• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread March 2013: It's $1 per post, $5 for 8 posts or $10 for 20 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Well....to be honest I would be really happy with just a Hunters 2 fantasy re-skin, but I would be lying if all those things officially announced didn't make me salivating (events and in-dungeon happenings in particular).
I didn't even paid attention to the 'future support' things this time (like coop, sigh).
I can't really blame them for jumping on the Warhammer opportunity, but I noticed that since a long while they kept their lips sealed disappearing from every forums.
I want to belive.

I have an unprecedented amount of hype for WHQ

It's a licensed IP so I am guessing it will get more tlc / support than their own almost unknown one.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I just finished The Room. Very impressed by this little gem. No bullshit, just good puzzles, a great atmosphere and an interesting story that never gets in the way.

Looking forward to see what they do for the sequel.

okno

King Cashing 2 is my JAM, although it's pretty short (at the moment) and quite easy. The first one kicked my ASS, but I made it through the first page of Chapter 3 in a little over three hours (and that was just casual play, with some pauses here and there.) It looks like they'll be updating frequently, so hopefully the game lasts for a while longer, because it is pure, raw crack.

Manax

Just purchased and finished year walk. Loved it, congrats to the developer.

Love games that get you to write things down and look deeper into everything to understand what's presented to you. Looking over at touch arcade/here at all the theories about information that is yet to be discovered will keep me interested.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I am in dispair/dismay as to why it takes this long to inject English into Phoenix Wright HD.

Goli

I am in dispair/dismay as to why it takes this long to inject English into Phoenix Wright HD.

Maybe the thing's stuck in development hell and riddled with bugs and other things, or maybe they're having issues with certification. Guardian Cross from SE had to be submitted three times over the span of a few months before it got approved.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Aren't you guys itching for some challenge tonight?
I know I am, damn better be looking for this thread in a few hours, I have a feeling something might come up...

Injecting IAP hooks for F2P release

OBJECTION! (Wait 5 minutes or pay a token)

The amount of time the game makes you wait for data to download, it might as well be a freemium timer.

Seriously, people are just setting themselves up for harsh disappointment. Ace Attorney HD in its current form is garbage.

slash213

The amount of time the game makes you wait for data to download, it might as well be a freemium timer.

Seriously, people are just setting themselves up for harsh disappointment. Ace Attorney HD in its current form is garbage.

Are you judging by Japanese version (AFAIK, it's been released for a couple months now)? Can you elaborate?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Year Walk is game of the year for me so far, no question about it. Fantastic concept, fantastic execution, such a clever game all around.

ToxicAdam

King Cashing 2 is my JAM, although it's pretty short (at the moment) and quite easy. The first one kicked my ASS, but I made it through the first page of Chapter 3 in a little over three hours (and that was just casual play, with some pauses here and there.) It looks like they'll be updating frequently, so hopefully the game lasts for a while longer, because it is pure, raw crack.

I almost would not recommend other people from downloading this because of the incomplete nature of the game.

I'm already nearing the end of chapter 3 and I know I will just keep mindlessly grinding up my character to obscene levels and thus making the future chapters a joke as I walk through them. Maybe I can just start a new save file to avoid that.

It's a still a great sequel though, even in it's incompete state. No regrets.

ss_lemonade

Maybe not the right thread but is there an explanation on how ios 6's auto brightness actually works? I was expecting it to work like how android does it (adjusting depending on lighting condition around you) but my ipad 4 doesn't seem to be showing any brightness changes with it enabled. I do notice it becoming brighter with it on when running certain games.

Mareg

Maybe not the right thread but is there an explanation on how ios 6's auto brightness actually works? I was expecting it to work like how android does it (adjusting depending on lighting condition around you) but my ipad 4 doesn't seem to be showing any brightness changes with it enabled. I do notice it becoming brighter with it on when running certain games.

Weird my Ipad 4 does adjust based on ambient lighting. However, for some apps, I find it is a bit aggressive on the dimness in total darkness.

I'd really like them to implement a minimal threshold.

