• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interesting Todd Howard Interview that doesn't rule out future games being on other platforms

Ps5ProFoSho

MecWU8i.jpg

jCezAGt.jpg

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I’ve been saying this since the acquisition was announced.
There is absolutely zero evidence here that big games won’t come to PlayStation, despite the echo chamber effect here. It’s all corporate, parsed-language, which is fine and expected. All that’s being said here is that he doesn’t have to put big games on PlayStation to have the deal “make sense”. This is not the same as saying “These games will never come to other platforms”.

No one listened, but yeah... many of the big games will %100 come to PlayStation and you’re either 1) Too blinded by fanboy tears to see reality or 2) Haven’t been paying attention to how Microsoft views “exclusivity” in their studios.

Last edited:

Mully87

Neo Member
I’ve been saying this since the acquisition was announced.

No one listened, but yeah... many of the big games will %100 come to PlayStation and you’re either 1) Too blinded by fanboy tears to see reality or 2) Haven’t been paying attention to how Microsoft views “exclusivity” in their studios.

This will be a fun post to come back to in the future

Humdinger

I heard Ryan McCaffrey talk about this yesterday. He thinks it is a "non-story." He said he knows Todd Howard well and what happened (in his view) is that Todd reflected the interviewer's statement ("it's hard to imagine") with his wry sense of humor. It didn't mean anything. It wasn't a signal that the game would not be exclusive. It was just Todd being Todd. And the original statement came from the interviewer, not from Todd Howard. Todd was just reflecting it with a dry or wry sense of humor.

That was Ryan's take anyhow. It sounded reasonable to me. I don't think Todd Howard would even hint that a franchise that will soon to be owned by MS would not be exclusive to MS platforms.

I'd prefer to have ES6 come to PS5, but I don't really care. I'll be getting an Xbox eventually to play Fable, Avowed, and Starfield. Whether ES6 is one of those exclusive games as well doesn't matter a whole lot to me. I'll play it somewhere. Probably for way too long.

Daymos

I can see the headline now "Elder Scrolls game director leaves Bethesda."

I wonder if he'll go to Sony or Nintendo... or maybe Rockstar? I doubt he'll quit and start his own game studio unless ES6 tanks.

Last edited:
I can see the headline now "Elder Scrolls game director leaves Bethesda."

I wonder if he'll go to Sony or Nintendo... or maybe Rockstar? I doubt he'll quit and start his own game studio unless ES6 tanks.

Rumor says he made 100 million from the MS deal. He could easily make his own studio but why would he? He and his team will be treated like royalty by MS. Makes zero sense to leave now.

Top Bottom