• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INVERSE: PSVR 2 Ironically Has the Same Launch Problems as the Xbox Series X. More proof Sony’s latest VR headset desperately needs exclusive games.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Let's see what gets announced.

Amazing hardware with a poor launch line up and an almost impossible business sector to compete in...its not looking good for psvr 2 which is a shame for what looks to be amazing tech.

They need to officially support PC ASAP.
What are you talking about? The system launched with a ton of games. It’s one of the best system launches I can remember when it comes to game output.

GT7, Demeo, Horizon, RE8, Pavlov, No Mans Sky, Pistol Whip, Kayak, Rez, Star Wars, Light Brigade, Swordsmen and they’re just some off the top of my head that I can remember. There’s plenty more.

No launch games? Stop it with that shit already.

Dude, 90 percent of these games are already on PC and have been ported from PC to psvr 2. What?? 😆

Ported with better graphics and updated content. Ported across to give console VR players access to new games they haven't had the opportunity to play before.

What's your views on PC games been ported to Xbox and vice versa? Is that suddenly a bad thing?

Devs were always going to code for more hardware. Very, very few developers are going to make an AAA VR game exclusive to PS5 without being financially incentivized by Sony.
No exclusive to VR2, but in porting it to consoles, it becomes a Sony exclusive by default. I'm not hung up on the exclusivity part, it's just that, as VR is a small market, if Sony sells 1 or 2 million headsets, those PC devs will bring those games to VR2 because it's the potential of another 2 million customers.
The VR market is that small that they really have to release as wide as possible.
I messed up the quotes, see above

When Quest 3 comes out this year, expect the higher end AA stuff to target that hardware too.
And it will be brilliant when it does. A rising tide lifts all boats. When devs leave behind PSVR1, Quest 1 and 2 and the early gens of VR, we will see more cross platform ports between PC and PS. Would anyone be surprised if PSVR2 games were ported to PC?

For anyone ragging on Sony about not having a half-life:alyx on launch. Ask yourself how long Valve/Steam had headset in the market before making Alyx? It sure as shit wasn't day one.

XXL

Software wise this one of the best launches in general.

If you don't think so
Whitney Houston GIF

Or shut the fuck up

Kayak VR is on PC, I own it and play it on my Index.
RE:Village has a VR mod on PC that is essentially identical to the official version, and probably better due to configuration options.

sendit

Kayak VR is on PC, I own it and play it on my Index.
RE:Village has a VR mod on PC that is essentially identical to the official version, and probably better due to configuration options.

I have RE:Village on PC and have tried the VR mod with my Rift 2. PSVR2 version is several steps above the PC modded version. This is mostly due to interactivity, control, and combat. I'm sure you know, VR isn't just about a perspective.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
He is saying damn, becuase even as a massive playstation fan he can clearly see there is nothing really in this launch line up that is enticing to the wider VR fanbase. If you are a VR fan you have these games and can hook your quest 2 up to your PC and play them in basically the same quality as psvr2

Dude, 90 percent of these games are already on PC and have been ported from PC to psvr 2. What?? 😆

But when is a console launch ever for the "wider" fanbase? They are for the hardcore. And not every VR enthusiast has a Quest 2. Plus I'm sure they'll be many people wanting to try out VR for the first time too.

sachos

Media's obsession with negative spins on PSVR2 is weird. This thing has more exclusives at launch than the Series X did and even more if you count the remasters that are way better on PSVR2 with the HDR, Eye tracking and haptics/triggers. What exclusive did Series X had at launch? I can't recall any.

Make a clickbaity article comparing to the Xbox and then refuse to properly do your job and compare the launch lineup window and exclusives.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Shitty unresearched article missing random launch games like Plants at War and Awesome Asteroids and thinking Kayak VR is exclusive when it's also on PC VR. Not every imbecile's opinion that can't even get basic facts right that you find online needs to have a thread to itself.
Media's obsession with negative spins on PSVR2 is weird. This thing has more exclusives at launch than the Series X did and even more if you count the remasters that are way better on PSVR2 with the HDR, Eye tracking and haptics/triggers. What exclusive did Series X had at launch? I can't recall any.

Make a clickbaity article comparing to the Xbox and then refuse to properly do your job and compare the launch lineup window and exclusives.
I'd say the media in general are extremely positive, even perhaps unfairly so compared to other VR platforms, just some like finding the random bs to flood the forum with when almost nobody has cared about any other article from that outlet or whatever to post here before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom