• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac hint: Special Sunset Overdrive themed Xbox One coming soon?

Bgamer90

Banned
This just happened during RTX Live (conference live stream)...

They were asked if there will be a special edition Xbox One for the game available. There answer was: "Stay tuned!".

Special White Xbox One coming soon?

Will post a link to the video once it becomes available after the stream is over.

Edit:

Alright, here it is. Skip all the way to the 22:00:05 mark and watch for about two minutes.

Question: "This game looks amazing and I pretty much know I'm going to be buying an Xbox One for this game so do you know by any chance if there will be an Xbox One skin -- special edition type thing?"

Insomniac: "Stayed tuned!"

RoKKeR

Nktrnl teased a white one a while back...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98878565&postcount=899

Hi Tom, you're making me show off.

White Console plus Sunset Overdrive and a fancy ass controller in October.

Also a limited edition 1TB box after that in November.

whitexboxone_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
hollyshit, they actually said that? This looks kinda confirmed then.

RoKKeR

Would be nice. Wouldn't mind a Forza Horizon 2 themed Xbox One either, the plain black just bores me.

I actually like the look of the console in black. It's sleek and has a cool two tone look to it.

Anyways, I'd probably pick up the controller, I hope they unbundle the special edition controller.

why did people think the leak was controlled, the guy leaked ms e3...

I think people thought it was controlled due to the sheer scale of what he leaked. Leaks came from what would be multiple divisions, if I remember correctly. It was unlikely a single employee would not only know so much to a high degree of accuracy (unless they were in a position of pretty large power), or be willing to leak so much all at once. The timing was also suspicious, as it seemed to be targetted with a large number of positive leaks at a time when the Xbox was struggling (was it around the time of an NPD release?). I didn't pay a lot of attention to the whole fiasco, but those are the main points I remember.

Personally, I couldn't really care less. Disgruntled employee, employee who thinks they can handle marketing better than MS, or MS themselves. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference IMO.

Mr Croft

I really want a white Xbox one.... I wish they some.kind of trade program with the black Xbox one to get the white one. Oh well the downfall of being a day one buyer haha

If white that's super disappointing. I'm all for a white XBO but not as the Sunset Overdrive themed Xbox. Came in expecting Orange. Hopefully if there is one that's what it would be. A white with orange splatters would be nice.

Defect

If white that's super disappointing. I'm all for a white XBO but not as the Sunset Overdrive themed Xbox. Came in expecting Orange. Hopefully if there is one that's what it would be. A white with orange splatters would be nice.
Splatoon is on the WiiU.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
That wouldn't be smart in my opinion. The game is not going to sell well, and is likely to do 6-8 in review scores. They also have a ton of stock left for the orginal Xbox One with Kinect. I am not trying to be overly negative, I am trying to explain why they should/would not do it. I own an Xbox One and will pick up Sunset OverDrive, and am just being realistic.

That wouldn't be smart in my opinion. The game is not going to sell well, and is likely to do 6-8 in review scores. They also have a ton of stock left for the orginal Xbox One with Kinect. I am not trying to be overly negative, I am trying to explain why they should/would not do it. I own an Xbox One and will pick up Sunset OverDrive, and am just being realistic.

Realistic, right.

manual4

Banned

what the fuck?

Danomeon

Neo Member
If a Sunset Overdrive Xbox One was as crazy and colorful as the visual style of the game, I would completely take the plunge and pick it up. I'd be so excited if it came with Sunset Overdrive, too. That would be the best way to get a One in my hands.

Drago

Oy, I need more money :(

I want this so badly (game looks amazing and I still don't have an XB1) but I really don't know if I'll be able to afford it with everything else that I'm getting on systems I already own this year.
In any case, I hope it's a white system. It's a gorgeous color.

J 0 E

They should release a white X1 bundle like what sony did with Destiny, maybe I'll love more than the current scratchy black look.

Can I have your crystal ball please, i'd like to what E3 2015 is going to look like

Top Bottom