• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Instagram, need help pleasw

Hi guys, basically I just had my Instagram account tentatively hacked, the app now asks me for a video selfie to prove i'm not a bot, and after I make the video, just before I can submit it, the app crashes

I searched around and no one has found an answer on forums, and Instagram support email doesn't work anymore

Anyone please know how to help me? Is very important for me due to work reasons and i'm panicking :(

mango drank

Did you clear your Insta app cache and try again? Or update to the latest version of Insta and try again? Or uninstall Insta and reinstall and try again?

Did you have 2fa enabled before all this?

mango drank

What if you try to do admin stuff in a web browser, instead of the app? Does it let you do anything? Can you change your password, or turn on 2fa?

What if you try to do admin stuff in a web browser, instead of the app? Does it let you do anything? Can you change your password, or turn on 2fa?
Nope, it says that I need to login from the app

Progress: i updated my Android version, now the upload button works, but loading fails

It's fucking absurd
I cannot do anything and these idiot fuckers doesn't even have any support line, what a fail for a million users app

They are fucking ridiculous

Is it possible to try from another device? Like borrowing a friend's cellphone/tablet?
Done this too

I'm histerically crying since this morning, it's even my birthday in a few days and Insta was the only way I could have felt my friends close, they are in other cities and i'm alone here

Don't know what to do, everything is going bad

are you by any chance using a third party unfollow app? if so delete it

anyway, i found various posts about instagram requiring a selfie verification. seems like a common issue.

Last edited:
are you by any chance using a third party unfollow app? if so delete it

anyway, i found various posts about instagram requiring a selfie verification. seems like a common issue.

I have one that I immediately deleted yesterday , but I don't use it since a long time

What makes me sad is none of these people ever found a solution

They really never recovered their account?

Last edited:
I have one that I immediately deleted yesterday , but I don't use it since a long time

What makes me sad is none of these people ever found a solution

They really never recovered their account?

if you just deleted it yesterday then wait another day or two and see what happens. there was someone in there that said they deleted theirs and after 24 hours it sorted itself out.

other than that the best thing to do is make a new account, sorry.

Last edited:
Delete Instagram and never look back.
I had serious health problems due to loneliness per Covid measures, people that went in other cities or nations for work, people who study elsewhere and basically i'm alone in a city where I also have no chance to know new people
I suffered severe depression for this

A social was vital to stay a little better and Instagram was my only chance until now

I had serious health problems due to loneliness per Covid measures, people that went in other cities or nations for work, people who study elsewhere and basically i'm alone in a city where I also have no chance to know new people

A social was vital to stay a little better and Instagram was my only chance until now
i'm sure there are other ways to keep in touch with your friends :)

explain to them what happened. get their phone numbers and call them. use Signal (or WhatsApp). if you have iPhones use iMessage/FaceTime. I'm not sure about Android but i'm sure there its something. There is Zoom too...

instagram isn't the only way of communicating. i don't want be to insensitive but it's not the end of the world and ditching Facebook could be a good thing for your mental health. I used FB/Insta a lot and it fucked with my head. leaving it was a good decision.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

OK that makes a little sense. But you should know that Apps like Facebook and Instagram feed on anxiety and depression. That is what they use to keep you engaged in the app. I don't know where you live or what you do, but you should looks elsewhere because in the long run if you have depression Social Media will make it worse. I think you could find people to talk to and not use social media. I mean you are on a message board.

The other thing you might look at is counseling. In person sitting on a chair and talking to a counselor about your problems. The other thing I have heard of from the younger people I work with is meet up apps that you use to go hang out with people of like mindedness.

Good Luck. You can give me a PM if you need a friend.

OK that makes a little sense. But you should know that Apps like Facebook and Instagram feed on anxiety and depression. That is what they use to keep you engaged in the app. I don't know where you live or what you do, but you should looks elsewhere because in the long run if you have depression Social Media will make it worse. I think you could find people to talk to and not use social media. I mean you are on a message board.

The other thing you might look at is counseling. In person sitting on a chair and talking to a counselor about your problems. The other thing I have heard of from the younger people I work with is meet up apps that you use to go hang out with people of like mindedness.

Good Luck. You can give me a PM if you need a friend.
you're right. i had FB/Instagram and it was messing with my head. ditching it was hard at first (kept coming back) because it was genuinely addictive but quiting it was one of the best things i've done for my mental health.

SKM1

The only correct way to use instagram is as a meme/comic/interestingStuff feed, not as a social network.

Top Bottom