Dash Kappei

There's a proper thread for all hardware iPad-related questions, yes, but I'll try anyway to reply:

That's how it works on iOS as well, are you sure the light sensor isn't covered or something similar still?

Weird my Ipad 4 does adjust based on ambient lighting. However, for some apps, I find it is a bit aggressive on the dimness in total darkness.

I'd really like them to implement a minimal threshold.

Agreed. At the moment is too barebones to be as useful as it really could/should.

PFD

Not sure how it works exactly, but I find it very annoying and inaccurate, so I always keep it turned off. I remember reading that it will only dim your brightness, it won't raise it until you sleep/unlock.
Or the other way around

Dash Kappei

t1362459600z0.png

@GAF_iOS_scores

You're welcomed to tweet to us.
Tweet will announce the prizes any moment now. You guys have no idea....

Update: apparently we've gotta waif a few more hours on top of the coundown time otherwise at the end of the challenge the weekly leaderboard is gonna be fucked up for aussies players and some others

Dash Kappei

why am i following a cat :O

Ahahaha, that's Wesley! :))
My lovely maine coon whom I rescued from a cat lady. I love him, although he'll never replace Lisa, my previous cat who I had for 11 years and died last year from brain cancer :( she's still my "gamer pic" on Game Center btw, sweetest cat ever!

If you guys want to creare a proper icon for Twitter account @GAF_iOS_scores, go ahead!

Anyways, just revealed some of the sweet prizes up for the challenge (pics are on twitter)

PFD

Hunters 2 is down to a dollar.

Edit: heh ^^ beat me to it. It's an excellent game and far better than the first one. Beware though as I've heard it might not run on jailbroken devices unless you run in safe mode (turn off tweaks.)

Goli

Ahahaha, that's Wesley! :))
My lovely maine coon whom I rescued from a cat lady. I love him, although he'll never replace Lisa, my previous cat who I had for 11 years and died last year from brain cancer :( she's still my "gamer pic" on Game Center btw, sweetest cat ever!

If you guys want to creare a proper icon for Twitter account @GAF_iOS_scores, go ahead!

Anyways, just revealed some of the sweet prizes up for the challenge (pics are on twitter)

I made this:
iyO5khKnfXzHx.png

Dash Kappei

I made this:
iyO5khKnfXzHx.png

https://mobile.twitter.com/GAF_iOS_scores

^__^

Now let's see if someone bests you ;)
I love it! Too bad it's a tad blurred on non-retina devices' Twitter app, it's fine on the home pag but smeared when beside a tweet... but bravo for creativity!

I JUST bought it 2 days ago!

Story of iOS, lol.

Btw, how is it?

--

Anyway, I have a metagame running @GAF_iOS_scores where I drop hints for what the grand prize is going to be. Get it right first by tweeting the answer and you'll get a pretty cool iOS reward :)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wow, I wish the actual Neogaf logo had a design that nice.

Heel

Okay I have sent you a "Tweet" I believe. Figured I was on the right track with that Skybound cover, haha.

@Wario64, will you be my Tweeter Mr. Miyagi?

Manax

Puzzlecraft update guys.

Much loved last year now has new jobs and buildings

Will suck me in for days again.

Dash Kappei

Okay I have sent you a "Tweet" I believe. Figured I was on the right track with that Skybound cover, haha.

@Wario64, will you be my Tweeter Mr. Miyagi?

LOL, yes you did Tweet! Now just click on my icon and click on FOLLOW if you haven't done it yet.

Still, I've replied to yours and Wario's tweet.

And yet... we haven't got a winner YET :p

edit: also don't worry guys who aren't interested in GAF challenges, as soon as the specific thread is up today you won't see anymore of this stuff, I thought it wasn't as bad today to post it here since it's a slow week anyway and good games aren't exactly flooding us :(

ios has been disappointing lately. Way too many F2P games. I don't like the direction it's going. Even $0.99 games aren't fun to buy anymore. Sales aren't the same either.

Meanwhile, the 3DS is taking off! Which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom