• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ion Fury |OT|: Maiden Heaven!

BigAssBoy

Here's a bunch of cheat codes to enter in the options menu on the main menu. You can activate them when starting a new gamer or chapter by going into the in-game options menu.

IMGOD = Toggle God Mode
IMFREE = Toggle Clipping
IMLOST = Toggle Show All Map
IMD4N = Toggle God Mode + Everything
IMAFK = Give Everything
IMREALBUILDER = Toggle Debug Data
OMG these are not paid DLC. Makes this even more of a must buy.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I thought this was on the PS4 store :( ?IS ti coming to consoles or do i need to get it on steam?

cormack12

Gold Member

Ta! I'll just wait it out then, although it looks kinda fun :-|

Helios

Damn, there are some really weird secrets :messenger_tears_of_joy:. I won't spoil it but it's in "Corporate Chaos" and is a bit hard to get.
Also :

oPhfOea.png

Last edited:

Hosam6xavi

Banned
I'm going to buy it today on my switch i know the game is good

but my main reason is to piss off reeeeestera idiots

Edit : it's not out yet .. but still going buy it when it release lool

Last edited:
I'm loving this game! I'm a few hours in now and had a ton of fun with the fast paced combat and I've had more than a few chuckles at the humor/easter eggs. I was playing it on my ultrawide but it just feels right to play it on my 4:3 CRT instead!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the game is really dope.
Are there any hints on when it comes to PS4?

Also, does it have auto run?
yes auto run is on from the start. you can hold SHIFT down if you want to walk.

just discovered the secondary shot on the pistol and wow this is great. if you haven't tried it out yet, look into it. instantly unlocking so much more for me from this one weapon. pretty decent range on it as well!

GrayFoxPL

the game is really dope.

just discovered the secondary shot on the pistol and wow this is great. if you haven't tried it out yet, look into it. instantly unlocking so much more for me from this one weapon. pretty decent range on it as well!
Thanks.

the game is really dope.

HA! It took me a while to figure this out too and boy did it make those flying fuckers easier to deal with!

Voidpoint said they're aiming for late 2019 or Early 2020 for the PS4, XB1 and Switch versions of the game. They're gonna be physically released too.

DXdJHMj.png

Just er....ignore the name!
Wait, that's illegal.
I've got a friend who's waiting on the PS4 version. He might be able to run it on his laptop...then again it might set fire.

Davey Cakes

Bought this on impulse tonight. Played with mouse+keyboard on my 2012 laptop.

Within the first few minutes:

“This just feels right.”
“This is FPS as I remember them.”
“Holy hell, it all comes back now!”

Playing this game is like snapping back into it.

JSoup

Banned
I'm not a huge FPS guy, but...

Damn, there are some really weird secrets :messenger_tears_of_joy:. I won't spoil it but it's in "Corporate Chaos" and is a bit hard to get.
Also :

oPhfOea.png

...I get that reference and the game is now on my 'perhaps' list.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Anyone else running into some weird frame rate dips? RTSS isn't playing nicely, it seems.

Edit: FWIW, it's probably not that my computer can't run it.

RzMpKWx.jpg

Anyway, played a bit more, and that issue aside, I love it. The mechanics are some of the most enjoyable I've ever seen in an FPS... like, I don't think I've been so impressed with the feeling of shooting stuff since maybe FEAR. Shooting stuff feels good. Dodging projectiles feels good. And the guns sound awesome -- they're loud, and you can feel that shit coming out of the sub. And the music's fantastic.

They nailed it.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
The AI in this game really needs some debugging. I had enemies stuck on door corners so often it's crazy. Also, the mech boss was bullshit. Had to cheeze him.

Helios

Anyone else running into some weird frame rate dips? RTSS isn't playing nicely, it seems.
Yeah, not a lot but they happen from time to time. Usually when there are a lot of explosions but not all the times. I'm not sure exactly why. The second boss the dropship or whatever was quite annoying because of those.
Also, the mech boss was bullshit. Had to cheeze him.
I didn't have that much problems once I figured out that bowling balls do serious damage to him. Clear the adds that spawn to the left and than to the right and than spam bowls while dodging. The hitscan weapons were still annoying though. There's also a secret with super armor close to where you enter the area.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I didn't have that much problems once I figured out that bowling balls do serious damage to him. Clear the adds that spawn to the left and than to the right and than spam bowls while dodging. The hitscan weapons were still annoying though. There's also a secret with super armor close to where you enter the area.
The Damage dealt wasn't even the problem. It was that I couldn't figure out how to evade taking damage since the mech kept destoying my cover. I had no idea what to do, so I ended up in a corner where wouldn't venture to and them kept thorwing grenades at him.

