• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Kerrby said:
How can you not tell that's a joke lol?

Considering Siri's response to certain questions the ifixit response does not seem that far fetched:

NXRdC.jpg

uuuaV.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Stupid job! The first thing I have to do with my new phone is sit on conference calls with it!

FUCK!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
AlphaTwo00 said:
NOTE:

SIRI CANADA FAIL: Siri cannot look for places in Canada.

I asked where the local starbucks is. NO REPLY!
Heh, so it's just the same as the standalone Siri app then. You can still ask it wolfram alpha stuff I guess.

Blackhead

Redarse
cjelly said:
Yeah, so switching the Siri language changes both the voice of Siri and the language understood.

French Siri has a nice voice.
What's the most similar app to Siri that teaches languages, anyone know?

zaryn

-Yeti said:
So when I hold down the Home Button, I just get regular Voice Control. Is there something I'm missing?

Same thing happened to me, but I found that Siri had been disabled by default for some reason. If you go into Settings->General->Siri, you can enable it there.

omgkitty

How are the Incase Snap cases? I wasn't going to get a case but I just found one that I absolutely must have and want to know how good they are.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! Posting from my new 64GB black 4S! My first iPhone, and so far it is unbelievably better than my old Droid. Even data performance seems to be much faster.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
One odd thing I've noticed is that the UK Siri does a much better job of understanding me even though I'm from the US! Too bad I can't use the UK Siri for directions.

Shurs

Gary Whitta said:
Yup, retina display is AMAZING.

Gary, I'm loving the look of the white model.

I was thinking of maybe trading it in for the black version, but now that I have it in my hand, I dig it.

omgkitty said:
How are the Incase Snap cases? I wasn't going to get a case but I just found one that I absolutely must have and want to know how good they are.
Love it. Great minimal case and has worked well for me for the last 15 months.

Tobor

omgkitty said:
Funny thing is that most of those employees probably didn't even know who he is until someone told them and then explained who he was.

Every single person in there knows who he is. He always goes to that store.

Evlar

Banned
3N16MA said:
Woz pays for his iPhone?
Last time this came up (news stories about him camping in front of an Apple Store for an iDevice... iPad in that case, I think) it was revealed that he gets a complimentary "thank you for co-founding the company" device from the board whenever he wants one, but he prefers to actually go down and buy them for his family. He does accept a complimentary device for himself, though.

Evlar said:
Last time this came up (news stories about him camping in front of an Apple Store for an iDevice... iPad in that case, I think) it was revealed that he gets a complimentary "thank you for co-founding the company" device from the board whenever he wants one, but he prefers to actually go down and buy them for his family. He does accept a complimentary device for himself, though.
Yeah he said he's had the 4S for a year now

Aske

Telus just emailed me to say they shipped my 4S yesterday and gave me a Purolator tracking number. Latest on Purolator's website says the package left Toronto at 7pm last night, so I assume I should get it today!

I hate surprises, but this was very welcome. I'd have been relieved just to know I was getting the phone on a specific date, even if they'd missed release day.

I request everyone with AT&T please do a speed test and post results on here. Wondering if the HSPA+ is bullshit or actually improves speeds.

ascii42

ReconYoda said:
I dont doubt it, but its weird thinking they had an A5 in the iphone before the ipad2 was even released.
This CNN article seems to indicate otherwise.

Wozniak acknowledged that he could have easily made one phone call to Apple and gotten the phone he's waiting in line for, but he didn't. He has yet to play with an iPhone 4S or its Siri voice-controlled assistant. He has said previously that he does not ask colleagues about products in development because he does not want to ruin the surprise for himself.

KtSlime

Xater said:
The response of Siri is that it can#t help me out with maps, traffic or directions.

I also have trouble asking Siri to tell conversions. I always get the response that it doesn't understand what I mean.
Sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Siri on this one. What does 'tell conversations' mean?

Popstar

Kermit The Dog said:
Really? He's still on the payroll, so I guess?
Years ago I saw something indicating he remained on the payroll just to keep the healthcare plan. Not sure if it's still true.

criesofthepast said:
OUR PHONES ARE TOUCHING!! I'm going to be pissed if this doesnt come here today. I live one hour from mount hope. Had to google where that was. lol It's basically Hamilton.

No estimated arrival yet. The monday arrival from before is gone.
Arrival got changed to monday for me last night like it seems to have for several people in Canada. Checked this morning and it's back to today! It's evidently on the truck and out for delivery!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Technosteve said:
I request everyone with AT&T please do a speed test and post results on here. Wondering if the HSPA+ is bullshit or actually improves speeds.

I'm on Verizon, so it shouldn't matter, but what's a good site/app to do speed tests from mobile phones?

btkadams

ivedoneyourmom said:
Sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Siri on this one. What does 'tell conversations' mean?
he wrote conversions, not conversations. i'm assuming he means asking siri to convert 10 pounds into kilograms (or something similar).

Technosteve said:

Planning on it. My girlfriend will still have a 3s.. We'll be out and about this evening and I'll do some tests with both phones in various places and report back. (Seattle area)

Evlar

Banned
Thread is getting quiet... I guess people are setting up their phones, playing with the new features, asking Siri how to make their dicks longer...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This device is so snappy and smooth. Everything about it just works so incredibly well. I was an idiot for making the Droid my first smart phone when it came out.

Weenerz

Banned
Got mine around 9:30 this morning, activated just fine with AT&T. Decided to head to the apple store for a dock and extra cable and holy shit that place is a zoo.

ChanHuk

Banned
Alright did AT&T fuck me? They didn't sell Applecare+ at the store but said I could pick it up at Apple after. In my half awake state I said its fine I'll pick it up after and they activated the phone. Should I raise hell with customer service now if I can't add Applecare+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom