• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internet nostalgia in pictures

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Back when there were a ton of search engines, Jeeves was awesome.

ask-jeeves-question-search.jpg

Jennings

What's this one?
She had a very popular vlog about her and her husband. It focused both on their relationship and one of her favorite fitness routines. Her work can be found by googling any of these three things: "Heather Brooke", "Heather Harmon", or "ideepthroat."

VN1X

Banned
She had a very popular vlog about her and her husband. It focused both on their relationship and one of her favorite fitness routines. Her work can be found by googling any of these three things: "Heather Brooke", "Heather Harmon", or "ideepthroat."
Thanks! I will give it a look and see if my memory gets a jolt.

anthony2690

Banned
My first time going online was using the Prodigy service in 1989. There was a video games board on it that I would spend most of my time after school posting on, talking strategies for games, mostly Final Fantasy II(IV) for the SNES. Good times.
Wow, I wasn't even born when you was logging into prodigy.

uambZsx.jpg

Uh...I'd still hit that.
wonder what happened to her as she just disappeared. She would've made a killing had OF existed back then.
I do know she had some nudes leak out. I think she left not too long after that. But, yea, no idea what happened to her. Though, I do love this.

A lot of good memories on that thing, huh?
rs_1024x759-161107120558-1024AOL.jpg

You've Got Mail!
Here's how you know you're old. Playing Arcade Paradise and when you go on the computer, having your son ask what the heck is that noise.

Last edited:

jm89

Wikicafe1.jpg

There was a time when i'd go on metacafe more then youtube.

normal_1160639550.jpg

Above one many people may not be familiar with. If anyone knows deezer the music steaming service, it use to be blogmusik.net an illegal music steaming website before it became legit.

Also there is a show that i use to watch back in the 90s called bots masters. Some guy created a website for it in the late 90s and his website is literally stuck in time. As a software dev i find it super interesting kind of a look into the past how folks use to code websites .

KjUbeB8.png

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Seeing all this makes me remember how much hope and excitement I and many others had with tech, geek/nerd media, and gaming. The sky was the limit!

Now I am jaded, bitter, and wanting everything to burn to the ground as I see AAA games becoming increasily more shallow, mindless, and bland. Geek/Nerd media becoming inundated with slacktivists, and mentally ill cunts ruining the online space with their ignorance and hate.

Someone build me a time machine so I can go back to the 90s-early 2000s.

Droxcy

2000-2010 were the best years of the internet

The only way to keep all my AIMs organized
trillian-messenger-all-in-one-messaging-service-v0-3qq2x0trenf81.png

Countless hours spent in this chatbox
troll11.jpg

Gamebattles.com before it was Gamebattles. I still have my GB acc from 2005-2006
EfUshtL.png

I had found my old profile from 2003 on waybackmachine insane memories
ZSE0kl5.png

Top Bottom