• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Full Moon Show 25: Dan "Shoe" Hsu, Co-op I Want Your Job, and R2 update!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hey everyone,

Episode 25 - 5/1/08 - 1:22:16 - 56.4 MB

http://www.insomniacgames.com/podcast/podcast.php

We pull ourselves away from Grand Theft Auto IV long enough to record this 25th episode of the Full Moon Show. We bring you the latest info on Resistance 2 and our demo in Europe next week. We also reveal more about our 8-player online co-op in our I Want Your Job interview with Jake Biegel. Former 1UP Network Editorial Director Dan "Shoe" Hsu joins us in the mystery guest segment, and we'll bring you the latest contest from Marcus. Plus Rolf's Rant and more!

* 0:00:00 - Introduction
* 0:07:05 - Resistance 2 Update
* 0:21:40 - Mystery Guest of the Week
* 0:47:55 - I Want Your Job! with Co-op Designer Jake Biegel
* 1:03:05 - Community Update
* 1:13:53 - Rolf's Rant
* 1:21:20 - Closing

http://www.insomniacgames.com/podcast/podcast.php

Any thoughts, questions, comments, whatever, I'll answer.

After this afternoon, I'm off to London for SCEE Gamers Day. I'll try to post from the event if they have Wi-Fi.

JS

tha_con

Banned
YAHOO! Insomniac thread of awesome, thank GOD this came so early. Leaving to download it now to make the rest of my workday GOLDEN.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Holy shit I totally forgot about the Full Moon Show! *Blames GTA4* Will download this ASAP!

soul

Awesome. Anything special is being said in the R2 update?

Have fun in London, do send updates from the event mind you.

jax (old)

Banned
shoe's last egm podcast convinced me he was let go.... to be a bum? Everyone else that left had an offer. It was sort of telling

Raist

Banned
Nightz said:
There's a Gamers Day in Europe next week. >_>

I know, but didn't know it was confirmed that R2 would be demoed :O

Will we at least get some infos/impressions ?

Raist said:
Aweso-

We bring you the latest info on Resistance 2 and our demo in Europe next week

mc9dlu.gif
_

wipeout364

Jax said:
shoe's last egm podcast convinced me he was let go.... to be a bum? Everyone else that left had an offer. It was sort of telling

Is this for real? I didn't hear that pod cast.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
kaching said:
Did you guys decide to forego the curse filter for this episode? :eek:

We haven't used one at all this season.

Raist said:
I know, but didn't know it was confirmed that R2 would be demoed :O

Will we at least get some infos/impressions ?

Yes, yes and screenshots too... I have those on my monitor right now... :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jstevenson said:
Really? Coulda sworn when I listened to the last one you guys were specifically restraining yourselves (except for the Capcom guys). *shrugs*

acevans2

Stop talking in the other thread.

This episode is great so far, but sooo much teasing about stuff that you can't say til' next week's showing!

Raist

Banned
jstevenson said:

OMG D:

Going to get in one of those liquid nitrogen tanks at the lab and ask someone to take me out on May 6th D:

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Jax said:
MS is in a hiring freeze, ya know the recession in all.

jstevenson said:

damn yee with yer screenshots! Send me a copy by express mail or I'll steal your ham sandwich tomorrow!

jax (old)

Banned
BryanI said:
Let go? Uh, false.

well, everyone said he left willingly but unlike you/mark/che... he's not leaving to a new job. Just seemed odd. We'll see. For a EIC, to be replaced by milky and then to leave. Hmm... This is in light of the whole, Ziff is in trouble thing...

Lets see where the future leads Dan shoe but that EGM podcast just made me somewhat skeptical. Also from that Dans last EGMpodcast - shawn elliot is a cunt - it sounded like Jennifer Tsao was very uncomfortable with his rudish comments and made it had for her to keep it lively. It was a real struggle to listen to - that middle bit.

BryanI

Jax said:
well, everyone said he left willingly but unlike you/mark/che... he's not leaving to a new job. Just seemed odd. We'll see. For a EIC, to be replaced by milky and then to leave. Hmm... This is in light of the whole, Ziff is in trouble thing...

Lets see where the future leads Dan shoe but that EGM podcast just made me somewhat skeptical. Also from that Dans last EGMpodcast - shawn elliot is a cunt - it sounded like Jennifer Tsao was very uncomfortable with his rudish comments and made it had for her to keep it lively. It was a real struggle to listen to - that middle bit.

Just to clarify: Shoe was promoted to Editorial Director of the entire 1UP Network, which meant he oversaw all the print (EGM, GFW) and online publications (1UP.com, GameVideos, MyCheats). With that much on his plate, he had to give up some responsibilities, hencing putting EGM in the capable hands of Jame Mielke. He wasn't "replaced" as you seem to be implying.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Finally! I thought this was coming out yesterday, Thursday for me. But friday morning is fine by me too!

Kittonwy

Banned
I don't know if I'll listen to it, I don't really like Dan Shoe Shoe Shoe Hsu much and he doesn't seem to like PS3 games much, for him it's all Gears/COD4/HALO3 and he doesn't seem to be a Resistance fan, so we'll see.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
I don't know if I'll listen to it, I don't really like Dan Shoe Shoe Shoe Hsu much and he doesn't seem to like PS3 games much, for him it's all Gears/COD4/HALO3 and he doesn't seem to be a Resistance fan, so we'll see.
Are you real?

wouwie

First of all, i think you're doing a great job with the podcasts. Looking forward to more Resistance 2 material.

Still no sign of the mysterious Ratchet Quest for Booty though. I'd love to buy and play additional content for this superb game. No hints at all...?

Nizz

jstevenson said:

Damn. To be a fly on those walls at Insomniac... ;) And Yay for no filter...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
im akready sold on Co-Op, seriously, just that bit on the Story....

They're previewing Co-op next week right?

J-Rzez

I'll skip over the Shoe crap, thank you very much. JS, can you guys score some guests from say like Sucker Punch, Slant 6, more Naughty Dogs, people like that? Or someone outside of development, perhaps like N'Gai? That's much more compelling than someone who personally made reviewers and their scores a joke.

Das-J

Law of the West
Good show... enjoyed every minute of it, even Rolf. :D

Jake's perspective on design was refreshing and I hope we hear more from him in the future!

tha_con

Banned
DCharlie said:
Seriously, you could do with a month or so out of character. :/

Or you could use the ignore button, and then we wouldn't have to read your posts complaining about his in nearly every thread in which the two of you appear on the same page.

Just maybe.

That said, I agree with Kittonwy.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Or you could use the ignore button, and then we wouldn't have to read your posts complaining about his in nearly every thread in which the two of you appear on the same page.

i've only complained about him 3 times! ;)
and besides where would the fun be in putting him on ignore?

the boy has issues, you can't ignore someone crying for help.

tha_con

Banned
DCharlie said:
i've only complained about him 3 times! ;)
and besides where would the fun be in putting him on ignore?

the boy has issues, you can't ignore someone crying for help.

That's not necessary.

Top Bottom