• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel 10nm CPU's line-up leacked

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
CDhPUzY.jpg

14 ∞ nm. LGA 1159. What a joke me if old.

P.S. Somemoe please fix the name of the thread, I can't type today:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Skyr

🤔
Might finally upgrade from my 4790k.
Then again.. I really don’t know why, because everything still runs great paired with my 1080ti. Bottlenecks are rather rare with a 1440p res.

Would an upgrade make sense with that combo?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Totally. I've upgrade from 4790K to 8700K cuz the first one bottlenecked my 1080Ti even in 1080p (not to mention 1440p) in CPU bound games. I'm running 8700K @4.8 GHz on all cores all the time, paired it with Z390 Aorus Master and I'm good for 4 years at least for sure and then I can upgrade to 9900K/KS.

PSlayer

Why are base clocks so low? Only boost clocks matter now?

Because it's 14nm. They shouldn't be putting that many cores on that die but their 10nm is in development hell and AMD is pressuring them with competitive CPUs so they have to make a move and the only way to keep this die monster on air cooling is by reducing the base clock and add short boosts to higher frequencies.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I'll stick to my 8700k for 3-4 more years so no thank you. Fk off Intel :)
I mean.... if you’re a gamer and you bought a high-end CPU in the last 4 years, you have nothing to gain by upgrading. Not sure why people always feel the need to post “I’ll stick with my xxx” every time a new CPU is announced.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I mean.... if you’re a gamer and you bought a high-end CPU in the last 4 years, you have nothing to gain by upgrading. Not sure why people always feel the need to post “I’ll stick with my xxx” every time a new CPU is announced.

I mean...not much has changed in the last 6 years so of course any gamer would complain and want a significant hardware upgrade compared to the anual shit show we get.

Because upgrading is fun, but it's getting boring lately.

New Ryzens look very appealing though, I might bite and get that 3900x.

LordOfChaos

Does Intel usually use the comical number of +'s after 14nm in official advertising? I didn't think they did, which makes it smell fake

Last edited:

Skyr

Totally. I've upgrade from 4790K to 8700K cuz the first one bottlenecked my 1080Ti even in 1080p (not to mention 1440p) in CPU bound games. I'm running 8700K @4.8 GHz on all cores all the time, paired it with Z390 Aorus Master and I'm good for 4 years at least for sure and then I can upgrade to 9900K/KS.
Nevermind man :D.. I read your thread title and the directly looked at the clock rates and core count in the table without seeing that it’s still 14nm.
Nah I’m definitely good for now.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Nah I’m definitely good for now.
Upgrading to high-end Nvidia 7nm GPUs (or AMD equivalents) will be pointless, 4790K won't be able to handle them and will for sure bottleneck your system in 1080p / 1440p in future games and OC won't give you much if at all, you definitely need to upgrade in 1,5-2 years from now.

Last edited:

llien

That number of pluses, dude....

Intel is caught in a perfect storm:

1) AMD with at least on par CPU architecture and chiplet concept
2) TSMC with superior node process
3) Spectre, Meltdown, Zombieland and co just keep coming

And to add insult to injury, TSMC is promisnig 5nm transition to start next year.
If you hold Intel stock, it's probalby a good idea to start selling it. AMD making superior products for a year or two would go unnoticed by many, but AMD knocking down Intel one year later will.

Skyr

Upgrading to high-end Nvidia 7nm GPUs (or AMD equivalents) will be pointless, 4790K won't be able to handle them and will for sure bottleneck your system in 1080p / 1440p in future games and OC won't give you much if at all, you definitely need to upgrade in 1,5-2 years from now.
Ye true. If I really think about It rationally tho, I will prolly shift my gaming towards the new gen consoles as soon as they arrive q4 2020 anyway.
Then in 2022 Intel will hopefully deliver a true generational leap which will be an optimal time to upgrade as mid range PC Hardware will prolly 4x the next gen consoles by then.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

That number of pluses, dude....

