• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread February 2013: Where some have halitosis so packs of gum matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The promotion is active. It's open in 10 countries and we've given away about 0.5% of a huge number of copies so far.

If you hit an error... I'm not sure. Try again?

bladeshimmer

Neo Member

MrKayle

I know this is an older game, but Chip Chain is a lot of fun too. I wish there was some music during the gameplay, but I really love the mechanics and the IAP isn't bad at all (you really don't need to buy anything).

seconded, Chip Chain is a great title. I saw the creator in person at NYU Game Center recently, seemed like a nice guy.

The promotion is active. It's open in 10 countries and we've given away about 0.5% of a huge number of copies so far.

If you hit an error... I'm not sure. Try again?

I hit the "get my code" button, and nothing happens. Tried using 2 different browsers. If it matters, I'm in the US.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Got my NFS code...too bad I don't have enough room for it. Must be a pretty big file, I have almost 700mb free. But thanks for the code, IGN.

GDJustin

I hit the "get my code" button, and nothing happens. Tried using 2 different browsers. If it matters, I'm in the US.

It's still a little touch-and-go right now. We're slowly ramping things up and it's possible it might not work momentarily.

I would kill a kitten for that game on iPad.

I would smash your iPad to pieces if you killed a kitten, so really you'd have achieved nothing =P

Need for Speed is pretty fun, but I just can't play it while it constantly begs me to sign into Origin. Hey, EA, Game Center for fuck's sake.

Fox Mulder

Can you remove TTR from the OP, please.

It doesn't deserve to be there.

It's not a shit game.

It looks great and I already notice how it requires a little more skill than some other kart racers, like how to take proper lines around corners to mantain momentum and avoid hard drifts.

It does initially come off as stiff and slow paced, but there's multiple cars as you progress and you can also upgrade each. I imagine the starter ice cream truck is going to handle worse than a sports car.

dorkimoe

I would kill a kitten for that game on iPad.

i was just thinking about it the other day. I mean touch screen would be PERFECT, not 1 control problem. You could charge like 5$ for it and even have a FEW micro transactions to speed up time and whatnot. I wouldnt think development costs would be too high...

ibcwgDyAmO3e2y.png

Dungelot | $1.99, Universal
Dungelot Lite | Free, Universal

mzl.flzzxnjt.320x480-75.jpg

Trailer

This game is awesome. I hadn't noticed the chatter about it so thanks for including it in the OP.

dorkimoe

As much as I am enjoying Pixel People, its super annoying that every time I start it up the SFX is turned back on.

its fun, but i need to try it on ipad (if there is an ipad version) moving around on the map sucks on the phone. Also can you not build normal land? I can build roads and waterways but not grass

its fun, but i need to try it on ipad (if there is an ipad version) moving around on the map sucks on the phone. Also can you not build normal land? I can build roads and waterways but not grass

Much easier to use on iPad (its universal). I cant build waterways yet, not sure how. I guess you need the right clone unlocked?

I know at one point it mentioned building a bank to double your coins, still need to do that.

I found dungelot ultra boring.

It was fun at first, but its so random, and doesnt actually lead to anything. Its just a grinding score attack game, that requires more luck than skill.

It did get me to redownload 100 Rogues though, so it may prove its worth yet!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It was fun at first, but its so random, and doesnt actually lead to anything. Its just a grinding score attack game, that requires more luck than skill.

It did get me to redownload 100 Rogues though, so it may prove its worth yet!

On my second run through I got to level 60, super easy the entire way, and I don't know why I would do it again.

Card Boy

Banned
Please delete any crap that has a stamina bar or takes hours to build something, It's not worth your time people.

Please delete any crap that has a stamina bar or takes hours to build something, It's not your time people.

Some people like those style of games, and some of those style games are exceptional. Tiny Tower is a fantastic game that falls under your criteria. Instead of deleting them, maybe we need better descriptions so that you can tell what to stay away from?

Puzzle Saga is hilarious.

First world: perfect scores on every level first try.

Second world: perfect scores on every level first try.

Third world: Die on the first level in15 seconds.

Well done, developers.

dock

Eh.. I think you are being too hard on it. Luck is very much intrinsic to a rogue-like game. That's what Dungelot is modeled on.
Yes, but so is strategy and variety, both of which are borderline non-existent in Dungelot. The fact that you can buy your way out of trouble with the metascore is also pretty gross. Zero tension.

Is M&M: Clash Of Heroes worth it?

I was reading some negative user reviews. I have an iPad 2

I just started playing it and I do like it-but I can't say I love it-or I'm addicted to it. It's well done-but there are a few tiny little UI things that bug me. I wish there was a undo button because I've accidentally dragged my character onto the wrong column a few times-and it screwed me over...also I kind of have a "I don't know what I'm doing" feeling sometimes-like I don't know how much of my money I should be spending on the special units, etc...

Dawg

Can't decide if I should buy Baldur's Gate or Clash Of Heroes with my 10$ gift card. One is 9.99$ and the other one is 4.99$.

Having never played Baldur's Gate before makes the choice even harder :( There's been too many iPad games I dropped right after buying them and testing them out.

emag

Can't decide if I should buy Baldur's Gate or Clash Of Heroes with my 10$ gift card. One is 9.99$ and the other one is 4.99$.

Having never played Baldur's Gate before makes the choice even harder :( There's been too many iPad games I dropped right after buying them and testing them out.

I'd go with CoH. They both are sloppy ports with poor UIs, but CoH is IMO the better game and much more suited for portable gaming (full disclosure: I played through BG back in '99).

BGII is much, much better than the first. I might pick that up when it gets ported to iOS.

AEREC

Is M&M: Clash Of Heroes worth it?

I was reading some negative user reviews. I have an iPad 2

Yes it is worth it...plays fine on iPad but is cramped on the iPhone...which I think is what most people that are complaining are using.

Played a couple of Most Wanted races. I'm kinda surprised by how good it was!

I find it get's boring after the first bunch of races, they all feel the same and the roads just feel like long straights with a few curves thrown in and a random tunnel, much like the other EA racing titles on iOS.

Fox Mulder

I find it get's boring after the first bunch of races, they all feel the same and the roads just feel like long straights with a few curves thrown in and a random tunnel, much like the other EA racing titles on iOS.

But it looks great and has skrillex.

The always on the gas and device tilting control scheme probably limits the kind of courses they can actually do.

Zeth

Still haven't purchased Clash of Heroes. Probably the longest I've gone without picking up a notable iOS release in a year, heh. So should I get it?

GDJustin

Sorry, this promotion is closed.
Very late to the party. :(

No - 90% of the codes are still left. You get that message if you're not in one of the supported countries (it's not a very specific error message, I know).

If you ARE in one of the supported countries and that still popped up, then something else went wrong. Try again.

Rekwest

No - 90% of the codes are still left. You get that message if you're not in one of the supported countries (it's not a very specific error message, I know).

If you ARE in one of the supported countries and that still popped up, then something else went wrong. Try again.
Tryied 6 times no luck.
What countries are supported?

Some people like those style of games, and some of those style games are exceptional. Tiny Tower is a fantastic game that falls under your criteria. Instead of deleting them, maybe we need better descriptions so that you can tell what to stay away from?

Tiny tower is a fantastic game? The art is great but it's barely a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom