• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Vyer

from @panzer

hxGyt93.jpg
uRzPZKI.jpg

gonna have to see them in person, honestly can't decide which i like more

ASTROID2

The only reason the glossy one exists is it looks good in renders. Matte is always superior for it not having fingerprints.

dc89

How does the pricing for the upgrade program work in the US? trying to guess if it would be affordable in the UK.

Pricing is a joke, but that's probably down to the stupid exchange rate. The supposedly cheaper 'old' 6S is the same price it was last year when new, and the 7 is £100 more expensive

Pricing is up.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

Capacity iPhone 7 iPhone 7 Plus
32GB £33.45/mo. £39.45/mo.
128GB £38.45/mo. £44.45/mo.
256GB £43.45/mo. £49.45/mo.

And that includes Apple Care +, but you can take that off for lower costs.

KingKong

How do you guys even use the plus phones, I have the regular 4.7 inch one and even thats a little too big to comfortably grip and touch the entire screen

jax

Banned
The 7 is largely a yawn for me. Not waterproof. Scratch prone repaint of a 6S. Pretty disappointed.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

32GB £33.45/mo. £39.45/mo.
128GB £38.45/mo. £44.45/mo.
256GB £43.45/mo. £49.45/mo.

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

It's still £367 for the lowest 32GB iPhone 7 every year if you upgrade. £433 for the lowest 7+.

Surely it'd be better value to just buy sim free and sell it? Although it is interest free.

And that includes Apple Care +, but you can take that off for lower costs.

Any info on how much cheaper without AppleCare+? I don't think it's necessary in the EU

Edit: ah it's about £5 less per month but you lose the yearly upgrade - it's just a 20 month interest free purchase

DJ88

Is anyone else getting an old iPhone 3G vibe from the piano black? It might just be the curved edges, but at least in pictures, it reminds me more of the cheap glossy plastic of the 3G than the beautiful glass of the 4.

I'm leaning more towards the matte finish because of it.

hc130190055467.jpg

dc89

It's still £367 for the lowest 32GB iPhone 7 every year if you upgrade. £433 for the lowest 7+.

Surely it'd be better value to just buy sim free and sell it? Although it is interest free.

Any info on how much cheaper without AppleCare+? I don't think it's necessary in the EU

Well it is necessary for the accidental damage coverage if that's what you want.

Let me go try and see

Edit:

32GB £27.50/mo. £33.50/mo.
128GB £32.50/mo. £38.50/mo.
256GB £37.50/mo. £43.50/mo

You can't get it without Applecare+ at least in the US. The monthly is just RRP + applecare retail price over 24 months with the option to replace the phone after 12 months worth of payments.

Mortemis

Banned
Is anyone else getting an old iPhone 3G vibe from the piano black? It might just be the curved edges, but at least in pictures, it reminds me more of the cheap glossy plastic of the 3G than the beautiful glass of the 4.

it does.

Just imagine the matte black with chamfered edges and a glass back. So good.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah. I really want the Jet Black but I can totally see it picking up fingerprints.

Though I'm still sad I was never able to get a 5C in black. I got the white but a black one would have looked amazing.

Jeffrey

hc130190055467.jpg

think that was the point. And apparently like the old 3g, its easy as hell to scratch lol.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well it is necessary for the accidental damage coverage if that's what you want.

Let me go try and see

Edit:

32GB £27.50/mo. £33.50/mo.
128GB £32.50/mo. £38.50/mo.
256GB £37.50/mo. £43.50/mo

You can't get it without Applecare+ at least in the US. The monthly is just RRP + applecare retail price over 24 months with the option to replace the phone after 12 months worth of payments.

Found it - £5 less but you lose the ability to upgrade to a new phone after a year..

In for black Plus 128gb.

Question for who has the apple upgrade program. What are the advantages of this over a carrier upgrade program.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
headphones look pretty good.

1. dropping 1 in the toilet
2. having one have a shitty battery
3. having either one fall out
4. having pairing bullshit (which they claim won't happen)
5. that fucking adapter for normal headphones

Not sold on the idea. just too easy to lose one. the phone functions and double tap were a bit 'oooh the future' though.

UrokeJoe

In for black Plus 128gb.

Question for who has the apple upgrade program. What are the advantages of this over a carrier upgrade program.

Wondering the same, but assuming one might be if you are still grandfathered in for unlimited via ATT it would be best to go with Apple?

Jeffrey

In for black Plus 128gb.

the phone is unlocked, so if you travel abroad you can swap the card out, or if you switch carriers you can do that too. You get apple care+ (the cost is added into your monthly).

Hasney

I'm not getting one, but so damn interested in how much consumers give a shit about the lack of headphone port. I think Android users will care more due to the amount of choice they have, but if people want an iPhone, this is the iPhone.

Presuming people will generally not care tbh.

Quake1028

Anyone seen anything regarding AT&T and/or Verizon 2 year contract pricing for the US? I'm on a business account and we can still use 2 year contracts.

Also, would 6S+ cases and tempered glass protectors work on the 7+ or no? They are the exact same size, but the camera would give me pause on the back and the home button on the front.

Servbot24

Banned
They will absolutely backtrack on this. In a years time they will be talking about how the next iphone will have it return.

100% out of the question. Apple is doing the right thing at the wrong time. In a year or two it will be the right time, so backtracking would be ridiculous.

I'm still annoyed by the lack of a headphone jack, but I'm willing to forgive it for everything else they've upgraded.

The iPhone Pro camera. God damn.

I think it would be easier to forgive if they added a second lightning port so I can charge my phone and use the headphones at the same time. Apple has basically upped the number of accessories I'm gonna need to buy or have on hand to get around this bullshit by maybe 5-6. I'm throwing car related accessories into that number and maybe a couple use cases I haven't thought of yet.

It just feels like they ruined what would have been a pretty good upgrade (at least for me since I'm on 6 plus) with some Old Microsoft level nonsense.

"We want to sell more tablets so we're gonna make Metro for Windows 8 mandatory! Even for PC users! Don't you want one of our fantastic tablets now?"

"We need to increase the base for Kinect so we're going to make them mandatory to buy and forward the costs of justifying this technology to developers on to you the consumer!"

This really feels like a phone that I'm going to keep for about a year and ditch as soon as the next one comes out. That's if they have a better solution by then.

Also I feel like Apple's warning for the jet black or whatever it's called is incredibly stupid, "look at how good this phone looks! Also get a case and cover up how good it looks because it'll scratch really easily."

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Was gonna get the jetblack 128GB plus, but I'm thinking against it now it will most def skuff up overtime and with the way cases love to have cut out for apple logo on back that will get rekt.

So, I'll go with 7+ 128 black me thinks or should I go with 256GB it's only $150 more in Australia. Help me decide D;

Edit: Also, I'll be selling it within a year easy if next iPhone has OLED and all the other extra rumors. I sold my iPhone 6 for nice amount market here is good for selling.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
How does an iPhone a year work? When you try to enroll in it, it says payment is spread across 24 months...does this mean if you get a phone next year you have to pay for two payments??

I'm not getting one, but so damn interested in how much consumers give a shit about the lack of headphone port. I think Android users will care more due to the amount of choice they have, but if people want an iPhone, this is the iPhone.

Presuming people will generally not care tbh.

Yeah the fact that's it's packed in and gives people the same experience/audio people have been fine with for years on the iPhone, this is going to blow over quick.
How does an iPhone a year work? When you try to enroll in it, it says payment is spread across 24 months...does this mean if you get a phone next year you have to pay for two payments??
Trading the phone in 'pays off' the rest of the 12 months.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

No. If you pay 24 the phone is yours to keep. Or you can replace it with a new phone after a year and reset the clock. So you start another 24 month period.

Basically keep paying and get a new phone every year. Stop and after two years you keep the phone

Jeremy

If you pay the full 24 months you can keep the phone, if you pay 12 months you can upgrade the phone BUT you also have to return the phone to Apple in (I assume) pretty decent condition. I've heard it compared to a lease.

Is it still possible to get it with a AT&T Contract? I only see two options online.

Hoping for a 256gb 7plus tomorrow night

Top Bottom