• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Instagram model confirms she’s Resident Evil 4 remake’s Ashley - Voice Actor Matthew Mercer not involved

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Damn he would do things to dead Lady D?
Oh My Reaction GIF

She's that hot milf PS right?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The Office Reaction GIF

(quickly checks Google)

Oh, okay, she’s 23. LOL, sorry, a few of these photos of her made her look a little sus age-wise, and I mean even the OG Ashley’s age was kind of questionable (she’s 20, but still it was hard to tell exactly), but we’re all good.

(calls FBI)

No, we’re all good here now. False alarm.

Really? She looks 23/25 or so

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Wish I had those girls where I live...With that said, I don't know, you can see beyond that cutesy persona but maybe that just me. No disrespect meant

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Id like to interview her about her subconscious motivation that manifested in her current appearance and how that makes her feel before she went that way

Fbh

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Uncanny? With RE Engine? Who we talking about? At best I could say Remake Claire is slightly off, and the way Mia’s hair moved in 7 always looked weird to me, but not to the point of uncanny valley and other than that I always thought the faces were great. We haven’t got the best look at Leon, Ada, or the villains of 4 yet, but the photo of Ashley looked good.

Like, calling something uncanny valley I reserve for shit like the Polar Express film. Now THAT had some weird ass looking CGI faces.

Sure it's not nightmare fuel like Polar Express but I still think characters look off in RE Engine game, specially in motion.
It's not like the 3d models are bad, and they look decent in screenshots, but in motion I get that uncanny valley feeling that something is just ...off.

Last edited:

Neofire

Instagram is a modeling agency now? Lol these self proclaimed females on Twitter and Instagram aren't no type of models. Especially with all they filtering they be using.

The Office Reaction GIF

(quickly checks Google)

Oh, okay, she’s 23. LOL, sorry, a few of these photos of her made her look a little sus age-wise, and I mean even the OG Ashley’s age was kind of questionable (she’s 20, but still it was hard to tell exactly), but we’re all good.

(calls FBI)

No, we’re all good here now. False alarm.

Ok good 23. Ty.

Now i can make comment - She looks fine as hell. PC version will be the best thanks to Mods. :)

Neofire

As opposed to all the "real" models who don't use photoshop in their magazine photos and ads?

unimpressed michael keaton GIF
I didn't know "real" models were professional photographers and digital editors but I digress. Just be because you see some random woman on Instagram showing alot of skin that has you frothing from the mouth doesn't mean she's a model.

Rran

So, maybe unpopular opinion incoming? The girl is pretty and all that, but I find it jarring how pretty much all the RE games and remakes over the last 10-15 years have changed around the characters' faces so much. I can understand it for going from the N64/PSX blocky mess to well-defined facial features, but I just don't get why they keep altering the designs for these characters past the GCN/PS2 era.

The newer Jill, Leon, Claire, Chris, and now Ashley all come across like cosplayers to me. The hair and clothes are familiar but they don't look like the characters. Why does Capcom keep doing this? Why change the actual facial/bone structure for established icons?

(maybe I'm just still bitter about them replacing Julia Voth's steely glare as Jill)

Last edited:

SEGA_2012

So, maybe unpopular opinion incoming? The girl is pretty and all that, but I find it jarring how pretty much all the RE games and remakes over the last 10-15 years have changed around the characters' faces so much. I can understand it for going from the N64/PSX blocky mess to well-defined facial features, but I just don't get why they keep altering the designs for these characters past the GCN/PS2 era.

The newer Jill, Leon, Claire, Chris, and now Ashley all come across like cosplayers to me. The hair and clothes are familiar but they don't look like the characters. Why does Capcom keep doing this? Why change the actual facial/bone structure for established icons?

(maybe I'm just still bitter about them replacing Julia Voth's steely glare as Jill)
I agree with you, Capcom does this all the time, they change the faces, change the voice actors...i hate this so much. To me Roger Craig Smith is always going to be Chris.

Soodanim

Sure it's not nightmare fuel like Polar Express but I still think characters look off in RE Engine game, specially in motion.
It's not like the 3d models are bad, and they look decent in screenshots, but in motion I get that uncanny valley feeling that something is just ...off.
I thought 3 was better for it than 2 was, with Claire being the obvious example but Leon being a bit off as well. By the time they got to Nicholai things were better, I thought that was well done. But I definitely agree that there's room for improvement in their facial animations.

Last edited:

Three

The maid outfit, her looks, the way she's done her hair in that shot, swimsuit pose and whole foreign model in Japan thing just reminds me of Ann from P5.

Top Bottom