• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

'Into the Badlands' is back with a super sized second season (10 episodes, up from the first season's 6), starting on Sunday, March 19 at 10/9c on AMC in the US and Tuesday, March 21 on Amazon Prime Video in the UK. The first season was a bit wonky during the talky bits, but damn if the fight scenes weren't spectacular. Here's to another season of of kung fu goodness!

Season 2 of 'Into the Badlands' finds Sunny and M.K. separated and scattered to the wind, each imprisoned in unlikely places. While M.K. struggles to control his powers, Sunny is determined to fight his way back into the Badlands to find his family or die trying. On their journey, Clipper and Colt are assisted by mysterious, new allies whose motivations may be anything but pure. Meanwhile, the Widow continues to consolidate power against the other Barons, while a dark and mysterious threat prepares to exact revenge on them all. Alliances are struck, friendships betrayed and, by season's end, Sunny and M.K.'s lives will be forever altered with devastating consequences.

Cast

• Sunny used to be a killing machine in Quinn's Fort, but now, he only has one goal: to get back to Veil and his baby.
  • M.K. is a young boy who is now training under a mysterious figure called "The Master" to conquer his darkness and control his strange abilities.
  • With Sunny gone, Veil will do whatever it takes to ensure her and her newborn's survival.

• A reformer and revolutionary, the Widow has big dreams for the Badlands that she isn't afraid to fight for with deadly force.
  • Back to serving the Widow as Regent of the Butterflies, Tilda's faith in her mother's cause is still shaken.
  • Waldo, now working with the Widow, wants to leave behind a better world than the one he was born into.

• Finally freed from his father, Quinn's, shadow, Ryder is thriving now as the new Baron - but personal conflicts threaten his power.
  • Born as a Cog in Quinn's Fort, Jade is a survivor who's climbed her way to the top - now married to Ryder, she leads Quinn's Barony with her new husband.
  • Lydia is struggling to adapt to her new station in life on Penrith's commune - and must choose between whether vengeance or love is the better path.

Other cast members include:

• Bajie is Sunny's irreverent and optimistic ally while they are stuck together in the mining prison and the Badlands beyond.

Videos and Links

Promo Photos

y6Squd3.png

L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

oh shit. Didn't think there'd be a season 2. That must be why Netflix just put up the 1st season. I dropped off at one point, but I think the last episode didn't even have any fights in and that's the reason we watch this.

xezuru

Not that it really matters in this type of show, but are there any changes/new writers or major staff? Can probably enjoy it regardless if they up the ante but it was definitely a week point.

So fucking hyped for this. Adored the first season and I still recommend it to everyone I can. Sucks that Iron Fist apparently turned out to be garbage but at least we'll still have this for batshit crazy action.

gforguava

Hopefully MK dies on the way back to his home planet. I didn't find most of the story or characters particularly interesting but MK was the only aspect of the show I hated.

Besides MK, I thought the biggest problem with the first season was how centered it was on Quinn and his Barony. Every time we got a glimpse of something/somewhere else it was infinitely more interesting but we always kept cutting back to Quinn and his rather boring family.

If they can improve on the non-asskicking aspects of the show this could be something truly special.

gforguava

Nobody is here for the non-ass-kicking aspects. Come on.
That is exactly why I said what I said. The plotting, narrative choices, and whatnot could make the show way more than a chore than it should have been. We are not talking about a show with wall to wall action here so having the majority of your show as fairly uninteresting just so you can get to a handful of minutes with awesome action is not good thing.

dabig2

I'll say this: Quinn's seemingly demise (I still have hope!) makes me worried cause that means his piece of shit son will be taking a bigger role and he was easily the worst part of the show. People rag on M.K but Ryder sucked way more. So the show has a lot of work to do with that. On the flipside, Quinn's departure means more time for Quaritch high jinks with Widow, which can only be a positive.

I'm also tentative about Lydia's plotline. I'm in total love with the actress so the more screentime she gets the better (doubly so if she takes it away from her son), but the show's attempt to make her Cersei light failed imo. I hope her foray into the mysticism of this world with her cult leader father at least gives us opportunities for more world building and that they improve on her character now that her situation has drastically changed.

I'm gonna miss Marton Czokas in the show a lot. Dude is fucking amazing at playing a hammy ass villain, but it's great to see Nick Frost is in this now.

WarRock

Don't remember shit about the status quo of the setting after the season finale and don't care. Just give me more Sunny and Widow spilling more blood, but also put me in the "curious about what is going to happen to Veil" camp.

I'll say this: Quinn's seemingly demise (I still have hope!) makes me worried cause that means his piece of shit son will be taking a bigger role and he was easily the worst part of the show. People rag on M.K but Ryder sucked way more. So the show has a lot of work to do with that. On the flipside, Quinn's departure means more time for Quaritch high jinks with Widow, which can only be a positive.
This! MK may get no sympathy for me but he is not a complete piece of shit that doesn't deserve a single thing he's gotten like Quinn, holy shit.

Going to try and watch the last couple of episodes this week to jog my memory. Can’t believe we get a season 2 bring on the fight sequences.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That 30 minute supercut is a better Season 1 than the actual Season 1

I never noticed how smooth that Widow fight is. She basically triple stabs them upwards to their neck in like five seconds flat.

Zyzyxxz

hopefully this gets better, action scenes are dope as everyone says but I hope they talk more about the old world.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
10 episodes? Uh oh, I predict even less fight scenes (and they were pretty much the only reason why I finished watching season 1).

Pachimari

I seriously hope they improve everything besides the fighting. I loved fights in Season 1 but it was a drag to get through even if it was only 6 episodes.

I'm excited. The first season was a surprising joy. Still sad about Quinn though, he was one of the more enjoyable characters in the show.

Just started season 1. 2 episodes in and really liking it so far. I think the only part of the show I don't like so far is the younger boy with whatever super powers...not sure if it's the character or the actor, but he doesn't quite fit in. Sticks out like a slightly sore thumb in all of his scenes.

Volimar

Just started season 1. 2 episodes in and really liking it so far. I think the only part of the show I don't like so far is the younger boy with whatever super powers...not sure if it's the character or the actor, but he doesn't quite fit in. Sticks out like a slightly sore thumb in all of his scenes.

Yeah he's not so great. The girl who plays Tilda is better.

TheFlow

Banned
Still the best fight scenes to ever grace cable. Season 1 despite being short had a ton of flaws.

The super cut available on YouTube is the best way to catch up on this show.

I love how this show embraces the craziness of martial arts, slow mo, and stunts.

This show is what I wanted from iron fist

Volimar

Still the best fight scenes to ever grace cable. Season 1 despite being short had a ton of flaws.

The super cut available on YouTube is the best way to catch up on this show.

I love how this show embraces the craziness of martial arts, slow mo, and stunts.

This show is what I wanted from iron fist

I liked almost all of them. Even the last one right up to the
stacking like it says in the title

Tagged for the guy still watching.

TheFlow

Banned
I liked almost all of them. Even the last one right up to the
stacking like it says in the title

Tagged for the guy still watching.
My least favorite stuff is the Ryder subplot and m.k stuff. The last episode fight is one of my favorites.

Geist-

In for more martial arts goodness. First season wasn't perfect, but it had some of the best fight scenes on television. Didn't know Nick Frost joined the cast, which makes me even more hype.

Renpatsu

So I binged Into The Badlands after coming off Iron Fist and after being initially sceptical I'm glad to say that I did. A pulpy Louisiana infused Wu Xia that knows exactly what it is. Characters are well realised and the first season lays some solid foundation for S2.

I read an interview with Wu that admitted the fighting and drama was a little bit disconnected and they hope to intertwine the two much further in the second season in order to rectify that which is reassuring.

Although Nick First joining the cast has me most excited.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight!

Tiger Pushes Mountain

In the Season 2 premiere, Sunny finds a new foe, as well as a new, unexpected ally. Meanwhile, MK learns about his gift in a mysterious place.

Top Bottom