mistake. They're better off doing some sort of "classic+" with minimal but smart changes, have the servers cycle over every 15 months or so, there's enough people interested in continuing playing that they'll get some decent subs. Especially if they made changes like removing world buffs, making a few specs a bit more viable, etc. The problem with a true classic+ is that the company has no talent left and the people in charge of making decisions will make the wrong ones.

SJRB

Gold Member
I still don’t understand how they never developed a WOW2? It seems like what is needed. But now it seems too late.

My guess is because even Blizzard understands that WoW was a perfect storm that nobody will ever be able to recreate, not even Blizzard.

Ellery

It would be a gigantic "war" between old elitists that have accumulated hundreds of ingame collectible stuff like mounts, achievements, pets, toys, transmog stuff etc. and people that want to start fresh.

Also money. A new MMO that is worthy would take 8-10 years and you would mostly compete with yourself (old WoW).

They will bring a new MMO game, doesn't need to be in the Warcraft universe, once they it isn't worth it for them to keep running the servers. Which could be in 6 years or 10 years or even 30 years from now. Hard to say

Pagusas

Elden Member
My guess is because even Blizzard understands that WoW was a perfect storm that nobody will ever be able to recreate, not even Blizzard.
FF14 seems to be recreating it just fine…

I think their is a big appetite out there of people who want to start an MMO fresh from the beginning. Could you imagine how good a marketing campaign could be advertising to users”your chance to be their from the beginning”. Lots of people wished they had jumped on WOW in the early days and feel they missed out.

If the OG blizzard team still existed they'd make a modern/sci-fi mmo in the overwatch universe and seeing how the sfm/rule 34 stuff for overwatch is still popular, you can imagine how many thirsty af gamers would gladly play it, ofc assuming it would also be good. Sadly, these days is less work more income and try to cash in on idiots.

SJRB

Gold Member

I think their is a big appetite out there of people who want to start an MMO fresh from the beginning. Could you imagine how good a marketing campaign could be advertising to users”your chance to be their from the beginning”. Lots of people wished they had jumped on WOW in the early days and feel they missed out.

What I meant was that WoW was a cultural phenomenon, it was everywhere.

FF14 is the flavor of the month and that's cool of course, but I'm pretty sure it's doing nowhere near peak WoW numbers.

It's probably the same reason Valve isn't doing Half-Life 3 - there is no way they can live up to expectations.

Tg89

FF14 took a while to get to that point though, and honestly it’s a very different game than WoW. On top of that, while it’s having great and well deserved success, it’s still no where near what peak WoW was doing which is what I’d imagine blizzards board/shareholders/activision would expect.

I think the other issue with WoW 2 comes from a story/setting perspective. They were able to leverage existing Warcraft material...characters, locations, etc. To make an incredible world for Vanilla. Would they be able to just rehash those ideas again? One of the biggest issues with WoW in the later xpacs has been a pretty terrible story and uninteresting zones/worlds. Not having source material to go off of would be a big problem.

the developers that made WoW what it was aren’t there anymore, the culture at blizzard is wildly different and the talent subpar in comparison.

Last edited:

truth777

Banned
Just label the next expansion “The Burning Porn Crusade” or something of that nature. Code in the ability for orcs to strip and allow p2p hook-ups throughout the world.
The chimps will be tripping over each other to resubscribe.

Thabass

FF14 took a while to get to that point though, and honestly it’s a very different game than WoW. On top of that, while it’s having great and well deserved success, it’s still no where near what peak WoW was doing which is what I’d imagine blizzards board/shareholders/activision would expect.

I think the other issue with WoW 2 comes from a story/setting perspective. They were able to leverage existing Warcraft material...characters, locations, etc. To make an incredible world for Vanilla. Would they be able to just rehash those ideas again? One of the biggest issues with WoW in the later xpacs has been a pretty terrible story and uninteresting zones/worlds. Not having source material to go off of would be a big problem.

the developers that made WoW what it was aren’t there anymore, the culture at blizzard is wildly different and the talent subpar in comparison.
It almost feels like Warcraft as a whole has come to a point where it needs a break or a way for it to go on the back burner. It needs to go away for a while.