Intel is caught in a perfect storm:

1) AMD with at least on par CPU architecture and chiplet concept
2) TSMC with superior node process
3) Spectre, Meltdown, Zombieland and co just keep coming

And to add insult to injury, TSMC is promisnig 5nm transition to start next year.
If you hold Intel stock, it's probalby a good idea to start selling it. AMD making superior products for a year or two would go unnoticed by many, but AMD knocking down Intel one year later will.

I'm adding to my position :messenger_grimmacing_

Agreed on everything above that, but stocks aren't just about who makes the best product. AMD trades at over 100x its price to earnings ratio, Intel trades at 10. Intels stock is pricing in extreme pessimism, AMD's extreme optimism. I believe strongly in blessed SuBae and also hold AMD, but Intel is also extremely cheap from that lens.

Fake apparently.

The only answer Intel has this year is a single 10-core release on 14nm++++ if you're lucky, which is gonna look stupid when AMD drop the 3950X at the same time, prob before.

Tesseract

Banned
🤔
Might finally upgrade from my 4790k.
Then again.. I really don’t know why, because everything still runs great paired with my 1080ti. Bottlenecks are rather rare with a 1440p res.

nope, wait it out dude

LOLCats

Banned
14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pagusas

Elden Member

I disagree STRONGLY. Intel's stock may see a hit, but its already priced at a conservative rate. AMD's future growth expectation is already priced into the current stock price, if AMD doesnt live up to the hype that stock will crash hard. If they do somehow live up to the hype, well the stock isnt going to see crazy yields one would hope from a boom cycle thanks to its current pricing. AMD is too untrustworthy to deliver on their promises, I wouldn't want my money linked to a future expectation of their continued success, they are just too prone to stupid choices and failure.

AMD is like that uncle who cant hold a job and is always drinking. One day he shows up in a suit and tells you he;s finally got it all figured out, a job, got a new girl, things are finally looking up. Than 2 months later you find him dead outside a whore house, OD'd on tidepods after he got fired from his job and his gf left him for his fancy neighbor, Mr. Nvidia. You were an idiot for trusting him, you know that, but man he seemed so excited about that brief moment of getting back on track, its hard not to get sucked into the positive energy.

Last edited:

llien

TPU reports the same in all seriousness:

UPDATE: never mind, WCCF recycle.

Last edited:
Be
Because it saves them hundreds of dollars!

Kenpachii

Pretty sure its fake.

All i can see intel do at this point with there thermals is a price reduction if they deem it nessesary and introduce more CPU's.

Like drop the 8700k > 200 bucks, drop the 9900k to 350 bucks, and introduce new top end cpu maybe

Boss Mog

If the pricing is accurate (which I doubt) then AMD would be in trouble.

an i7 10700K with 8/16 @ 5.1GHz boost for $389 would be an easy sell.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I disagree STRONGLY. Intel's stock may see a hit, but its already priced at a conservative rate. AMD's future growth expectation is already priced into the current stock price, if AMD doesnt live up to the hype that stock will crash hard. If they do somehow live up to the hype, well the stock isnt going to see crazy yields one would hope from a boom cycle thanks to its current pricing. AMD is too untrustworthy to deliver on their promises, I wouldn't want my money linked to a future expectation of their continued success, they are just too prone to stupid choices and failure.

AMD is like that uncle who cant hold a job and is always drinking. One day he shows up in a suit and tells you he;s finally got it all figured out, a job, got a new girl, things are finally looking up. Than 2 months later you find him dead outside a whore house, OD'd on tidepods after he got fired from his job and his gf left him for his fancy neighbor, Mr. Nvidia. You were an idiot for trusting him, you know that, but man he seemed so excited about that brief moment of getting back on track, its hard not to get sucked into the positive energy.

This. I tell friends that AMD is very risky (I made some money on it, full disclosure), for the reasons you state. Yes, Intel stock is the better buy, but I would stay away from all semis. If you were to buy Intel, it would be because you’re really bullish on them entering the GPU market and getting a slice of that growth.

petran79

Banned

A 4790k can run 99% of all games at max settings at 60fps at both 1080 and 1440, paired with a gtx1080.

Top Bottom