• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interesting Gaming Listings on Yahoo Japan Auctions

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I spend an unfortunate amount of time browsing y!ja out of boredom / curiosity, and thought some people might care about some unique/interesting/rare/etc. items that get posted. The higher bid on items are, generally, either pretty normal (e.g. a wii u, ps4), or people selling insanely decked out smartphone game accounts (if you want a Puzzle&Dragons or Monster Strike account for $600USD let me know) but some legitimately cool things pop up often enough. I'll post some new listings whenever if there ends up being any interest.

Some current listings (with actual bids and their price at the time of posting)

Sealed PS1 Nocturne in the Moonlight / Symphony of the Night, ¥80,000
iZgTT3f.jpg

Sega Saturn 太郎丸 / Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru, ¥50,000
zdnSs13.jpg

Neo Geo Power Instinct, ¥70,000
dlDmOZX.jpg

293 Super Famicom carts, ¥51,000
gpSy2L0.jpg

Maybe the most interesting at the moment, a PCB for an unreleased Atlus STG called Wing Force, currently going for quite a high ¥199,000
6SLyF7K.jpg

I'm too lazy to check if they're on there anymore, but someone was selling (copies of?) the storyboards to the opening cutscenes in Xenosaga. Not sure if they're legit or not.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Hm Wing Force went up a few hundred bux and still lots of time left. Wonder what it reach

Hastati

Ponpo! Have you ever seen a new 1st ed Chrono Trigger? I've seen high grade used ones in Mandarake etc. from time to time, and I know that SNES can go for a couple thousand dollars but...no idea how much it is in Japan cuz I've never found one.

...and yet I just found one on Ebay for the first time. Wonder if it's cheaper in Japan.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Ponpo! Have you ever seen a new 1st ed Chrono Trigger? I've seen high grade used ones in Mandarake etc. from time to time, and I know that SNES can go for a couple thousand dollars but...no idea how much it is in Japan cuz I've never found one.

...and yet I just found one on Ebay for the first time. Wonder if it's cheaper in Japan.

Haha buy it! Not sure if I've seen one anyway.

Oh Range Murata cover, neat, game wise I knew he did the MGS-like game Spy Fiction's art, but since I never got to play these I didn't recall he was the artist for this series back then too before he got bigger.

One of my favorite artists.

Same. Power Instinct is great and wish he did more game art.

AmyS

Man I wish there was a video of Wing Force. Beyond that, I wish the PCB would get dumped so it can be added to MAME.

What kind of discs? If you just mean rare stuff in general I don't have any stats, but I've only been linking things that have bids so far.

Let's say... PS2 or so? Do you see many of those with rather large asking prices? Anything you'd say people would balk at elsewhere in the world?

I'm curious.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Let's say... PS2 or so? Do you see many of those with rather large asking prices? Anything you'd say people would balk at elsewhere in the world?

I'm curious.

Hmm I don't follow PS2 stuff mostly, but here's a link of PS2 title auctions that have ended, sorted by cost. The more expensive auctions are dominated by FF11 accounts and bemani but there is some other stuff there.

The guy who bought it is on System11 Shmups Forum and says that yes, he's going to preserve it (third post after the OP).

Oh, pretty cool.

Top Bottom