• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I should really leave this thread. Verizon shut me down and got rid of early updates so I have another 4 months to wait until I can get a phone. By then I'm not sure if I should just wait for the next iPhone.

Why are there not 1 year contracts. Ugh.

Xater

btkadams said:
can you ask siri to play a playlist or album? or does it just receive commands to play specific songs?

Yes both work, but I had to change Siri to English to make anything besides Rammstein work...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Shurs said:
Just got back from the Apple Store.

I explained (and demoed) the rattling issue to a "genius" and they asked if they could take it into the back and open it up to see if anything was loose.

A few minutes later she came out and told me that there was nothing loose inside. What we were hearing was the sensor. She said it was "all good."

"So all iPhones make this noise when you tap the back?" I asked her.

"Yes," she said, "Well, to varying degrees."

So that's good news, I guess. Though I wonder why she expressed concern in the first place if, as she says, all iPhones make the same noise.
My iPhone 4 and 4S both make this noise at the top.

I actually think its the power button rattling

Shurs said:
Just got back from the Apple Store.

I explained (and demoed) the rattling issue to a "genius" and they asked if they could take it into the back and open it up to see if anything was loose.

A few minutes later she came out and told me that there was nothing loose inside. What we were hearing was the sensor. She said it was "all good."

"So all iPhones make this noise when you tap the back?" I asked her.

"Yes," she said, "Well, to varying degrees."

So that's good news, I guess. Though I wonder why she expressed concern in the first place if, as she says, all iPhones make the same noise.

get the AppleCare+ warranty

dk_

Xater said:
Also when you ask German Siri to play an English song it is pretty much impossible. It always tries to figure out what you might have said in German.
Is it not possible to switch to English language?

Shurs

planar1280 said:
get the AppleCare+ warranty

Definitely going to go for AppleCare+ so I can go case-less without worrying.

cjelly said:
My iPhone 4 and 4S both make this noise at the top.

I actually think its the power button rattling

Thanks. That puts my mind at ease.

btkadams

Xater said:
Yes both work, but I had to change Siri to English to make anything besides Rammstein work...
omg, hype levels have returned. that's going to make changing music while driving a lot better. i hope it's not too buggy. i have a feeling songs by MSTRKRFT or djedjotronic might be hard for siri lol.

giga

btkadams said:
omg, hype levels have returned. that's going to make changing music while driving a lot better. i hope it's not too buggy. i have a feeling songs by MSTRKRFT or djedjotronic might be hard for siri lol.
You can also ask it to play something by genre like "Play some classical music".

Woot! Got back from the AT&T store. Was first in line!

One question: How do I access Siri? Sorry if it's already been answered. I'm too lazy to read back.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Siri let's you switch to these:

8dC11.jpg

btkadams

giga said:
You can also ask it to play something by genre like "Play some classical music".
that's sweet actually! it'd be like the shuffle function except with specific genres, which is what i'd vastly prefer over shuffling all songs.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
cjelly said:
Siri let's you switch to these:

http://i.imgur.com/8dC11.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
But you said that if you switch to something that isn't English US, it loses maps functionality?

Xater

So this is an example of me asking Siri to play "In Waves".

Z7zpj.png

It understand it as "in UNX" and then continues to play "I am Hell (Sonata in C#)"
KuGsj.gif

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
ATT is fucking up so majorly. :jnc

Looks like I'm not getting it for 3 weeks or whatever, but even better 2 of my friends have their bank accounts frozen right now from multiple charge attempts and I'm having a hell of a time getting Living Social to process a payment.

I called my bank and they said AT&T has tried to send 8 charges through in the last 24 hours on my account so they marked them as fraud. The same thing happened on Friday of last week when I pre-ordered it, so I had to call up and authorize payment again... which kicked me to the back of the line (thus the not getting it today).

Come on guys. This is your 5th launch. How have you not gotten your shit together yet? lol

Eric WK

Making my music playlist to sync while I wait for UPS and I immediately regret not going with 64gb over 32. Gonna have to pay for Spotify.

For those standing in line, who long have the lines been? Longer or shorter than last year? Will Apple have enough stock?

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered, but would like to pick one up for my girlfriend soon as well.

Xater

Chuck said:
I'm going case-less.

Same here. I also use no screen protection. I am very careful when it comes to my tech and never put anything besides the phone into my pocket. I am getting a car mount though, because I use it as a navigation system as well.

RubxQub

GOT IT! SKEET SKEET!

RubxQub

-Yeti said:
So when I hold down the Home Button, I just get regular Voice Control. Is there something I'm missing?
Siri...apparently!

asdad123

So Im picking up a 4s for my girlfriend but I have one question. She currently has a blackberry.

Is there any way to transfer her contracts over to the iphone? She has a mac if it makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom