• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interviewing Yoshinori Ono (Capcom), We Need Your Questions!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hey guys, NYCC is this weekend and Yoshinori Ono has agreed to an interview. I'm teaming up with salromano for this, so we need your questions. It will be posted on Gematsu.com and here, of course, when it's finished.

Please keep it constructive and clean... the primary focus is Street Fighter x Tekken, but anything goes, really.

We'll select the best and report back here after the show!

1) I'm glad you went back to that avatar
2) As for a question. Ask about the future of the mainline Street Fighter franchise. What are ideas he has for part 5. Poach some info! I know he's thinking about it.

Glix

Are they worried about fatiguing the genre again? Have they done any studies on what happened last time?

LowParry

I got a question.

"In the past, Capcom Fighting Evolution gave us an original character by the name of Ingrid. With the recent reveal of Lili in Street Fighter x Tekken, Lili appears to have some similarities of Ingrid's moveset. Is there any heavy influence placed in Lili, and will we ever seen Ingrid in a future fighting game or Capcom series?"

Dram

Ask him if there were any discussions about adding characters from the first street fighter? Retsu, lee, joe etc.

TheOGB

Banned
Ask him what gender Poison is

I'm kidding

Ask about Darkstalkers and Rival Schools

or something actually about SFxT, like the whereabouts of Eddy and/or Christie. Or more seriously, about how close to completion the game is.

But really do ask about Street Fighter V, or wherever that's headed.

Dram

CcrooK said:
I got a question.

"In the past, Capcom Fighting Evolution gave us an original character by the name of Ingrid. With the recent reveal of Lili in Street Fighter x Tekken, Lili appears to have some similarities of Ingrid's moveset. Is there any heavy influence placed in Lili, and will we ever seen Ingrid in a future fighting game or Capcom series?"

I always thought that the girl balrog saves in his endings was Ingrid.

Bob White

First...

dont-believe-his-lies.jpg

Anyways, ask him about bringing back guard break. I know it's not in any upcoming games, but it would be cool to hear what he thinks of it.

With all the love Final Fight characters are getting in SSF4, MVC3 and now SFxT do you think it's time for the Final Fight series to make a return?

-When can we expect a new Rival Schools & Darkstalkers?
-Will we ever see the characters D.D. & Rook from Capcom Fighting All-Stars introduced into Street Fighter/other Capcom fighting games the way Ingrid was?
-Will we see characters from the original Street Fighter like Eagle, Joe & Geki re-appear in the Street Fighter series soon?
-Have you considered adding Saturday Night Slam Masters characters to the roster?

Thanks Kagari.

Any chance some non SF/FF Capcom characters will join SFxT?
Is there a challenge and survival mode?
will costume DLC from the SSFIV series work? (he hinted very early in development)
Limited Edition? Demo for the masses?
Release Date?

(Done)

notworksafe

Is Pandora mode is too punishing to use as is? Every stream I've seen of the game has the activator of Pandora losing.

Where did the ideas come from for some of the Tekken character's move sets? Julia and Kazuya seem like clones of their Tekken versions, but others like Lili and Raven seem to have very little in common with their Tekken version. Just curious why some characters were seen as needing to be changed.

Also, is the rumor about Juri not being used in the future in SF games because of a poor reception by the Korean media true?

-Eddman-

Glix said:
Are they worried about fatiguing the genre again? Have they done any studies on what happened last time?

This and I also want to know if there is any real interest from Capcom to make a new Darkstalkers.

Thanks.

Azure J

- We know the fans are hyped for the possibility of it, but what does Capcom personally think of a Darkstalkers 4, would they be as excited to work on the franchise again after so long?
- Vampire Hunter & Saviour Online Edition - How, When, Please & Thank You.
- What is the fate of characters that were proto Darkstalkers like Ruby Heart, Aminigo, & Sonson? Will we see them again in a Capcom fighting roster?
- Any non-Capcom fighters he's particularly interested in currently.
- Any current thoughts on what direction a Street Fighter V could take.
- Street Fighter X Tekken on Wii U & PC, yay or nay? Also, Nintendo Vs. Capcom.
-- (Not sure if he's the guy for this but can't hurt since he's Mr. Capcom Fighting Division) Any thoughts on Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom franchise and a possible sequel on Wii U or other systems?
-- Does Capcom plan on supporting PC gamers with more fighters as you develop them?

Good luck Kagari! :)

rbrogue

(re: sfxt)Is challenge mode still in, is it any more robust, and how will it work with team mates?

<DBJ>: ask for more panty shots

1) Is Mike Haggar going to be playable in SFXT?

2) What's next for 3DS?

3) Will you put Mega Man in Street Fighter since they won't put him in MVC3?

4) Will you put your fighting games on Wii U? What does he think of Wii U?

5) How about a new Final Fight?

6) Get him to give you the QR code for Harada's Mii.

7) Will the 2012 SFIV patch have any new characters or stages?

Very curious as to where Ono (and maybe the Japanese industry as a whole) see the fighting game genre in five years. Will we continue to get a new Capcom fighter/update every year or will production slow down? Or is there a long term plan to try to avoid the fighting game crash of the late nineties?

daffy

Banned
Ask him what is his favorite ramen. He'll probably say Shrimp Picante Style but hopefully he'll arrive at Salsa Picante Chicken before the interview is over. Thanks kags it would mean alot.

Question 1: Is Street Fighter IV complete, or will there be more characters added?

Question 2: In Tekken vs Street Fighter, what were the struggles of trying to make the two toally different fighting franchizes fit together. One using mostly "dial-a-combo" gameplay and the other using mostly charge and sweeping motions.

Question#1: Your fighters seem to be moving in a more fast paced direction centered around chains. Does this mean that your fighters will be more fast paced in the future compared to SFIV?

Question#2: What game would you like to work on next if you could have your pick?

Question#3: SFxTekken seems a lot more feature rich from the start compared to SFIV when it launched. Does this mean that your team has found these features(replay, specator, tournament mode, online training) to be very important for the consumer?

Question#4: Will your team continue to produce inherently powerful characters like Sagat, Yun and Yang or was it just something that occured by mistake?

Question#5: Third Strike online editions seems to be selling rather well on PSN/XBL. Is Capcom considering more projects of a similar nature?

Thanks for the opportunity, Kagari.

AZ Greg said:
Why no Vega in SFxT?

:(

Uhhh.......

Anyways will we be able to have a separate mode for non gem matches? (ala SC?)
Pandora seems to kill the user even when he is mid cinematic through the super that does eventually finish off the opponent yet only the pandora loses. Intentional? Or Tweaking?
Thoughts on the possibility of the PC version of the game and the platform in general.
Why no love for Kuma? ;_;

1. Street Fighter vs Kamen Rider?
2. Street Fighter musou type game?
3. Any planes for an original ip?
4. Would you create an AR fighting game for 3DS?

CO_Andy

+ Cap vs. SNK 3 -- any chance it can be outsourced to SNK to keep it 2D?

+ Will SF 5 be developed internally? Will MT Framework be used?

+ Why hasn't Lucia from Final Fight appeared in a Street Fighter yet?

- Would you consider making a new 2d Final Fight using the SF IV Engine?

-Where do you see SFxT fitting in the competitive scene? Or is it more geared towards fun?

Ferrio

Banned
-Ask him why he likes Blanka so much.
-Any chance of seeing Maki again? I love my foul mouthed ninjas.

+ Cap vs. SNK 3 -- any chance it can be outsourced to SNK to keep it 2D?

As much as I love SNK (least of old) NO NO NO this is bad idea.

kunonabi

Ask him why he hates Rose so damn much.

Seriously though, just ask about DS. Would he try and do a straight sequel or would he rather reboot it? Does he have any ideas on what kind of monsters he would want to add?

Top Bottom