• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Installation 01 (Halo Fan game) gets blessing from 343i

Loxley

This is really cool of MS and 343, and also really smart of the team behind it to make absolutely certain that what they're doing is completely on-the-level.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
MS realizes this stuff can only be good for them. Not surprising they allow it, considering their history with RvB.

Gwyn

Nice job for a fan made game but wouldn't it be easier/better to make h3 maps using pc forge, disable spartan abilities and tune jump height/bms etc?

wwm0nkey

Nice job for a fan made game but wouldn't it be easier/better to make h3 maps using pc forge, disable spartan abilities and tune jump height/bms etc?

There are only so many things you can do in Halo 5 Forge and they probably want their own art style too

Graciaus

It doesn't matter how good it plays if the maps are bad. Just look at halo 5. Hopefully they put a lot of work in that area.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
One of my close friends is actually working on this. They're doing some good work.

Gwyn

There are only so many things you can do in Halo 5 Forge and they probably want their own art style too

Fair enough but 4 years is alot of time just for art style :p and by the time this is ready h6 will probably be out on xbox/pc with a much improved forge

Anyway hope it works out for them

wwm0nkey

Fair enough but 4 years is alot of time just for art style :p and by the time this is ready h6 will probably be out on xbox/pc with a much improved forge

Anyway hope it works out for them

Also its a super good resume piece too regardless lol

wwm0nkey

It definitely has issues of you watch the gameplay.

But was assuming it was halo one code

From what I've seen so far, everything "Works" but they are missing a lot of feedback for the game feel. Biggest one is the shield pop and lack of hurting animation when being shot. Talked to a few of them on Discord and they are 110% aware

Lil Marco

Banned
By which Halo fans?

The lame people who cant get over Halo CE? or how about that cheaters heaven known as Halo 2? Or do you mean the slow as shit Halo 3? Or perhaps you mean the Bloom and loadout fans of Halo from Reach?

H5 campaign suffered, but MP wise, it shits all over previous games.

If we're just going to spout out opinions like you did, then the Halo fans I'm referring to are
the ones who grew up playing CE, 2 and 3 e.g the actual trilogy, the only valid games. ODST and reach are honorable mentions. See a pattern? They're all Bungie.

After 343's complete disrespect and trashing of the franchise we've moved on to other franchises.

wwm0nkey

If we're just going to spout out opinions like you did, then the Halo fans I'm referring to are
the ones who grew up playing CE, 2 and 3 e.g the actual trilogy, the only valid games. ODST and reach are honorable mentions. See a pattern? They're all Bungie.

After 343's complete disrespect and trashing of the franchise we've moved on to other franchises.
Please, never speak for a whole group of people, its just stupid to do. I grew up with the OG games but I still really like 5's MP at least.

Top Bottom