• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Instacheck - Pokémon checking and shiny hatching for XY

I didn't even know this was a thing till now. It kinda has me wondering if anybody using this method will try for a full living shiny pokedex?

Ryne

I didn't even know this was a thing till now. It kinda has me wondering if anybody using this method will try for a full living shiny pokedex?

It takes a bit of co-ordination and a lot of trust. It would take a long time to do something like that, and a lot of luck

Unicorn

Trying to connect to the hotspot created and it tries for a long time, but fails.

Anyone know why?

Otherwise, can someone help me find out my shiny ID?

3136-6728-2378
Unicorn

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I currently have the Hotspot started and my 3DS connected. Now what? I tried scanning with InstaCheck but nothing happens. The explanation page isn't loading for me.

I currently have the Hotspot started and my 3DS connected. Now what? I tried scanning with InstaCheck but nothing happens. The explanation page isn't loading for me.
Sorry 'bout that - use the duplicate page here.

Basically, once you have the hotspot up, and verified that you can connect to the internet with your 3DS through it, start up IC, go in game and enable internet, select the connection sending the signal in the IC window and select "Start Scanning" - then you can do the trading thing and whatnot.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Sorry 'bout that - use the duplicate page here.

Basically, once you have the hotspot up, and verified that you can connect to the internet with your 3DS through it, start up IC, go in game and enable internet, select the connection sending the signal in the IC window and select "Start Scanning" - then you can do the trading thing and whatnot.

Thanks, got it working. My SV is 122. Great number.

Castcoder

Banned
Mine is 1766
FC: 0018-1035-7314

If you need me, please send me a PM and I will respond to you in roughly two hours or less.

Can we move this thread into its own gaming community thread so it's easier to find and won't be buried under PS4/Xbone/November Steam Sale/Black Friday news?

Firestorm

Nugget Bridge is back up.
Can we move this thread into its own gaming community thread so it's easier to find and won't be buried under PS4/Xbone/November Steam Sale/Black Friday news?
Use Subscriptions! A must for GAF. The reason the thread was created was so people could find out about it instead of being buried in the OT on the Community side.

Forkball

I don't get how this would make getting the IVs for the Pokemon you want easier. Yeah, you would know ahead of time, but you still have to spend time generating eggs until you get the one you want.

NEO0MJ

I don't get how this would make getting the IVs for the Pokemon you want easier. Yeah, you would know ahead of time, but you still have to spend time generating eggs until you get the one you want.

Well, you won't have to hatch them. Just gather a bunch of eggs and check them. If you see ones with the right stats you hatch them and stop breeding more eggs.

Forkball

Do I need to really delete my current wifi settings? My sheer laziness doesn't want me to have to register my current wifi connection again every time I wanna play Pokemon.

MicH

Going by the calculations in the SV document, how does using the Masuda Method offer a better chance at getting a good SV? Not sure if I understand it or I may have misunderstood it

DaBoss

Do I need to really delete my current wifi settings? My sheer laziness doesn't want me to have to register my current wifi connection again every time I wanna play Pokemon.
I make the hotspot the first connection and my router the second connection.

Going by the calculations in the SV document, how does using the Masuda Method offer a better chance at getting a good SV? Not sure if I understand it or I may have misunderstood it
Masuda re-rolls the SV when it is not yours up to 5 times. The slightly higher chance compared without Masuda represents those times you do not need to trade the egg (as it is your SV).

MicH

Masuda re-rolls the SV when it is not yours up to 5 times. The slightly higher chance compared without Masuda represents those times you do not need to trade the egg (as it is your SV).
Ah, thanks for the explanation. That makes a lot of sense

Inotti

Yeah, what the hell. Shiny Scizor is amazing - and even moreso is the Mega Scizor shiny :eek: oOoooh me want!

I don't get what does the hatcher care if he/she thinks that the shiny is ugly anyway. o_O It's not like you're getting to keep it if you are hatching it for somebody else! Ugh. I just think it would be very rude to refuse to hatch someone's shiny just because I think it's too ugly. If you don't want to or are too busy to help other people to hatch their eggs just ask that they take your name off the list.

qq more

The computer must have an internet connection, and have a wi-fi connection not being used for internet. (A laptop with a wired connection not using its wi-fi adapter should work.)
I don't understand this too well. Does it mean I have to have a wireless connection that's not being used on my computer atm? I only have one wifi device on my comp.

I don't understand this too well. Does it mean I have to have a wireless connection that's not being used on my computer atm? I only have one wifi device on my comp.
I think it means that you can't have your computer wirelessly connected to your WiFi, while using that same connection to connect to your 3DS. Your PC/laptop needs to be connected to the internet through a wire, that way it's wireless connection can be used to connect the 3DS.

qq more

I think it means that you can't have your computer wirelessly connected to your WiFi, while using that same connection to connect to your 3DS. Your PC/laptop needs to be connected to the internet through a wire, that way it's wireless connection can be used to connect the 3DS.

ah, conveniently my dad bought the wired internet, hopefully I'll be able to get my wired internet hooked tomorrow!

qq more

So my computer needs a wireless card and a ethernet port? or just a ethernet port? and what about a router?

from what I'm understanding now, if you're wired then all you literally need now is just a way to have wifi access on your computer

Inotti

Working with host on getting Nugget Bridge back up. Sorry for the inconvenience. I think all the traffic after Instacheck went public made our host think we were getting attacked.

Do you have an estimate when Nugget Bridge is going to be back up? It was up earlier but now it's down again. :(

Top Bottom