• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Instacheck - Pokémon checking and shiny hatching for XY

*Note: The program was broken by update 1.2. Nevertheless, if you have eggs you know the SV of, you can still check them against other people - you just won't be able to confirm the numbers of new eggs.*

Instacheck Explanation here
Instacheck Hotspot uses your computer's wireless connection to create a wi-fi hotspot, which you must use to connect your 3DS to the internet. Your computer can then analyze all network traffic going to your 3DS, and find the data of all Pokémon shown or sent to you in a trade. Instacheck lets you view their details - even of unhatched eggs!

(Note: does not work for GTS trades, as the GTS is encrypted this generation.)
Simply put, if a Pokémon's SV matches its trainer's SV, that Pokémon will be shiny.

How can we use this knowledge to our advantage?

Well, because the trainer SV is based on the trainer ID and secret ID, an egg's shininess is not determined until it hatches. That means all we need to do to hatch an egg shiny is to hatch it with the right person.
Note: If you don't have the resources to set up the program yourself, you can have someone else check your info for you.

Instacheck Hotspot

Enter your own info here

View entered trainer info here

Other lists:

OoW2Qhw.gif
OoW2Qhw.gif
OoW2Qhw.gif
OoW2Qhw.gif

And while you're here, check out the |OT| for Pokémon XY over in Community if you like.

DaBoss

Go home Spinda, you're drunk.

EDIT: To make my first post useful for others, I think this needs to be reiterated.

If you can't get Instacheck to work, THAT'S OK! Just ask someone else to help you!

I can vouch for this wholeheartedly. I got a perfect Shiny Hawlucha thanks to this program, and it has saved me hours of breeding since I can cut the hatching step right out of the process.

Excellent little tool, this one.

Azure J

Go Spinda drunk, you're home.

Gonna try to play with this then get all upset when some aspect of my home network doesn't agree with it and fucks it all over for me.

I really need to loosen up my OCD tendencies, so I can take full advantage of this. I don't want to breed 600+ eggs again just for a chance to get a shiny... >_>

Anyone can feel free to message me here on GAF if you'd like me to hatch a shiny for you!

MicH

Need more peeps to enter their information so I can find someone with the SVs of one of these Beldum :(

Inotti

Hopefully lots of people add their SV to this list. :) I would prefer to give give my shinies to someone from GAF to hatch. ^^

Bullza2o

Sounds interesting. Will definitely give this a try. I got a wild shiny Ditto, but I'm afraid it might be the only shiny encounter I'll have for this game if I don't do this. I've only met a total of 4 shinies in my life, playing every generation.

And awesome Spinda gif!

Mr-Joker

Banned
So let me get this right?

The program doesn't create the Pokémon but instead just check the IV, stats, nature and if the Pokémon is shiny or not.

entremet

Sounds interesting. Will definitely give this a try. I got a wild shiny Ditto, but I'm afraid it might be the only shiny encounter I'll have for this game if I don't do this. I've only met a total of 4 shinies in my life, playing every generation.

And awesome Spinda gif!

I've never met any personally other than Red Gyarados in Silver and Soul Silver lol.

The program doesn't create the Pokémon but instead just check the IV, stats, nature and if the Pokémon is shiny or not.
Yes, sort of. The TSV and PSV are derived from two things - the trainer ID and secret ID, and the Pokemon's personality value (PID). Shininess is determined when a Pokemon is caught (immediately), or when it is hatched (this is what allows for other people to hatch eggs as shiny)

Pappasman

I caught a shiny Spinda last night (first shiny since gen 2) so those gifs are making my day hahaha.

I'll probably give Instacheck a look later on today. seems cool.

except even better because if you use Instacheck Shiny Value check in tandem with that Egg Reject iv exploit you can guarantee yourself a perfect IV, correct nature and ability Shiny in literally no time flat.

God damn. X and Y really simplified shit. Pokegen XY shouldn't ever even need to become a thing at this point. Now it takes less time to breed a Shiny than it did to EV-train a single Pokémon last-gen. :eek:

Correct. All it does is read the data from your eggs to find out who it would be shiny for. No hacking required.

*realises that he'll never be able to take full advantage of this due to how his laptop's network connections are configured with regard to his wireless router unless he does a total rearrangment of everything in his room*

Ryne

What do I need to do to get someone to check my values for me? Do I need to send them something?

Edit: read the link, I get it now.

Ultimadrago

Go home Spinda, you're drunk.

lol

Remember people, you won't be the OT if you do this!

That's the only "con" I find from this method and to many others it's not even one! Nonetheless, I'll likely give it a go for Pokemon I find "neat" as Shinies, but aren't must-must-musts.

For example, I had to be "OT" for my own Gastly/Bulbasaur. But with Tyrunt/Aurorus, while I find their Shiny versions cool, but have no problem owning one just to own one.

*realises that he'll never be able to take full advantage of this due to how his laptop's network connections are configured with regard to his wireless router unless he does a total rearrangment of everything in his room*
If you ask nicely, there are a few people here who will check your Pokémon eggs for you.

What do I need to do to get someone to check my values for me? Do I need to send them something?
You start a trade with them, and Show them the egg. That's it. You don't even need to Offer it. (You'll need to show them a regular Pokemon that you've caught first though, so they can find out your number)

Ryne

If you ask nicely, there are a few people here who will check your Pokémon eggs for you.

You start a trade with them, and Show them the egg. That's it. You don't even need to Offer it. (You'll need to show them a regular Pokemon that you've caught first though, so they can find out your number)

Very nice, I read the link after I posted and figured as much.

Well, I need to find someone willing to check my values for me, and if I can get them something in return I would do that.

Sponge

Banned
I'm actually having trouble getting this to work. My 3DS finds the hotspot but it won't connect to the internet. Anyone wanna check my trainer SV?

Anyone know if Instacheck will work if two 3DSes are online and trading with each other but connected to the same local network?

Fury Sense

I added my SV to the GAF doc as well as the nuggetbridge doc (just signed up).

On the day I signed up for nuggetbridge, someone contacted me within a couple hours to hatch an egg for them. Then after breeding a box of my own pokemon, I was able to find someone to hatch an egg of mine.

It works and it's super convenient.

The program simply gives you a sneak peek of what's inside the eggs you've lain legitimately.

NZerker12

I'm having a problem where my 3DS will connect to the internet using the hotspot but when trying to connect to it in-game it won't connect, it will just continuously say 'connecting to internet please wait'.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm having a problem where my 3DS will connect to the internet using the hotspot but when trying to connect to it in-game it won't connect, it will just continuously say 'connecting to internet please wait'.

Is anyone else having this problem?

are you setting instacheck to scan mode before your game is online?

Ultimadrago

For those already familiar with this system, mind giving me a step-by-step of how you handle things in-game?

Not how to use the program, but do you guys do a box at a time before hatching and freeing them all? Do you do several boxes? Also, because of how this thing works, I don't have to breed eggs the Masuda way for better results, right? I'm guessing I could use 2 American 5 IV parents and have just as good a chance with this system.

NZerker12

are you setting instacheck to scan mode before your game is online?

No, I just simply followed the guide, after my 3DS connected to the hotspot I clicked start instacheck then chose the network adapter my 3ds uses for connecting. I'm now trying to connect in game but I can't.

Inotti

No, I just simply followed the guide, after my 3DS connected to the hotspot I clicked start instacheck then chose the network adapter my 3ds uses for connecting. I'm now trying to connect in game but I can't.

Did you remember to install WinPcap.exe? Also before you start scannin remember to choose Microsoft- Wireless Network connection 2 (it could also be other number than that)

I can't figure out a good nickname for my future shiny Sableye. ._.

EMT0

Banned
Both Nuggetbridge and Smogon are down, so there's no instructions on how to set it up :(

Can anyone copypaste em?

Daingurse

I can't even get the program to start. Just keep getting "VirtualRouterPlus has stopped working".

Edit: Okay all you have to do to fix that error is:

Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc
Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open
Under Startup Type, select Automatic
Under Service Status, Click the Start button

It should start working now.

NZerker12

Did you remember to install WinPcap.exe? Also before you start scannin remember to choose Microsoft- Wireless Network connection 2 (it could also be other number than that)

Yeah, i have it installed. However, I don't have an option for Microsoft- Wireless Network connection 2, all i have is Microsoft- Wifi, Microsoft local area connection 11 and 13 and
Microsoft - Bluetooth network connection.

NEO0MJ

I don't know why but I can't access that website, but if I understand this right in order to find my own shiny value I just need to show someone a pokemon I caught. As for the egg I just need to send it to someone who has the same shiny value?

Tenck

For those already familiar with this system, mind giving me a step-by-step of how you handle things in-game?

Not how to use the program, but do you guys do a box at a time before hatching and freeing them all? Do you do several boxes? Also, because of how this thing works, I don't have to breed eggs the Masuda way for better results, right? I'm guessing I could use 2 American 5 IV parents and have just as good a chance with this system.

I'm at 14 boxes for SkullHydra. Trying to get a perfect Sableye with his tsv because he wants tobe OT. I still haven't checked the SVs of the eggs, and I got a lot of time to kill, which is why I have 14 boxes full of eggs.

Inotti

Yeah, i have it installed. However, I don't have an option for Microsoft- Wireless Network connection 2, all i have is Microsoft- Wifi, Microsoft local area connection 11 and 13 and
Microsoft - Bluetooth network connection.

It's not the local area connection (at least for me) so I think it's that Microsoft - Wifi. Try changing to another egg and press "offer" and wait for few seconds

If I understood correctly, I need to have eggs, check their SV, find a trainer with the same SV, give them the egg, have them hatch it, and them get it back from them ?

trixx

I dont know why people go out of their way to find shinies. Just give me a decent pokemon to use. I hate hatching for good IVs also.

I seen this yesterday when I was looking through twitch

NZerker12

It's not the local area connection (at least for me) so I think it's that Microsoft - Wifi. Try changing to another egg and press "offer" and wait for few seconds

That's the thing, i can't even get that far because my game can't even connect to it.

Firestorm

Working with host on getting Nugget Bridge back up. Sorry for the inconvenience. I think all the traffic after Instacheck went public made our host think we were getting attacked.

Anony

i have my 3ds connect and my copy of pokemon is connected online

what do i have to do now? pressing start scanning does nothing

Inotti

That's the thing, i can't even get that far because my game can't even connect to it.

You have deleted all the other possible connection settings from your 3DS? Can you do connection test with your 3DS? Did it connect successfully?

i have my 3ds connect and my copy of pokemon is connected online

what do i have to do now? pressing start scanning does nothing

You need to have someone to "trade" with you. Whenever you press "show" on any pokemon instacheck should be able to read all the info of that pokemon/Egg.

Top Bottom