• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel Discovered - XBLA FMV Kinect game with Chris Evans and LMFAO

arab

screenlg15.jpg

do i spy mitt romney?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just beat it. Only 3 levels. First level you do some fight scene for a movie which is basically just QTE stuff except it's really vague on what you have to do. 2nd level you're trying to get into a club but they don't let you in, so you sneak in back door and suddenly you meet LMFAO who proceeds to tell you like 2 minutes worth of dancing moves to get the crowd pumped up. Then you dance by moving your body however you want and DJ just because....3rd level you walk through a red carpet to sign autographs and take pics and say dialogue (yes, you actually have to talk, which apparently is rated by how loud and clear you say it). But I guess I got a bad ending cause it told me TO BE CONTINUED and bam end of the game. lol wut?

Most random free game...

I just beat it. Only 3 levels. First level you do some fight scene for a movie which is basically just QTE stuff except it's really vague on what you have to do. 2nd level you're trying to get into a club but they don't let you in, so you sneak in back door and suddenly you meet LMFAO who proceeds to tell you like 2 minutes worth of dancing moves to get the crowd pumped up. Then you dance by moving your body however you want and DJ just because....3rd level you walk through a red carpet to sign autographs and take pics and say dialogue (yes, you actually have to talk, which apparently is rated by how loud and clear you say it). But I guess I got a bad ending cause it told me TO BE CONTINUED and bam end of the game. lol wut?

goty confirmed

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This is the whole game

DCuO8h.jpg

0Z1MOl.jpg

57gvol.jpg

Qkrpmh.jpg

Note that they don't really tell this stuff clearly during the game. They tell you some moves in FMV form but there's nothing on screen that tells you this is shit you have to do, so they expect you to remember all this shit at the beginning of each level

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm not sure what compelled them to make this game. There's a couple of product placement shots showing an HP laptop but I don't really get the impression that they're trying to sell me on a product

Shaneus

I'm not sure what compelled them to make this game. There's a couple of product placement shots showing an HP laptop but I don't really get the impression that they're trying to sell me on a product
It's like The Last Starfighter, but rather than looking for the next starfighter, they're looking for the next triple threat. Who they'll find playing a Kinect, obviously.

RiverBed

Banned
3DO LIVES!
I could never have imagined that I would see real-life FMV mechanics after the death of 3DO. Now it's going to be in HD.

v1oz

I've never played an FMV game before. I'd be fun if someone could do something creative with the genre. I dont think they all suck, if I remember correctly 7th Guest was a well rated and highly regarded game.

I've never played an FMV game before. I'd be fun if someone could do something creative with the genre. I dont think they all suck, if I remember correctly 7th Guest was a well rated and highly regarded game.
7th Guest was regarded highly back then because it was one of the first CD ROM games (about 6 months before Myst came out) that wasn't outright terrible (like the Sherlock Holmes games) or a TG16/Amiga game with FMV bolted on top (like 95+% of TGCD games). It's pretty horrendous now, though, due to low resolution FMV, terrible acting even by FMV-game standards, and basic puzzles made tiresome due to endless animations. It was pretty amazing way back when but the awfulness of 11th Hour just highlighted the weaknesses of 7th Guest.

There were a couple clever FMV games like Psychic Detective but the problem with the "genre" is that FMV doesn't add anything that can't be done in other, more interactive ways. The tram ride at the beginning of Half-Life is basically what FMV games turned into, and these days most cutscenes are in-engine, sharing camera control with the player. The actual FMV segments in Alan Wake AN and BLOPS were striking in large part due to that transition. An FMV game could be made but the first question asked would be "why?", and aside from specific aesthetic reasons there wouldn't be a good answer.

Top Bottom