• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel Alder Lake to launch on October 27th. On Intel 7. PCIe Gen 5. DDR 5. DMI 4. 20% IPC. Xe Graphics iGPU. Hybrid Arch. Power Efficient. LGA 1700.

rnlval

"Intel 7"

"Guys we don't need to move to 7nm if we just start calling our 10nm process 7nm! Nobody will ever notice!"

veronica mars wink GIF

Also I hope they change the product naming scheme itself. I mean..

Intel® Core™ i5‑1145G7E6

Really rolls off the tongue!
In terms of density, Intel's 10 nm is similar to TSMC's 7 nm. :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Intel Alder Lake CPU Power Requirements Unveiled - 12th Gen CPUs More Power Hungry Than 10th & 11th Gen Processors​

The 12th Gen Intel Alder Lake CPUs will be featuring the brand new 'Intel 7' process node (formerly 10nm Enhanced SuperFin). This will be a major departure from the existing 14nm process that has been in use since Skylake. Based on the latest numbers from FCPOWERUP, Intel has disclosed the power requirements of its Alder Lake Desktop CPUs and it looks like the power requirements have gone up.

iUFh05T.gif

I really don't understand this.
It'll use a more refined process that in theory should require less energy, right?
Than there's the little cores, half of this thing are smaller cores that also in theory should require less energy.
But somehow however despite everything the power requirements increase? HOW?!
Or something is going very wrong of Intel is planning to put a huge IGP there.

rnlval

I hope that table is accurate and we can slot Raptor, if its a tangible improvement over Alder into z690 boards. If so I might just get 12 series and not wait for Zen 4, coz you're already getting the holy triplet DDR5, PCI5, Gen5 NVME. Who knows how far away Zen 4 is.

ihopeitstruegfdgdrggr.png
Mobile Alder Lake's iGPU is still Xe-LP as per Tiger Lake Xe

Last edited:

pratyush

"Intel 7"

"Guys we don't need to move to 7nm if we just start calling our 10nm process 7nm! Nobody will ever notice!"

veronica mars wink GIF

Also I hope they change the product naming scheme itself. I mean..

Intel® Core™ i5‑1145G7E6

Really rolls off the tongue!
It's for people like you they have changed. Nobody questioned TSMC and Samsung when they went to 10nm and even 4nm when it was just barely a half a node improvement.

Mobile Alder Lake's iGPU is still Xe-LP as per Tiger Lake Xe
I would prefer no iGPU at all, for less heat. :messenger_winking:

ed: eh you mean laptops cpu. Don't see the point of gaming laptops at all, well unless your work forces you to travel far away from home, constantly.

Last edited:
I need iGPUs because when I'm in between graphics cards or have to send mine in for RMA, it's nice to not have to sit there staring at a dead box and actually be able to use my PC. With even my 7700k iGPU I was able to play WoW and lots of older games no problem while waiting for my 1080 Ti to launch when my 970 died and I had nothing else and didn't want to spend money on a temp card.

Biff

How much better will this on-board GPU be vs. the Intel UHD 630?

Because that one is absolute ass

Starhowl

What I’m more wondering aboutis the list of codecs these CPUs can en- and decode. Can someone link me to a list or something? :pie_relieved:

Top Bottom