JCK75

As much as I loved Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem back in the day, I sincerely cringe at the thought of buying a Build Engine game in 2019.
But watching the Devs shit on the Woke brigade means I simply have to buy it.

Ellis

Eduke32 has always had frame pacing issues, unfortunately. You kind of have to compromise with it.

No V-sync and high frame-rate will be the smoothest experience, but you'll get tearing ( less the higher your fps )

V-sync and capped frame-rate will feel incredibly inconstant at times, and pretty much always stutter.

Last edited:

-Minsc-

I've really tempted to buy this game. Maybe in 10 years, at that point I hopefully will be in a better position to actually enjoy taking the time to play the game.

As for for the people flipping out over this game...

I'm imagining Shelly's Twitter. #notdukette

edit: Actually no, the character wouldn't use that hashtag, the people would.

Last edited:
lol...some REEra users want to remove their OT and ban discussion of Ion Fury entirely. Yup. Totally not nutjobs. Totally not horribly authoritarian. A bunch of them have had it removed from their libraries (despite not getting refunds). Imagine going out of your way to cut off your nose to spite your face.

In other news...Ion Fury is great. Play it.

Last edited:
Looks like they're patching out some of the stuff people took exception to: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...sy-ion-fury-developers-apologize-for-employee

Not that I feel particularly strongly about having or not having tongue-in-cheek jokes that might offend people in a game, but kind of annoying to see them give in.

It just encourages more of this shite.

People need to start ignoring or outright saying no to these idiots. It’s just a power trip for them and actions like this are positive feedback.

Ivory Blood

Looks like they're patching out some of the stuff people took exception to: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...sy-ion-fury-developers-apologize-for-employee

Not that I feel particularly strongly about having or not having tongue-in-cheek jokes that might offend people in a game, but kind of annoying to see them give in.
it seems we've been celebrating common sense a little too early. Wow, and donating money to some money laundering scheme shit. Hoo boy.

Edit: Mandatory sensitivity training? wtf is it some kind of brainwashing chamber from 1984 or something.

Last edited:

Well then, you cave in to sjw you lose a customer. I have not seen anything on Steam or their twitter. What the hell are they removing from the game...?

eot

Banned
it seems we've been celebrating common sense a little too early. Wow, and donating money to some money laundering scheme shit. Hoo boy.

Edit: Mandatory sensitivity training? wtf is it some kind of brainwashing chamber from 1984 or something.
The sensitivity training has to be a joke

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well then, you cave in to sjw you lose a customer. I have not seen anything on Steam or their twitter. What the hell are they removing from the game...?

There's a perfume bottle in the game that says "Ogay" instead of "Olay." Which is going to incite a lot of violence against LGBTs.

Hmmm... :unsure:

"Members of Voidpoint’s Ion Fury team have made sexist and transphobic comments, and included homophobic language in Ion Fury. We recognize these statements are insensitive, unacceptable, and counterproductive to causes of equality. We unequivocally apologize both for these comments and language as well as for any pain they have caused the gaming community, particularly women and members of the LGBTQ community. We take full responsibility for any damage that has been done to the relationships we've worked so hard to build.

Moving forward, Voidpoint will institute a zero-tolerance policy for this type of language and all employees and contractors will undergo mandatory sensitivity training. As part of our efforts to contribute to the work that must be done to further support these communities, we are donating $10,000 from Ion Fury's release day proceeds to The Trevor Project. We are also patching Ion Fury ASAP to remove all unacceptable language."

How to go from Ion Fury to Ion Flaccid in one single public apology.

lol, I mean... at some point, that's kind of just as petty as what Resetera people do. If you insist, though, GOG does let you roll back versions of your games. Not sure if that's the case on Steam.

Not at all and in this case I'll just beat the game and move on to something else.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The sensitivity training has to be a joke
Meh this is the kind of HR training every company does. We do website design and had to attend similar last year.

It’s basically there to say “we did what is required of PR” so yeah this seems like doing the minimal, I’m not gonna get mad at a company for doing what every company in the world does.

The patching out of stuff sucks I admit but if they already patching it then it must have been in the works in case of just such an event. I wouldn’t be surprised if they knew the outrage bs that would happen and prepared in advanced

Last edited:
Top Bottom