• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ios13 is just... ugh...

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I noticed that on only one group chat in the imessages that the predictive words are all in French. It wont take any English words without forcing it. Only on that one chat. What is that about?

iconmaster

Banned
Only upgraded last night but so far it seems okay. Face ID is definitely faster. Text selection is better thought-out. Long press on the springboard now gets you the 3D touch options, which is kind of nice but does mean an extra tap if you want to rearrange or delete apps. Dark theme's cool.

Anybody having an issue with copying and pasting with iOS 13?
No I don't, it kinda works like before. I hold a word and drag over whatever I want to copy then paste.

works fine?

I'm on TabletOS 13.1, I also don't have much to complain about the update.

Mista

Banned
No I don't, it kinda works like before. I hold a word and drag over whatever I want to copy then paste.

works fine?

I'm on TabletOS 13.1, I also don't have much to complain about the update.
Try PhoneOS because thats what I am dealing with:

kbear

How is the Safari bug where the site stalls and you have to close safari and open it up again... how is that huge bug still around? I’m on iPhone XS Max and it happens every day. I was told it’s been around for a long time.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Guys...

When you reply on this forum, make sure you click the cog icon. Then you can paste links, paste text, and each new line with have capital letters.

I have no idea what changed to break it, but that’s the only fix I know of. Same on most forums right now.

Mista

Banned
Guys...

When you reply on this forum, make sure you click the cog icon. Then you can paste links, paste text, and each new line with have capital letters.

I have no idea what changed to break it, but that’s the only fix I know of. Same on most forums right now.
That’s how I have been doing it

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ios13.1.

pressing return still doesn’t auto capital (no cog selected in Gaf)

select all is now back with no cog selected, not all other sites.

double tap to zoom into text still broken.
Copy paste works.

search box in Gaf still broken and can’t enter text most of the time, box flashes and does nothing...

so meh, this update barely did anything, that a bag of bollocks... haven’t had a mail yet so can’t say if the mail preview is fixed :( edit: nope mail preview still broke

Last edited:

greyshark

13.1.1 Release Notes:
  • Fixes issues that could prevent iPhone restoring from backup
  • Addresses an issue that could cause battery to drain more quickly
  • Fixes an issue that could impact recognition of Siri requests on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • Resolves a problem where Safari search suggestions may re-enable after turning them off
  • Addresses an issue that could cause Reminders to sync slowly
  • Fixes a security issue for third-party keyboard apps

CyberPanda

Banned

According to Apple's notes for the beta, the iOS 13.1.2 update introduces bug fixes for several issues, including problems with the camera, iCloud backup, flashlight, and more.
iOS 13.1.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:
- Fixes a bug where the progress bar for iCloud Backup could continue to show after a successful backup
- Fixes an issue where Camera may not work
- Addresses an issue where the flashlight may not activate
- Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data
- Fixes an issue where shortcuts could not be run from HomePod
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles
There are also separate release notes for the iPadOS 13.1.2 update:
iPadOS 13.1.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPad. This update:
- Fixes a bug where the progress bar for iCloud Backup could continue to show after a successful backup
- Fixes an issue where shortcuts could not be run from HomePod
iOS 13.1.1, released last Friday, was also a bug fix update and came after iOS 13.1, released a week ago.

greyshark

The release cycle for this year's iOS has been quite different from year's past. I hope once 13.2 comes out we see more stability out of it, buggy OS's are lame (and a major reason I switched from Android in the first place).

Top Bottom