• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interesting Article on Cult of the Lamb (Devolver Digital- Releases on PC/Consoles August 11) - "Animal Crossing Meets The Dark Arts"

Bluecondor

A few people have shared the trailers and previews for Cult of the Lamb. There is an interesting preview in Ars Technica today, describing the game as "Animal Crossing Meets The Dark Arts":

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022...hands-on-animal-crossing-meets-the-dark-arts/

I still play Animal Crossing: New Horizons and have often thought that the basic gameplay loop in Animal Crossing (building deep relationships with NPCs, resource gathering, character and in-game world customization) could be interesting in a darker themed game. As this hands-on preview explains, Cult of The Lamb compares favorably to the classic god game, ActRaiser, in terms of of putting the player in a god-like cult leader role with gameplay centered around interacting with NPCs and bulding a cult while enaging in rogue-lite combat, missions and side quests. The art style seems to be intentionally cute and cartoony, in contrast to the game's focus on building a cult.

Just from reading this preview, it's a day one purchase for me.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I still play Animal Crossing: New Horizons and have often thought that the basic gameplay loop in Animal Crossing (building deep relationships with NPCs, resource gathering, character and in-game world customization) could be interesting in a darker themed game.
Have you played Cozy Grove?

Pakoe

A few people have shared the trailers and previews for Cult of the Lamb. There is an interesting preview in Ars Technica today, describing the game as "Animal Crossing Meets The Dark Arts":

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022...hands-on-animal-crossing-meets-the-dark-arts/

I still play Animal Crossing: New Horizons and have often thought that the basic gameplay loop in Animal Crossing (building deep relationships with NPCs, resource gathering, character and in-game world customization) could be interesting in a darker themed game. As this hands-on preview explains, Cult of The Lamb compares favorably to the classic god game, ActRaiser, in terms of of putting the player in a god-like cult leader role with gameplay centered around interacting with NPCs and bulding a cult while enaging in rogue-lite combat, missions and side quests. The art style seems to be intentionally cute and cartoony, in contrast to the game's focus on building a cult.

I played the demo on PC and it was pretty fucking amazing and deserved the hype.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yep was interested from the first trailer and it is a perfect for me and my gf.I'll kill everyone and she'll take care of the cult...Just like in real life.

RPSleon

Im in

Top Bottom