• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interview with Yves Guillemot (PS4, cloud, Watch Dogs, Vita, Wii U sales,etc.)

To rephrase: you have nothing to say about the current sales of the Wii U?

We can not say we're satisfied with the sales of the Wii U. They were good in the United States in November / December, but did not go well in January 2013. We're waiting to see the evolution of things, we look at this closely.

Understatement of the year.

Looks bad for Wii U... if they drop it in 2015, that's not good at all.

I don't see that. Yves has often called Wii U next gen, so by his definition, Wii U would be in that transition.

The development process will be completely different for the Wii U than it will be for PS4 and Durango. Once it's no longer viable to downport everything for Wii U, they are going to drop it.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Looks bad for Wii U... if they drop it in 2015, that's not good at all.

The development process will be completely different for the Wii U than it will be for PS4 and Durango. Once it's no longer viable to downport everything for Wii U, they are going to drop it.

No. As I said, depends how wii u sells.

If it doesn't pick up, we may not even get the ports that are announced. Profitability on the system could be in question now, and that's always the bottom line answer. However, if it does pick up - and personally, I think it will once we hit some major Nintendo games - as long as that new % of consumer buys some third party games, the system will continue to get support. It just has to start selling more, and relatively soon.

Top Bottom