• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intro for a brasilian show | The characters kinda remind me of something... :P

siarraweb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3EeswlY4Ng&eurl=

:lol

angry.jpg

:Motorbass said:
Why do people do this and think noone notices?

They probably think they are safe behind their border walls. Maybe they are. I don't know how national patents, trademarks and the like mix with international law.

ah ah...

Yes, it looks too close. I am Brazilian so I can tell you that trademarks are respect here and it is the same as USA. However as in every country, a trademark has to be filled in the country to be valid (there is no such thing as international IP rights). I do not know if Sony filled something for LBP, since its gaming division is just entering the market here.

As even soo, there is a lot of subtle differences in both designs, a case like that would be difficult to hold. Yes, it reminds the game, but in a techical point of view they are as just different as the design of the shelf from the PS3 and the Foreman grill. Both looks similar, but complete different ;-)

And the worst thing that would do is to sell more sackboys for Sony.

deepbrown

Chiaroscuro said:
ah ah...

Yes, it looks too close. I am Brazilian so I can tell you that trademarks are respect here and it is the same as USA. However as in every country, a trademark has to be filled in the country to be valid (there is no such thing as international IP rights). I do not know if Sony filled something for LBP, since its gaming division is just entering the market here.

As even soo, there is a lot of subtle differences in both designs, a case like that would be difficult to hold. Yes, it reminds the game, but in a techical point of view they are as just different as the design of the shelf from the PS3 and the Foreman grill. Both looks similar, but complete different ;-)

And the worst thing that would do is to sell more sackboys for Sony.
But they sit on a title that's made out of nuts n bolts etc...just like LBP. It's not just the characters.

deepbrown said:
But they sit on a title that's made out of nuts n bolts etc...just like LBP. It's not just the characters.

And so is the title for the last Banjo game in Xbox 360. That is not a trademark, the trademark would be writing the logo of the game, in the same font/characterists, etc.

You cannot trademark the use of nuts in program names.

El-Suave said:
This could get interesting, if they plan to expose a Sackperson's genitals as they're alluding to.
207ly7p.jpg

no, the black bar is part of the program intro.

It makes a satiry from several movies, including Indiana Jones and Mission Impossible.

deepbrown

Chiaroscuro said:
And so is the title for the last Banjo game in Xbox 360. That is not a trademark, the trademark would be writing the logo of the game, in the same font/characterists, etc.

You cannot trademark the use of nuts in program names.
OK...but the combination is uncanny....

Huttie0

Banned
I came in here expecting something that seems like a game character and found something that seems devoid of ANY creativity. The worst is definitely the title screen when the background and title cuts in.

This is pathetic.

I feel sort of indifferent here... Yeah, the shapes are similar and stuff, and yes, it is very similar to Sack Boy....

But.. I don't know. Maybe I personally just don't care but I really don't see a whole lot wrong here...

Like I said, it's probably just me. Doesn't seem so bad, I've seen worse.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hey, these guys are obviously not made of the same material as Sackboy, so I don't see the problem here!

...except that they look exactly the same in every other way.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
jbbb said:
Definitivelly, but can't they be sued for those as well? I think they should.

I think both cases could warrant a lawsuit, but the guys from Pânico na TV can plea for parody, as it is fair use.

Top Bottom