Or it needs something brand new to shake it up.

oagboghi2

Asmongold seems to have a big impact on the company and it pisses devs but also blizzard itself off that one person that plays there game can have such huge amounts of impact on there product lineup, Dev groups consider asmongold "toxic masculinity and dog whistles to dangerous", while other groups of devs consider him, "saying like it is and and based"
It’s fake. Way to much of that leak involves stuff that has just recently happened.

Asmongold has an impact on the “company”? Please? Next thing you’ll tell me Angry Joe has Nintendo panicking 🙄

McCheese

Move to consoles, make a console version of the game and even a mobile version.

I know someone who translated a bunch of WoW stuff for consoles, but this was months ago, before the last expansion launched.

But it goes to show they've at least sunk some money into it before, so it's on the cards.

She translate a lot of stuff for Activision so is pretty legit.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Yeah, thanks "players" crying for shitty fan service + FF14 is okay but not so "omfg amazing, best MMO ever"

Of course... This shit ruined developpement of Heroes of the Storm & Warcraft III Reforged. And blizzard into on panic to satisfy "players" and take all devs of this game (HOTS/W3) to make quickly D4... thanks to "players" again...
And the funny part... Diablo Immortal is not again released... This game can make a good profit to blizzard... but people prefer crying instead waiting...

Just see Overwatch when you talk too much to satisfy retard Genji/Tracer Player... (Brigit is legit, sorry kid)

It hurt me... but people deserv this to ruined Blizzard itself...
Have you played FFXIV?

oagboghi2

Yeah, thanks "players" crying for shitty fan service + FF14 is okay but not so "omfg amazing, best MMO ever"

Of course... This shit ruined developpement of Heroes of the Storm & Warcraft III Reforged. And blizzard into on panic to satisfy "players" and take all devs of this game (HOTS/W3) to make quickly D4... thanks to "players" again...
And the funny part... Diablo Immortal is not again released... This game can make a good profit to blizzard... but people prefer crying instead waiting...

Just see Overwatch when you talk too much to satisfy retard Genji/Tracer Player... (Brigit is legit, sorry kid)

It hurt me... but people deserv this to ruined Blizzard itself...
damn those "players". How dare they not just accept any trash Blizzard throws out :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Blizzard took the wrong approach to building their business.

They have been milking the WoW cash cow for like 20 years now or something stupid like that.

Instead of leveraging all that WoW money to invest in avant garde large risky AAA ventures, they decided to build teams to resuscitate old IP (Diablo) and create new IP (Overwatch) but forced everything into the box of mammoth, live service experiences.

Short term this is great when they’re all novel experiences but eventually everything because stale and soulless, both to players as well as the dev talent, who get bored of working on the same game for a decade and so decide to move on to work on something, fresh, fun and new.

Thus as a business their IP, talent and player base can do nothing but slowly rot.

If they’re not ramping teams down on these projects and investing in major new IP for the next generation they will be fucked in another 5 years I suspect.

Hard to say if this is leak or just a bunch of educated guesses - but the part about problems retaining talent and finding new peope seems very belivable for all we know about their financial practices.

squarealex

Have you played FFXIV?
I enough playing FFXIV to see ARR it's bad game, PvE is pretty (like really) bad, all RPG aspect is inexistant and game (and people) is more focusing for the design clothes and other thing... Many players played this like a RP game (and god I hate this shit)...

All Raid universe based on other Square Enix titles don't create a own universe for FF14. Juste a weaboo shit.

oagboghi2

I enough playing FFXIV to see ARR it's bad game, PvE is pretty (like really) bad, all RPG aspect is inexistant and game (and people) is more focusing for the design clothes and other thing... Many players played this like a RP game (and god I hate this shit)...

All Raid universe based on other Square Enix titles don't create a own universe for FF14. Juste a weaboo shit.
You should have said "weeabo shit" at the start so everyone will know not to bother with the rest of your drivel.

I feel dumber after reading your post.

iHaunter

So no, you have not played it. Just wanted to check.

squarealex

So no, you have not played it. Just wanted to check.
eeeh guys, you need to played 1500 hours for appreciate FFXIV.

Is always the same shit why FF14 players... Once you're not loving thier game... even if you suffer 150 hours to reach Heavensward... you've have not playing the game...

Sure...

Last edited:

Thabass

Maybe if you write the English language well enough, I'd would have taken your opinion more seriously. But since you write like you're in middle school and probably didn't play enough of FFXIV to give a real critique of it without resulting to "Weeabo shit", I'll just disregard this opinion. If you're going to call a game shit, give an honest to god assessment of the game using your words. Is it really that much of a hard ask?

Meicyn

Gold Member

lmao the first raid series in the binding coils is literally focused on the ffxiv lore and has no connection to other titles

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
lmao the first raid series in the binding coils is literally focused on the ffxiv lore and has no connection to other titles
They are going to hate the new raid in Endwalker that focuses on The Twelve which are also unique to XIV.

squarealex

Maybe if you write the English language well enough, I'd would have taken your opinion more seriously. But since you write like you're in middle school and probably didn't play enough of FFXIV to give a real critique of it without resulting to "Weeabo shit", I'll just disregard this opinion. If you're going to call a game shit, give an honest to god assessment of the game using your words. Is it really that much of a hard ask?

What more can I say?
I've done enough solo quests, dungeons, or group matches against bosses to think the game is really average.

I played with friends and sometimes alone for xp. In solo, I don't really have communication with the other players. I have never seen so many people who are not very open in communication channels / MP.. even for sell something.. they no one.
The ending of ARR before Heavensward is okay... but man... so many hours for this is a nightmare...

The final bosses of ARR is incredibly bad ... 8vs1? It's really bad to play and ruined my playthrough. Litteraly I just sit and watch other kill the boss... 0 damage. F.U.N

The tank or dps gameplay is basically summed up as a hit combo. 1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3. It's just super boring.

There isn't even an element system in the gameplay or stuff. You do fire attacks with Ninja because AOE, but lightning because not AOE. No interaction whether the enemies absorb fire or not. Just damage.

The RPG aspect is really bad. There is no build customization or whatever. You choose a role and later you just have two role direction which is not the same, but in fact it is ... Because RAID / Dungeon just requires 3 class ... Tank, DPS, Healer.

The begining of the game is bad. Quests are mostly zero, there is no desire to do PvE alone., bc no story behind the quest and YOU have to do the scenario quests because EVERYONE is High Level. And even scenario quests is full of round trip and easy.

All races are the same and everyone starts almost in the same place. All jobs can be accessed with a single button on THE SAME Character. Yes, it's useful ... but actually no... No second character with a different job, so developer don't rework low level PvE, new zone or other thing. You just see player, you thinking is a beginer and playing with him.. but in fact.. no. At least... developper KNOW the low level PvE is garbage.. so finally... is usefuf to switch job

Can I say the first dongeon is the most boring thing I've played in a game like ever ?

All people is on Limsa Lomina, bc all npc merchand is easily accessible..... just a corridor of merchand.. (The general design of each city is bad... excepte Gridania... but hey, we have loading on this game...)

NPC merchant for example or other NPC is so annoying... not dubing.

The auction house is full of NOTHING .. All the high level stuff is sold at very low prices ... Why do quest ? If we can buy everything from the players?

I don't understand the people do RP in this game, like broomstick, hug a virtual character, wedding (full of cringe) or even music.
I haven't mention those who believed played the Sims by buying houses and other stuff ?

The game overuses teleportation and round trip quests. There is NO exploration, the game does not force you to explore, because there is nothing to do. The only moment that prompts you to explore is to complete the bestiary.
I have 4-5 jobs at level 50 to see that in fact ... I'm struggling to play the game ... And once I did the first quest for Heavensward ... I was tired ... Tired of playing a game I have to do the same thing over and over and over ...

And yes, I do not write English well. Simply because it's not my native language.

PS : Bad guys is Organization XIII? Yeah ty bye...
PS2: FF12 is a (far) better RPG than FF14.

Top Bottom