• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

jts

...hate me...
LMAO, I've been rocking the GM for one week (wi-fi working), tried wi-fi just a couple of minutes out of curiosity and indeed it loaded a login screen, followed by the success text, and then it just worked.

Silly Apple.

CrankyJay

Banned
Ugh, updating my wife's iPhone 4 now and it seems to be hanging in the update process where the Apple and progress bar is on the screen. Fuck me.

edit: nvm, progress bar is moving, but this is going way slower than my phone was....

Apple built the Map's app not google, Apple doesn't have google's database anymore so they basically have to start over. From what i heard the data they have for maps is not super great.

Ragus

Banned
I'm on iP4 I do not like iOS6 as it is now.

-appstore is fugly and runs like a joke
-white background on Phone and Music is terrible. Why can't I choose for fucks sake?
-new maps suck

Sticking to 5.1 on my iPad.

Wow, you can set alarms as songs from your iTunes library now.

I know that tons of alarm apps have that but its great for the native app to have it.

jb1234

Still no Wi-Fi for me. It appears to be an unrelated issue to the one all you guys had. Looks like I'll have to do a restore.

numble

You really think apple will let Google release a maps app after all the hype they been doing for there own?
They already released Chrome and YouTube, and Baidu and other already have the maps app.
Besides, Google Earth is on the App Store. Basically another Google mapping service.

Odd so I too am having the WIFI problem. My second gen Ipad is fine but my 4S cannot connect to any WIFI networks. Come on Apple get it fixed

Zaph

Ugh, just realised that with Apple's Youtube app gone, there is no way to use Youtube as a music player any more :(

Using Google's Youtube app, the moment you turn the screen off, the audio stops.

I might actually jailbreak for the first time just to get that app back...

And the circle is now complete. Installed Mountain Lion update on my MacBook Air and Messages is working great. Loving the iCloud tabs too. All around a great day for the Mac/iDevice ecosystem.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Is there any information about how ios6 performs on an iPhone 4?
I dont wanna update if its worse than 5 is
I'm having way better performance on an iPhone 4 than I was having with iOS 5, it seems to be the case to most people but ymmv. Maybe a restore (in case you haven't done one in a while) may help things if it seems to run worse.

madmook

iPod Touch 4G seems to be "snappier" overall. I was getting frequent bouts of mini-freezeups with 5.1.1

Might've even gotten me to hold off on getting a 5th gen Touch if I didn't have a lot of cracks in my screen from dropping it so many times :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Does the fact that the UI is no longer uniform across Apple's own apps bug anyone else as much as it does me?

Mr. F

Banned
The spotty wifi thing is happening for me too, frustrating.

Aside from that, is anyone else having trouble with Passbook? I see the first time splash page explaining what the app does, but when I press the go to the App Store button it says "Cannot connect to iTunes store." However, if I just go to the iTunes store regularly it loads proper. Weird.

So whenever I try opening Passbook it tells me "Cannot Connect To iTunes Store" even though my connection works fine and I can open both the iTunes Store and App Store on their own. Am I doing something wrong?

Thoraxes

iPod Touch 4G seems to be "snappier" overall. I was getting frequent bouts of mini-freezeups with 5.1.1

Might've even gotten me to hold off on getting a 5th gen Touch if I didn't have a lot of cracks in my screen from dropping it so many times :(

I can agree with this sentiment. It was getting worse too before.

Top Bottom