• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InsomniacGames is joining PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios!

Fake

Big news: InsomniacGames is joining PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios! We are honored and thrilled to join forces with this legendary developer. Please join us in congratulating our friends and partners at Insomniac!
A Message To Our Fans
Today we announced that Insomniac has a new home as we join the Worldwide Studios family at Sony Interactive Entertainment. It feels more like a homecoming though. We’ve collaborated with Sony for more than 20 years — spanning all four PlayStation consoles, 20 total games and six franchises. We still work closely today with many of the same Sony teammates as we did when we released the original Spyro the Dragon in 1998.

The decision to join forces with Sony extends far beyond familiarity. Our studio vision is to create experiences that have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives. As we look ahead to our future, we know that joining the WWS family gives us the best opportunities to fully achieve that vision on a much larger scale. Further, we believe that Sony shares a similar vision to positively impact players’ lives, their employees’ lives and the games industry at large.

So today merely marks the beginning of a new chapter in our studio’s growth and evolution. We’re excited to put Insomniac in the best position to deliver fresh experiences for our fans for many years to come. Our structure and approach will remain intact across both Burbank and Durham, NC studios, and we will continue to cultivate our unique culture.

It’s been a crazy ride for sure. Now, we’re ready for the next phase of our journey, and can’t wait to explore new worlds with our Sony family and loyal fans.

Until next time!

Ted

Last edited:
Well, there it is. I'm guessing the terms were quite rich, as I know that Insomniac has always stated that they wanted to remain independent.

Good for them.

It will be interesting to see if they will be able to continue to develop for Oculus after Stormworld.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
New studio acquisition hype!

It just fills me with so much pride and joy to see these corporate acquisitions.

I haven't been this excited since Pepe joined Arsenal.

But seriously, this was a no brainer for both parties considering Insomniac's previous work. I assume they will be the marvel super hero studio.

SNG32

I mean who didn't see this coming but glad they made it official. Looks like spider-man will never see the light of day on PC now.

I'm happy about this, it makes me think of how many developers are going to be leaving the studio within the next couple of years though. Don't know why but it always happens.

But this is a huge deal!

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
After the crazy success of Spider-Man I'm not really surprised.

It's a shame we probably won't get anymore Sunset Overdrive but Spider-Man was a lot of fun as well and I look forward to more Spider-Man on PS5

Mista

Banned
I doubt they would do it but doesn't that technically mean Sony now own the IP and could make a sequel if they wanted to?
If they plan to release the first one then yeah. But after Spider-Man's success I doubt they'll give Sunset Overdrive any attention

Top Bottom