• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ion Fury devs patch out non-PC jokes and force all employees & contractors to undergo mandatory sensitivity training

Yoda

I deleted my positive review on steam. While I do still enjoy the game (not going post a negative review), I can't advocate for its purchase if they're going to censor folks on the steam's forums at ResetEra's behest.

Last edited:
MhlWt1V.png

SeN3tpm.png

I guess some REEE users are attempting some character assassination
If you're gonna pick a martyr I personally wouldn't pick Sergeant Mark IV. At best he's a rabid shitposter...at worst he might actually be an actual racist (hey, they might've gotten it right for once!) and a bit of an arsehole to boot. Though to be fair I'm basing that on stuff he did years ago. He may well have changed since then.

Edit: Oh, and he also seems to like stealing other people's work without permission or crediting them.

Last edited:

Acidizer

Banned
Extremely sad that they need to undergo this PR exercise, butchering their creative work in the process, just to appease such a pathetic mob. This is the mindset of some seriously stunted and damaged personalities. They need fucking psychiatry.

Management no doubt trembling that this is going to affect sales.

Oh man, I'd love to be in a position where they demanded something my team did gets changed to suit their agenda. They'd get trolled so fucking hard in game - and I predict this would BOOST sales, not hinder them.

As painfully pathetic as Reesetera are, companies really need to grow some balls. They don't hold a morsel of power.

Dada55000

And then he sold out to THQ Nordic.

It's the prefect storm to rustle the jimmies.
not even THQ, fucking the autonamous Koch Media sub-branch of THQ, for all the talk of THQ buying Warhorse, they fall under Deep Silver's umbrella of awesome business decisions, can't wait for them to fuck up the sequel by mandating stupid shit

NickFire

Gave a 👎 for the game.
Only stating i lost trust in the dev as they might cut more stuff in the future.

Damn shame for such a great game.
Retardera is such a lovely cute place
IMO, we aren't better if we review devs instead of their games. I do understand your point though, and believe its a valid criticism even though the actual changes seem pretty benign. I would not have commented if you said that your review was "the game has a history of being censored to appease critics." Same message, but does not review the devs.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
IMO, we aren't better if we review devs instead of their games. I do understand your point though, and believe its a valid criticism even though the actual changes seem pretty benign. I would not have commented if you said that your review was "the game has a history of being censored to appease critics." Same message, but does not review the devs.
I stated the game was good when i initially bought it. I just lost a bit of trust in the team behind it.
And i think stating that in a review is not the worst imo.

NickFire

I stated the game was good when i initially bought it. I just lost a bit of trust in the team behind it.
And i think stating that in a review is not the worst imo.
No its not the worst, and I may be splitting hairs. I just really detest the tactics of the censorship brigade and want to avoid ever wading into those waters. I

crowbrow

Banned
I wonder if retarderans are aware how closely they replicate puritan moralism in its most pathetic form. Censorship, witch hunts and self-proclaimed moral superiority are all there. Who am I kidding, these people are the least self-aware hypocrites on the internet.

What tarderans do, is basically this with some slight changes.

2019-08-14_110031.jpg

Barnabot

If you're gonna pick a martyr I personally wouldn't pick Sergeant Mark IV. At best he's a rabid shitposter...at worst he might actually be an actual racist (hey, they might've gotten it right for once!) and a bit of an arsehole to boot. Though to be fair I'm basing that on stuff he did years ago. He may well have changed since then.

Edit: Oh, and he also seems to like stealing other people's work without permission or crediting them.
lol "pick a martyr". Talk about overreaction.
The guy was right on the money when created that thread. So I'll have to agree with him regardless of what he did in the past.

lol "pick a martyr". Talk about overreaction.
The guy was right on the money when created that thread. So I'll have to agree with him regardless of what he did in the past.
I agree with him on that too...I just don't think you can call it a character assassination when he assassinated his own character lol

One of the developers of WRATH: Aeon of Ruin is Skacky, the moderator on the 3D Realms Discord banning everyone after this trainwreck.

I think it's safe to say that all 3D Realms stuff is tainted, the publisher seems inseparable from the development. Don't take my word for it though, I can't view the Discord anymore.

Hotspurr

Banned
These companies better grow a pair soon. If anything they should realize that this kind of controversy will make their games more popular and help push back against all the SJW insanity. How bad has ResetEra gotten? Last time I read they were banning people for saying that transgenders can have an unfair advantage in women's sports.

