• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel DG2 Graphics Card Leakers Suggest Performance Similar to NVIDIA RTX 3070, about 10% slower than AMD RX 6700XT

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Oh man, the perfect sly dig headline for the forum's AMD nut. Bet he's only posting this intel news so he has a chance to throw a bit of 'AMD beats Nvidia' fud.

As stated, the 6700xt isn't more powerful than a 3070. apart from in a couple of games which are purposefully optimised for AMD at the expense of Nvidia.

And no, I don't have a 3070.
LOL plus the article he’s sharing (which he quoted in OP) contradicts his own headline.

Article claims DG2 would be 5% slower than 3070 and 8% slower than 6700XT. He somehow translated that to “about equal to 3070 and 10% slower than 6700XT”

I’d expect no less from Ilien, our resident AMD propaganda minister.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Good. Anything to add competition to the bullshit that is currently AMD and Nvidia. Hopefully they'll build plenty of factories to keep up with demand and slap scalpers in their fat greedy faces.

SoraNoKuni

I am pretty sure the launch will be a mess Driver wise, but I am also pretty sure that the pricing will be really competitive and that's a good thing.

Interesting.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Thats false. Amd was only in mid market for years but nobody cared.

Now when amd releases highend products people care about them again.
People care about AMD?.....the 6700XT is the only 6000 series card that makes the steam survey.
The 3070/DG2 competitor.

The midrange is the only place to make real money.

LordOfChaos

Hope their drivers are ready at that point

I know this is below the recommended spec, but normally when something is below the spec but API compatible it would just run slow right, this is Halo Infinite on modern Intel graphics, completley broken

Despite this being on every Intel IGP model, DCH drivers or OEM, could never quite convince them this was a driver issue, almost every game I've seen that is run on something below the requirement but API compatible just runs slower.

Last edited:

Larogue

The problem is this is Intel. It won't be cheap.
Intel has a huge advantage over Nvidia or AMD, it owns the fab that manufacture the chips (designed and manufactured by Intel).

On the long run, no one would be able to compete with their margins.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

People care about AMD?.....the 6700XT is the only 6000 series card that makes the steam survey.
The 3070/DG2 competitor.

The midrange is the only place to make real money.

Peoples are confusing peepee wars on the high tiers as if that’s what sells. It certainly generates a lot of talk and comparisons between peoples who already buy high end or just like tech, but it’s a minority of buyers. Just like NeoGAF is a microcosm of gaming taste compared to the general market. Shit, you can’t even buy them nowadays while the market is flooding with 3060s. Finding an AMD 6800/6900XT at MSRP (I.e. Only AMD references) is like finding an unicorn.

Mid range always dominated sales, the steam database does not lie.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Peoples are confusing peepee wars on the high tiers as if that’s what sells. It certainly generates a lot of talk and comparisons between peoples who already buy high end or just like tech, but it’s a minority of buyers. Just like NeoGAF is a microcosm of gaming taste compared to the general market. Shit, you can’t even buy them nowadays while the market is flooding with 3060s. Finding an AMD 6800/6900XT at MSRP (I.e. Only AMD references) is like finding an unicorn.

Yup as much as people are "proud" of AMD having stepped their games up.
Their top tier cards really dont sell.

If you want to make a dent in the market the super niche upper echelon is literally just for bragging rights.
The DG2/6700XT/3070 are going to be top of the charts once people can actually buy them.

Yeah it annoys me a bit that discussion is always dominated by the hardcore technology fetishists
PC gaming scene is much broader.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Yeah it annoys me a bit that discussion is always dominated by the hardcore technology fetishists
PC gaming scene is much broader.
I feel kind of alone when I say I like PC for the freedom, not just a specs.

It seems like a lot of PC gamers only care about benchmarks and upgrading their system every 6 months (LOL).

Buggy Loop

It seems like a lot of PC gamers only care about benchmarks and upgrading their system every 6 months (LOL).

For the longest time I was mid range and stretched my build beyond their « due times », my first high end build was done last year during COVID times, got extremely lucky to find a 3080 TI at MSRP. Before that I was on AMD mid range, my R280 I got a served me well. First Nvidia was a 1060.

Even when I built my top end PC, I kind of had regrets spending so much on a 3080 TI lol. It’s always nice to crank graphics to the max, but I was fine turning off effects with little visual impacts before too.

What’s attractive for me on PC is exactly the scalability it offers from a potato PC to a nuclear powered one. Also backward compatibility, keeping a library of games that span decades.

Driver support is as important as performance. If it's close to a 3070 in benchmarks but game support is lacking this will be only interesting for miners.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

The specs/benchmark snobs are actually the minority of PC gamers.
Most PC gamers get midrange hardware and are very happy to play at 60fps......we dont all need 4K200Hz.
As long as you can meet req spec in most games on the GPU front you should be fine.
Upgrading CPUs realistically should only happen during true generational shifts otherwise you could still have a 6000 series Intel and be very very okay.

Even when Benchmarking, alot of games have setting that are beyond the hardware so "ultra settings" shouldnt even be the thing you are hunting down.
The joys of PC gaming is you can play the game with the settings that work best for you....assuming its well made *stares and Final Fantasy Intergarde.

Ive been in the midrange since I started building machines, and have never felt inadequate or anything like that.
Once I got to Nvidia building I pretty much stayed midrange or there about (Nvidia used to have weird overpowered cards)
6800 GS - Unlocked to GT *the deal was too good to miss out on.
8800 GTS - was faster than their range topper.
GTX 260 C216
GTX 570
GTX 770
GTX 970 - didnt last long
GTX 1070
RTX 3070ti - PC build still on going might get rid of it for Ada Lovelace.

Driver support is as important as performance. If it's close to a 3070 in benchmarks but game support is lacking this will be only interesting for miners.
Intel have been doing iGPU drivers for a very long time.
Their drivers are actually the thing im least worried about.

Dream-Knife

Banned
The specs/benchmark snobs are actually the minority of PC gamers.
Most PC gamers get midrange hardware and are very happy to play at 60fps......we dont all need 4K200Hz.
As long as you can meet req spec in most games on the GPU front you should be fine.
Upgrading CPUs realistically should only happen during true generational shifts otherwise you could still have a 6000 series Intel and be very very okay.

Even when Benchmarking, alot of games have setting that are beyond the hardware so "ultra settings" shouldnt even be the thing you are hunting down.
The joys of PC gaming is you can play the game with the settings that work best for you....assuming its well made *stares and Final Fantasy Intergarde.

Ive been in the midrange since I started building machines, and have never felt inadequate or anything like that.
Once I got to Nvidia building I pretty much stayed midrange or there about (Nvidia used to have weird overpowered cards)
6800 GS - Unlocked to GT *the deal was too good to miss out on.
8800 GTS - was faster than their range topper.
GTX 260 C216
GTX 570
GTX 770
GTX 970 - didnt last long
GTX 1070
RTX 3070ti - PC build still on going might get rid of it for Ada Lovelace.

Intel have been doing iGPU drivers for a very long time.
Their drivers are actually the thing im least worried about.
Actually I love 1440p 170hz in FPS and racing games. Otherwise I don't really care if a game is 60 fps, like Dark Souls or soon Elden Ring.

Upgrade within a year? eh. I'm going to stay on my 3080 until the 60 series comes out probably.

Buggy Loop

highend card sells for 3X MSRP so you are very wrong.

Season 6 Facepalm GIF by The Office

magnumpy

back to 3 graphics cards! hopefully this will mean lower prices, with 3 vendors vs. 2 there's no other option but to tempt customers to your product with lower prices xD

Solarstrike

Need more chip factories built yesterday. Fully autonomous chip manufacturing facilities layered over the farthest reaches of the Earth. We have enough plastics and who knows what else floating around in the oceans to recycle and use for materials. We have people with ideas and a drive for change. Everything at the helm but the ones who are steering are taking us the long way around.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I remain skeptical; it's fine if they can get a price competitive product out but I just hope they are investing in driver programs like nVidia / AMD do.

I also remain skeptical that anyone in this industry is interested in competing with each other on price lol

Black_Stride

highend card sells for 3X MSRP so you are very wrong.
Tell me you dont know how business works without telling me you dont know how business works.

Halo products while profitable dont actually make a whole lot of sense in the grand scheme of things.
The midrange sell like hot cakes and so the volume and margins make it the most profitable segment as a whole.
You only make Halo products to show off that you can.....they are literally the Halo on top of an Angel, but the real meat of said Angel is the rest of its body.

You're not alone I have a 3060 and play on 1080p. Plan to use this PC for another 4 years.

If specs were all that mattered the Switch wouldn't be selling gangbusters!

Top Bottom