• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ion Fury devs patch out non-PC jokes and force all employees & contractors to undergo mandatory sensitivity training

Barnabot

I'm no lawyer but isn't that the case for devs prosecute this Twenty5Thousand Era user since he manipulated a forum to a fake outrage against the dev? Needless to say it was in bad faith.
I mean money has been lost because of that fake outrage.
I know Era can only blame themselves for their hubris to cancel everything and everyone including their momma but someone took advantage of their stupid M.O.

Sadly, while the Era staff could quite possibly confirm if those posters are the same person, or atleast fail to rule out that they're not...I don't think they care that they got weaponized. They'll probably just paint it as "a TrOlLiNg AnD mIsInFoRmAtIoN cAmPaIgN" from..."the old place"...because apparently we're Voldemort. Maybe they do care that they got weaponized but they're too up their own asses to admit it because to admit it would be to admit that they are a problem.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I'm no lawyer but isn't that the case for devs prosecute this Twenty5Thousand Era user since he manipulated a forum to a fake outrage against the dev? Needless to say it was in bad faith.
I know Era can only blame themselves for their hubris to cancel everything and everyone including their momma but someone took advantage of their stupid M.O.
If they can sue him for this then every games writer that’s posted outrage clickbait would get sued to oblivion.

In other words, it won’t happen.

Barnabot

If they can sue him for this then every games writer that’s posted outrage clickbait would get sued to oblivion.

In other words, it won’t happen.
Good thing is that If that ever happenst then those same journos would actually need to do their jobs of verifying the news before posting it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Sadly, while the Era staff could quite possibly confirm if those posters are the same person, or atleast fail to rule out that they're not...I don't think they care that they got weaponized. They'll probably just paint it as "a TrOlLiNg AnD mIsInFoRmAtIoN cAmPaIgN" from..."the old place"...because apparently we're Voldemort. Maybe they do care that they got weaponized but they're too up their own asses to admit it because to admit it would be to admit that they are a problem.
They'll just spread the usual bullshit narrative regarding sophnar0747 sophnar0747 and try to discredit her.

GHG

Gold Member

The problem is laws for that sort of thing are not yet sophisticated or robust enough to be able to tackle issues like that if it's true.

I know I've already mentioned it earlier in the thread and I risk sounding like a shill by saying it again but you need to watch The Great Hack to see how deep the rabbit hole goes and how difficult it is to actually prosecute arseholes who are involved in these types of activities.

Whitesnake

Banned
REE’s banning of Aintitcool is funny as fuck, but it made me think of something.

It must really chap the asses of ResetEra users that people on here, KF, and Twitter can dunk on them all day every day, but if they try to talk about it or retaliate they get banned from REE. It makes sense from the moderation’s standpoint, their userbase is so rabid that if they allowed shitflinging and drama then it’d take over the entire site. Especially since they’re not very good at it, and REE already has a reputation for being deranged.

But it also alienates users from the moderators. Wannabe ideologues and virtue-signalers want to pretend to be above everyone else, and being forced to remain quiet and not give in to drama just doesn’t compute with them. Despite how deranged and “woke” the moderators are, their insistence that people not engage with the users of other forums makes them not woke enough in the eyes of a lot of users. From what little I’ve seen of ResetEra users talking about the site from outside of the grasp of the moderators (unofficial discords, social media, etc) there seems to be unrest from even the woke contingent of users because even they are fed up with the mods’ inconsistent moderation style.

EDIT: Oh shit I meant to post this in the Off-site thread.

Last edited:

spectyre

I know; maybe I wasn't totally clear. I'm just saying, it's fine to be annoyed by this, and really... we probably should be. But we shouldn't be as shitty as Reset is in making our point.
While I agree with taking the high road, look what's going on around us. Soon it will be a crime to use the word "she" when describing an obvious female because they "identify" as male. There needs to be pushback of like kind or we will just get more and more of this type of thought regulation. Sadly, the high road mentality is not effective anymore.

Reactions: Fuz

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
... and cancel that 10k donation

Why? 10k isn't breaking 3D Realms bank and its a charity meant to stop alienated people (mostly men) from killing themselves. The donation is like the least controversial aspect of this whole situation lol

Digity

Why? 10k isn't breaking 3D Realms bank and its a charity meant to stop alienated people (mostly men) from killing themselves. The donation is like the least controversial aspect of this whole situation lol
More of an empty gesture as they got called out for some nonsense. Not like they had already planned on making the donation.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
More of an empty gesture as they got called out for some nonsense. Not like they had already planned on making the donation.

They likely have funds set aside for charitable contributions, as many businesses do. Trevor Project is a 501(c)(3) so its even tax deductible.

Enjay

Banned
This is pretty hilarious and as much as I hate "that side" of everything I have to give them credit for making this happen. Also good news out of this because now I know never to give any money or positive word to ion storm whatever or it's studio.

Last edited:
I played a good bit last night and the Ogay bottle was still there.

There's a mod on moddb that changes it to Soyp. :ROFLMAO:

MZxhNjC.jpg

Acidizer

Banned

Era is like Greenpeace for gaming.

Acidizer

Banned

While that is commendable the work the charity does, there are countless other charities... just seems so random and unconnected. Like they are trying to buy their way out of trouble. No-one is seeing a bottle of OGAY and going to kill their selves or even feel bad - why wouldn't a gay person see that and have a chuckle? Resetera victimizes them on their behalf.

3D Realms or Ion Fury devs got themselves into this trouble. Sounds like the doings of a jobsworth PR fool. Would best have said nothing, but appeasing the baying mob must have seemed like a good idea at the time. They would only intensify their attacks. They even claim the situation was "resolved", using it as an excuse to lock the thread, They have a history of misinformation and propaganda like the time they deleted a THQ poll that made them look like fools when people voted the wrong way.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ya know what? Fuck all the haters. Fuck all the SJWs. Fuck all the Anti-SJWs. Fuck everyone. Except the developers.

I just bought this game from GOG. I felt the developers deserved my support and I read that this game is great. I want to support them. I seriously doubt that this game is ruined because they patched out a joke.

I look forward to playing this game and my gut feeling is that I will enjoy it immensely.

Last edited:
Ya know what? Fuck all the haters. Fuck all the SJWs. Fuck all the Anti-SJWs. Fuck everyone. Except the developers.

I just bought this game from GOG. I felt the developers deserved my support and I read that this game is great. I want to support them. I seriously doubt that this game is ruined because they patched out a joke.

I look forward to playing this game and my gut feeling is that I will enjoy it immensely.
You triggered my naughty bits. Now watch me whip whip watch me nay nay.

FranXico

You did good. You made the gaming gods proud.

Shmunter

My comprehensive article about the controversy is now online. Enjoy.

Bravo Sophia. Just finished reading your article.

It is unfortunate the devs get paid for sales which have been sabotaged directly at multiple stages by all actors. The devs should get compensated by 3dr for going against their wishes with the PR response.

It’s incredible how all the sites with clout and resources are nothing but cut and pasting each other (probably colluding), yet an independent Like yourself does actual investigative journalism.

Hope you creat a video from your hard work also.

sophnar0747

Bravo Sophia. Just finished reading your article.

It is unfortunate the devs get paid for sales which have been sabotaged directly at multiple stages by all actors. The devs should get compensated by 3dr for going against their wishes with the PR response.

It’s incredible how all the sites with clout and resources are nothing but cut and pasting each other (probably colluding), yet an independent Like yourself does actual investigative journalism.

Hope you creat a video from your hard work also.

Originally I intended to release a video and this article at the same time, but I burned myself out this week and needed some time to refresh. I’ll still have a video soon

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Era won't be happy till they've neutered the entire gaming industry will they?
Makes me want to throw up knowing how they circle jerk to every one of these little victories validating their sense of self importance.

We won. The OGAY stays. Fuck censorship.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Fuck censorship indeed and fuck the outrage mob(Re) Can't wait to see their little heads explode over this. If they are even allowed to post about it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Well, well, well. This is an interesting turn of events.

Acidizer

Banned
Fuck censorship indeed and fuck the outrage mob(Re) Can't wait to see their little heads explode over this. If they are even allowed to post about it.

The thread was shut down sharpish after they got exposed. In fact I find it hard to believe there were no posts about it that day, did mods delete anything? It's wouldn't be the first thing they deleted to cover up them being in the wrong.

They all know they got played something awful yet not a single acknowledgement from anyone over there. I wonder if this will temper their rabid ways.

It will be a brave soul who posts about this over there - or just a lunatic wanting to take it to the next level.

Either way I am glad over this, FUCK them. Thankfully 3DR/Voidpoint came to their senses and thanks to
sophnar0747 sophnar0747 for some actual games journalism - a rarity these days.

Eurogamer covered the story and the commentators fell for it hook line and sinker. Sad but that outlet has been increasingly fishing for outrage clicks in their copy/pasted pieces and stunk up their DOA 6 review with nauseating virtue signalling, garnering literally 10x the comments that their DOA 5 review did - the proof is in the pudding sadly. It's a race to the bottom but this is a small victory :messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Wonderful. This game is coming back to my must buy list.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
What else could they really do? They must have realized that you can never make it right with these zealots and by bending the knee you'll just end up turning away even more people.
They should have realised that in the first place. Like any adult with a functioning brain

To be perfectly blunt.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good on Voidpoint.

I take back my post last week calling them spineless. I will edit my post when I get home from work.

No matter what game is made you will always have haters.

Dont bend devs.

Now if its something totally out of context like making a child pedo game or high school shooter simulator that can be in poor and illegal taste, but making a game based on homage to a classic shooter, do it.

Dont let virgin soyboys who represent probably 1% of sales skew your strategy.

Fuck, look what happened to Gillette after only a couple TV ads.

Shmunter

Good gravy Batman!

This saga has more twists and turns than a cheap garden hose.

Break out the champagne ladies and gentlemen, this is monumental.

Last edited:
They should have realised that in the first place. Like any adult with a functioning brain

To be perfectly blunt.
I reckon it's probably just a big PR fumble. You've got to remember both VP and 3DR are small and 3DR isn't made up of industry veterans like it once was. These are just guys who got the cash together and became 3DR.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I reckon it's probably just a big PR fumble. You've got to remember both VP and 3DR are small and 3DR isn't made up of industry veterans like it once was. These are just guys who got the cash together and became 3DR.
Yeah, maybe. I like to forgive and forget. But, I find it hard to forgive stupid and hard to forgive weak.

We’ll see. Time will tell.

Top Bottom