El Sabroso

These companies better grow a pair soon. If anything they should realize that this kind of controversy will make their games more popular and help push back against all the SJW insanity. How bad has ResetEra gotten? Last time I read they were banning people for saying that transgenders can have an unfair advantage in women's sports.

since the very beginning they made a thread on women representation in gaming with some lines of things you cannot say, basically everything but dick riding their opinion, what is really more stupid is that they have automod for certain words because can be offensive slurs, is just censorship at the most stupid levels

I really think is really a mistake to review bad this game just to be angry that devs or publisher were scared by them, I know they should just ignore them and none of this drama actually changes something in the game that has impact in the gameplay, hope they learned the lesson of never listen to man babies again

petran79

Banned
Some poor sod over at REE banned for having the gall to post this obscenity:

Remember guys that while he [the dev] has some opinions you may or may not agree with, he has not hurt anybody, lets not transform this thread into a witch hunt

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mind blown.

Reason: account in junior phase

Shouldn't a junior phase account make mods more lenient? They've lost it totally

Doczu

3DRealms discord requires verification to post. Thatand the deletion of tweets and initial steam censorship shows they went into full retreat. Looks like the backlash was higher than anticipated.

Barnabot

3DRealms discord requires verification to post. Thatand the deletion of tweets and initial steam censorship shows they went into full retreat. Looks like the backlash was higher than anticipated.
Backslash from who? The kids from ResetEra or the people who actually bought the game? The publisher gotta check their priorities first.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Everything sounds groovy except that. Trevor Project is a fine charity, at least as much as any other.

That, and even with the stupid circumstances, it's really shitty to back out of donating to a charity. They're stuck one way or the other.

I think there'd be less of an issue if they said they wouldn't edit the actual game content. Yeah, they fed the trolls, but at least it wouldn't affect the actual game (minor as the edits are).

Doczu

Backslash from who? The kids from ResetEra or the people who actually bought the game? The publisher gotta check their priorities first.
Backlash from customers, potential customers and people disliking the fact they caved in. Most likely they thought "oi, we won't be the first one to apologize and pander for some petty shit, people mostly don't care."

Is this the first time the backlash for censorship was this big?

Barnabot

Backlash from customers, potential customers and people disliking the fact they caved in. Most likely they thought "oi, we won't be the first one to apologize and pander for some petty shit, people mostly don't care."

Is this the first time the backlash for censorship was this big?
I guess so. They are setting a new precedent.

Some poor sod over at REE banned for having the gall to post this obscenity:

Remember guys that while he [the dev] has some opinions you may or may not agree with, he has not hurt anybody, lets not transform this thread into a witch hunt

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mind blown.

I ended up choosing between resetera and NeoGaf while looking for a gaming forum to join, after years of only being on a more techy and serious forum (B3D is a wonderful place but I'm searching for my long lost inner gaming enthusiast).

I noticed that there was probably a greater proportion of posters whose social and political viewpoints I disagreed with here, but far more scope to actually discuss things.

Looking at things like the above, it seems like I'd probably have been perma'd (in "junior" phase!) if I'd joined resetera.

Acidizer

Banned
Reason: account in junior phase

Shouldn't a junior phase account make mods more lenient? They've lost it totally

Mind police in full control. I think they used to do that here, it's a form of control. Like you are under surveillance and best toe the line and lose all sense of independent thought. Reminds me of the cold war and Nazi era shenanigans. You'd think that was an inflammatory and outlandish statement but it's the same shit. I see warnings from big brother pinned onto posts like badges of shame for everyone to see. I think they still do that here too, which doesn't sit well with me, it's wanky as hell at best, but REE are on a whole other level.

Last edited:

SweetShark

The sad thing is that some bans in ResetFury Forum are for people who wanted to have a normal discussion and see with an alternative view the whole situation.

Lol, NOPE!!! Get a ban and shut up!!!! Get angry to them! They are bad people! Bad bad bad people!!! They are EVIL!!!

Orta

Banned
Every reference to resetera that is posted anywhere online should have an automatic, further reference to paedos until the place is synonymous to all with noncery.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Every reference to resetera that is posted anywhere online should have an automatic, further reference to paedos until the place is synonymous to all with noncery.

If you search Twitter of any social media site for “ResetERA” pretty much everything returned is negative.

decisions

ResentERA and 3DRealms really fucked these guys. I still get the feeling the publisher wrote the apology and not the devs, but because buying the game and supporting the apology are mutually inclusive now, the devs get hit.

MiguelItUp

Well...f* me sideways with a rubber spatula. Most of those are completely benign. Just wow. Are they all busy reading Mein Kampf over there?

Right? I knew it was ridiculous, but wow. Some of these are just ridiculous, lol. If you're on a forum where you're concerned that any little thing could get you banned, how is that enjoyable? Sounds awful. A lot of those legitimately didn't sound bad to me, and they were banned for such ridiculous reasons...

Yeah, this whole mess is incredibly unfortunate. Voidpoint is clearly a team of talented folks, I mean, Ion Fury is really solid. I'm pretty bummed because with all of things going on a part of me is wondering if multiplayer and/or co-op will even make it in. :(

Top Bottom