• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

kr2t0s

I'm not sure if I trust that passsource site. I wouldn't use it for gift cards, what if someone steals your numbers somehow, lol

I believe the passource site is just a, 'what things could look like' type of thing. No way in hell would I trust it to generate anything with sensitive data

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Man that's confusing. I went to make a store card and there's a hundred questions for things I don't know! I just want to enter a barcode number! And no way to preview it. It also created a weird blocky pixel style code and not a barcode. I need a traditional barcode.
There are pre-made templates for certain stores. So there aren't a million questions to scroll through.
I just need to figure out how to change the bar code type on those.

I'm not sure if I trust that passsource site. I wouldn't use it for gift cards, what if someone steals your numbers somehow, lol

Heh, yeah, I felt the same way. haha

The music chart organization is atrocious. Instead of one chart you scroll down it's broken down into blocks of five songs that you have to swipe across. Nuts!

KingKong

Are you fucking kidding me? That's completely stupid and bad UI. It may be pretty but it's not that functional.

It's not even pretty. They have to cut off each section to identify that its scrollable horizontally but it ends up looking like crap

Achuq.png

gamma

Guys, my iPad 2 just finished updating. So I'm going though the first time configuration screen and when he asks me for my wifi I choose it and then a Safari window slides up from the bottom with apple.com loaded to a site that doesnt exist? If I click abort it closes the window and it disconnects my wifi again.

wtf

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Guys, my iPad 2 just finished updating. So I'm going though the first time configuration screen and when he asks me for my wifi I choose it and then a Safari window slides up from the bottom with apple.com loaded to a site that doesnt exist? If I click abort it closes the window and it disconnects my wifi again.

wtf
Was about to post regarding this exact issue.

Neither a 4 or 4S here can hold the Wi-Fi signal, which is weird because it was working ok for a while after the update. I don't think it's my router since the other appliances are working normally, including an iOS 5 iPad. It looks like it connected, then loses the signal and brings up a "login" window to apple.com that takes me nowhere.

Neither a 4 or 4S here can hold the Wi-Fi signal, which is weird because it was working ok for a while after the update. I don't think it's my router since the other appliances are working normally, including an iOS 5 iPad. It looks like it connected, then loses the signal and brings up a "login" window to apple.com that takes me nowhere.

I was coming here to post about this exact issue.

Just updated my 4S to iOS 6 and now my phone won't stay connected to wifi . . . great

KHarvey16

I have precisely the same issue.

jb1234

I don't even get that far. It just tells me that I'm unable to join the network. It's maddening.

How is it broken? First i hear of this.

I don't think it's a widespread problem... but it seems to happen to at least someone with each iOS update.

Haribo

Banned
Now I've unified my phone number with my Apple ID and it's working great, I'd like this to be my only contact point for messages. I've deleted the email address from my iPhone/iPad (iMessage settings) so send & receive is only my phone number. In the iMessage preferences on Mountain Lion, I've unticked my email address so only the phone number is showing up.

I thought this was sorted, however one of my friends said she was texting me but they were not getting through. This is because she was texting my email address which I now no longer receive anything at, can this be decommissioned? When I start a new message on my partners phone and select my email address it still has the blue iMessage icon showing up as if it's still a contact point, meaning people will still be able to send me messages that I won't get.

Can an email address be completely dissociated with iMessage in any way?

Thoraxes

I came here to check that the wi-fi thing wasn't just me.

Thank goodness. Also good thing it's at the end of my busy times, so I don't need to check my shit on the go till next Monday.

iPod Touch wi-fi don't work at all. I just get a thing to log into an apple page that doesn't exist.

Copied from macrumors and it makes sense:

Here is what is going on. Ever since iOS 4(?) there has been a feature where if you connect to a WiFi network it will try to ping this site:http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html

If it is a success then it lets you connect, if it is not a success the phone trys to bring up what would be a Login page for corporate wifi networks. Example, public access points that have a login page, etc.

It seems that some moron at Apple deleted the file located at http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html and that is why it is not working.

This is not an iOS 6 issue but rather a problem with Apple's website.

Still unacceptable . . .

wtf

I'm getting this same issue on my iPhone 4.

CrankyJay

Banned
Damn, iOS6 won't let me join my home network on my iPhone 4. Works just fine on my iPad though.

Tried rebooting the phone and forgetting/re-entering my network password. It brings me to some Apple Log in page and then it says "page cannot be found."

Copied from macrumors and it makes sense:

Here is what is going on. Ever since iOS 4(?) there has been a feature where if you connect to a WiFi network it will try to ping this site:http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html

If it is a success then it lets you connect, if it is not a success the phone trys to bring up what would be a Login page for corporate wifi networks. Example, public access points that have a login page, etc.

It seems that some moron at Apple deleted the file located at http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html and that is why it is not working.

This is not an iOS 6 issue but rather a problem with Apple's website.

Still unacceptable . . .

If that was the case, wouldnt it happen to everyone?

Same wifi problem here - asking me to login. What the fuck. Also the new maps is horrific. Hopefully not long until Google release their own.

Top Bottom