• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games Full Moon Show #46 - The RCF:ACIT Retrospective show

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hey guys,

Here's the latest episode of the Full Moon Show - the Season 3 finale:

http://www.insomniacgames.com/blogcast/podcasts/entry/1508263

We're back with the finale of Season 3! We look back over the development and reaction to Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. We also talk about your reaction to the reviews and fan feedback, as well as our recent community day and launch of the new site. Thanks for listening to Season 3! We'll be back soon!

0:00:00 - Introduction
0:06:00 - Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time review reaction
0:11:15 - Is there too much Ratchet & Clank?
0:16:06 - A Crack in Time development retrospective
0:30:12 - Leaderboards/Fan Reaction
0:38:57 - New Insomniac Website
0:41:18 - Community Day thoughts
0:46:10 - Wrapping up the Third Season
0:47:10 - Closing

And it's already up on iTunes too... yes, our new website is much cooler than our old site.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/blogcast/podcasts/entry/1508263

As always, your questions and comments are appreciated!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Damn im at work.
But as soon as i get home, ill listen (While playing SFIV)

Haven't heard it (obviously) but I like the idea of you guys directly confronting the criticism out there about too much R&C. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Insomniac tackle something else. Whether that means handing over R&C to another dev, or something else, I dunno. Maybe a small team working on a PSN title? Either way, looking forward to hearing that part.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MrPliskin said:
*ctrl+f Resistance 2*

:(

Just give us SOMETHING about the Resistance franchise!
*Resistance3Billboard.jpg*

Listening now. Good show so far, enjoying all the candid talk about Ratchet. They said something about "pushing Ratchet into the mainstream"...I'm wondering if they meant a movie or something. Surprised a movie or cartoon hasn't done by now.

Fersis

Ok that was an awesome episode, probably one of the most open developers out there.
Mad props.

M3Freak

Banned
MrPliskin said:
*ctrl+f Resistance 2*

:(

Just give us SOMETHING about the Resistance franchise!

No way. I don't want this rushed. Keep everything under wraps until you're absolutely sure it will floor everyone, including the hardcore RFoM fans.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Fersis said:
Ok that was an awesome episode, probably one of the most open developers out there.
Mad props.

Thanks dude. Tried to keep that episode flowing this way.

When we come back for Season 4, I'm hoping we can keep the tone like that... we'll see, always hard whenever something isn't out yet.

dalin80

Banned
Aru said:
0:11:15 - Is there too much Ratchet & Clank?

Yes, obviously :p

Please me with a new IP :D

I haven't got ACIT yet but to me it certainly feels like this franchise needs a nice holiday.

Its good the insomniac carry on with these shows after the cooling fan response from R2 and its much appreciated.

Just finished ToD and iam looking forward to getting ACIT within the next couple of months.

edit- 35:30 were not hardcore, were cuddly :-(.

Great podcast!

I've actually been super impressed by Insomniac the past year or so. They just had recruiters come to my school (DigiPen) and now they are going to be probably the first company I will send my resume to for getting an internship in the summer! :D

Keep up the transparency jstevenson! It's awesome to hear post-mortems from devs when they are honest and open.

methane47

I bought ACIT...

haven't played it yet...

at best(probable) I'm going to have an awesome time playing the game and enjoy the story and its characters and world.

at worst: I've supported one of my favorite developers of this generation.

V_Ben

Banned
a sony smash bros would be freaking awesome :-D ask the people who made rag doll kung fu FISTS OF PLASTIC to have a go at doing it :-D

Fersis

So Ted Price is posting on the forums?
Nice.

Takao

Banned
V_Ben said:
a sony smash bros would be freaking awesome :-D ask the people who made rag doll kung fu to have a go at doing it :-D

Joke post?

The people behind Rag Doll Kung Fu's original PC release was Media Molecule, the studio behind LittleBigPlanet.

V_Ben

Banned
Takao said:
Joke post?

The people behind Rag Doll Kung Fu's original PC release was Media Molecule, the studio behind LittleBigPlanet.

doi. i meant the people who made rag doll kung fu: FISTS OF PLASTIC. that was tarsier studios :)

MrPliskin

Banned
Fersis said:
*Resistance3Billboard.jpg*

Even then, we didn't hear a peep from Insomniac Games. I understand the fan backlash for R2 was extremely severe, but that really doesn't mean you can just dump your community and let them sit in the dark until you decide it's okay to talk to them again.

XTERC

Purchasing R&C:ACIT was like a breath of fresh air to me in regards to all the other titles on display. It is one of the only games I can play with my 3 year old son in the room and he really enjoys it.

I was playing Killzone 2 a lot in the first half of the year and was shocked when my son shouted out in public 'Bodycount'. I realised that I really shouldn't be playing games like that in earshot of him, so have obviously cut back on games of that nature in general and never play them around him.

There are other kid friendly games out there like Up, but they are pure shite. There need to be more games like this Where adults and children can enjoy them together. Thank you Insomniac!

Madman

MrPliskin said:
Even then, we didn't hear a peep from Insomniac Games. I understand the fan backlash for R2 was extremely severe, but that really doesn't mean you can just dump your community and let them sit in the dark until you decide it's okay to talk to them again.
They didn't. They even asked what people wanted from Insomniac after the release of R2. They focused on Resistance Retribution afterward and then ACiT. Talking about R2 or the Resistance franchise in general here is completely pointless. Nearly every reply will be about how much R2 sucked. People at GAF were some of the people who wanted ironsights being a focus in R2 and were a part of the whole "make it like CoD4" crowd, so GAF really isn't a great source for Resistance discussion.

They never addressed the Resistance 3 billboard because it must have been a mistake. Obviously, they aren't ready to announce it and odds are we won't hear about it until next year

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
MrPliskin said:

Can't comment on rumors and speculation when we have none of our future projects are currently announced. I think everyone understands that.

Fersis

MrPliskin said:
:lol

I think its more of a legal thing than anything. They are under NDA's, so until SCEA PR gives permission they cant say anything.
Thats how NDA's work, for example:
Ask me which seed and RNG algorithm we use at work?
NO, CANT TELL YA!
Thats how it works :/

EDIT: Beaten like Miguel Cotto by Paquiao(JS)

dalin80

Banned
jstevenson said:
Can't comment on rumors and speculation when we have none of our future projects are currently announced. I think everyone understands that.

except for resistance 3.

wouwie

MrPliskin said:

Wow. They finished a game a month ago and you already want news on a possible next one?

Anyway, nice podcast. In the two years of having a PS3, i've bought 4 Insomniac PS3 games already and i enjoyed them all (never regretted buying any of them). Being PS3 only wouldn't have been that much fun without all these good Insomniac games. So thanks a lot for all the hard work!

And now the big question... should i finally buy the 5th Insomniac game. The one that has been so much talked about over here... Resistance 2 :)

Anyway, always looking forward to what next you guys come up with. I assume that the stress in developping Resistance 3 will be considerably huge after the mixed R2 reactions :)

Top Bottom