• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insignia - the Original Xbox Live 1.0 replacement is AWESOME | MVG

8BiTw0LF

Gold Member

Over the weekend I was invited to test out a closed test of Insignia - the Xbox Live 1.0 replacement for the Original Xbox consoles. In this episode we take a closer look at the service, how well it performs and what to expect when the service launches in the near future! - MVG

clem84

Gold Member
Doesn't this have the potential of being better than the online experience of the original Xbox, with the online infrastructure being significantly better than it was 20 years ago?

Doesn't this have the potential of being better than the online experience of the original Xbox, with the online infrastructure being significantly better than it was 20 years ago?

not really. I don't think the average ping went lower than back then. and your ping is by far the biggest factor in how good your connection is.

this is still P2P so your connection will always be dependent on how far away the host is from your position.

video games don't need a lot of bandwidth, you can play most games with 60KB/s down/up... I know from experience because that's all I had a few years ago while switching ISPs

my new provider had a free 60KB connection I could use in the few days between my old provider's contract running out and my new provider's starting.

and I had zero issues playing games with such a ridiculously slow connection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom