Intro for a brasilian show | The characters kinda remind me of something... :P

Oct 26, 2006
5,510
0
0
#15
ah ah...

Yes, it looks too close. I am Brazilian so I can tell you that trademarks are respect here and it is the same as USA. However as in every country, a trademark has to be filled in the country to be valid (there is no such thing as international IP rights). I do not know if Sony filled something for LBP, since its gaming division is just entering the market here.

As even soo, there is a lot of subtle differences in both designs, a case like that would be difficult to hold. Yes, it reminds the game, but in a techical point of view they are as just different as the design of the shelf from the PS3 and the Foreman grill. Both looks similar, but complete different ;-)

And the worst thing that would do is to sell more sackboys for Sony.
 
Apr 16, 2007
8,192
0
0
#18
Chiaroscuro said:
ah ah...

Yes, it looks too close. I am Brazilian so I can tell you that trademarks are respect here and it is the same as USA. However as in every country, a trademark has to be filled in the country to be valid (there is no such thing as international IP rights). I do not know if Sony filled something for LBP, since its gaming division is just entering the market here.

As even soo, there is a lot of subtle differences in both designs, a case like that would be difficult to hold. Yes, it reminds the game, but in a techical point of view they are as just different as the design of the shelf from the PS3 and the Foreman grill. Both looks similar, but complete different ;-)

And the worst thing that would do is to sell more sackboys for Sony.
But they sit on a title that's made out of nuts n bolts etc...just like LBP. It's not just the characters.
 
Oct 26, 2006
5,510
0
0
#19
deepbrown said:
But they sit on a title that's made out of nuts n bolts etc...just like LBP. It's not just the characters.
And so is the title for the last Banjo game in Xbox 360. That is not a trademark, the trademark would be writing the logo of the game, in the same font/characterists, etc.

You cannot trademark the use of nuts in program names.
 
Apr 16, 2007
8,192
0
0
#23
Chiaroscuro said:
And so is the title for the last Banjo game in Xbox 360. That is not a trademark, the trademark would be writing the logo of the game, in the same font/characterists, etc.

You cannot trademark the use of nuts in program names.
OK...but the combination is uncanny....
 
May 14, 2009
108
0
0
#35
I came in here expecting something that seems like a game character and found something that seems devoid of ANY creativity. The worst is definitely the title screen when the background and title cuts in.

This is pathetic.
 
Feb 15, 2009
643
0
0
Buffalo, NY
#37
I feel sort of indifferent here... Yeah, the shapes are similar and stuff, and yes, it is very similar to Sack Boy....

But.. I don't know. Maybe I personally just don't care but I really don't see a whole lot wrong here...

Like I said, it's probably just me. Doesn't seem so bad, I've seen worse.
 

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Mar 27, 2006
2,213
0
0
#44
jbbb said:
Definitivelly, but can't they be sued for those as well? I think they should.
I think both cases could warrant a lawsuit, but the guys from Pânico na TV can plea for parody, as it is fair use.